Members push back & WIN! on proposed temple development

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Re: Members push back on proposed temple development

Post by _mentalgymnast »

I have a question wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:21 am

Can you find a quote from a Church Leader where they state that God is too busy to get involved with the First Presidency on projects? What about one where the members are told not to bother God with details or small stuff?
I don’t doubt that God told the First Presidency to build a temple in the Toole area. What I would question, however, is whether or not God micromanages everything thereafter. I mean, the church employees and managers are getting paid for doing what they do and have responsibility and stewardship for making important decisions. I would suggest that as they are making business decisions they are left to their own to do so without having to send everything up the food chain.

Whether or not the First Presidency was even involved in the decision to accommodate the wishes of the local residents after they complained is questionable in my mind.

When members petition God for blessings in regards to the ‘small’ stuff I believe answers can be given through a network of folks from the other side of the veil. Which answers and blessings God is directly involved with personally I don’t think we can know one way or the other.

But it really doesn’t matter. I would hazard a guess that God’s administrative staff is pretty large.

Do you really think, on the assumption that there is a creator God, that He does all the lifting? Heavy lifting...very possibly. But the light/repetitive stuff? Not as likely.

Regards,
MG
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:16 pm

When members petition God for blessings in regards to the ‘small’ stuff I believe answers can be given through a network of folks from the other side of the veil. Which answers and blessings God is directly involved with personally I don’t think we can know one way or the other.
Thank you for sharing your theory about how the whole Creator God prayer thing works.

So, how does he keep airplanes from falling to the ground?
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Morley wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:47 pm
mentalgymnast wrote:

Thank you for sharing your theory about how the whole Creator God prayer thing works.

How does he keep airplanes from falling to the ground?
Bernoulli's principle. And great engineering by aeronautical engineers. Oh, and trained 👨‍✈️ pilots.

Regards,
MG
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:05 pm
Morley wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:47 pm

How does he keep airplanes from falling to the ground?
Bernoulli's principle. And great engineering by aeronautical engineers. Oh, and trained 👨‍✈️ pilots.
Given your network-of-dead-relatives-finding-keys-‘cause-God-can’t-be-bothered theory, I admit that I’m surprised.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Morley wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:20 pm
mentalgymnast wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Given your network-of-dead-relatives-finding-keys-‘cause-God-can’t-be-bothered theory, I admit that I’m surprised.
Why?

Regards,
MG
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:07 pm
Morley wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Why?
Oh, I thought our ancestors would be flying along, holding up the wings. All in answer to our muttered prayers.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

mentalgymnast wrote:
I have a question wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:21 am

Can you find a quote from a Church Leader where they state that God is too busy to get involved with the First Presidency on projects? What about one where the members are told not to bother God with details or small stuff?
I don’t doubt that God told the First Presidency to build a temple in the Toole area. What I would question, however, is whether or not God micromanages everything thereafter. I mean, the church employees and managers are getting paid for doing what they do and have responsibility and stewardship for making important decisions. I would suggest that as they are making business decisions they are left to their own to do so without having to send everything up the food chain.

Whether or not the First Presidency was even involved in the decision to accommodate the wishes of the local residents after they complained is questionable in my mind.

But it really doesn’t matter. I would hazard a guess that God’s administrative staff is pretty large.

Do you really think, on the assumption that there is a creator God, that He does all the lifting? Heavy lifting...very possibly. But the light/repetitive stuff? Not as likely.

Regards,
MG
As I've shown with quotes, according to your Church Leaders your God is involved in all the light repetitive stuff, for everyone, all the time. Are you disagreeing with them? And I repeat my request: Can you find a quote from a Church Leader where they state that God is too busy to get involved with the First Presidency on projects? What about one where the members are told not to bother God with details or small stuff?
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

I have a question wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:06 pm
mentalgymnast wrote:

Regards,
MG
As I've shown with quotes, according to your Church Leaders your God is involved in all the light repetitive stuff, for everyone, all the time. Are you disagreeing with them? And I repeat my request: Can you find a quote from a Church Leader where they state that God is too busy to get involved with the First Presidency on projects? What about one where the members are told not to bother God with details or small stuff?
Do you absolutely have to have a quote for anything that you have a problem with? Can you not do any thinking on your own? As you can see, I can. And often do.

Regards,
MG
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Members push back & WIN! on proposed temple development

Post by _Philo Sofee »

MG
Can you not do any thinking on your own? As you can see, I can. And often do.
You haven't had an original though outside of Mormonism's thinking for years. Who do you think you are kidding? Yours is a warm pudding of regurgitated Mormonism, not your own original thinking. If it ain't in and aligned with Mormonism, you wouldn't know it.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Re: Members push back & WIN! on proposed temple development

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:42 am
MG
Can you not do any thinking on your own? As you can see, I can. And often do.
You haven't had an original though outside of Mormonism's thinking for years. Who do you think you are kidding? Yours is a warm pudding of regurgitated Mormonism, not your own original thinking. If it ain't in and aligned with Mormonism, you wouldn't know it.
You are literally exhausting to read. Same ol’ nothing burgers tossed out indiscriminately. All I see you do is come in here and name a bunch of books that you’ve read as though that makes your opinion more valuable. I have not seen evidence that you do your own thinking. You more often than not simply pilfer the ideas of others and make them your own. But they’re not.

Sigh. Such an expert you are. Enjoyed your Book of Abraham DVD’s though. Expert back then?

Regards,
MG