Did Allen Wyatt Get 'Demoted' at Interpreter?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Did Allen Wyatt Get 'Demoted' at Interpreter?

Post by _Philo Sofee »

All they have to do is regurgitate crap written a few years ago. It's their main method now isn't it? It's almost as predictable and bad as the Ensign had gotten to be....
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Hi, Allen.

Let's be honest here. I know you're reading this. That means that you've seen months' worth of documentation showing how little the Powers That Be at "Interpreter" value your work. Schlepping clear down from Wyoming just to deliver a hard copy of a book....during a pandemic? Either you are getting paid, or you are essentially a "lickspittle." What do you hope to gain here? This has no impact whatsoever on your eternal salvation. Do you really enjoy being the bespectacled, awkward "wienie" that they mock on live radio? C'mon, man. Grow a spine. Quit being a "slug." There are lots of people who would respect you more for stepping up and demanding the respect you deserve.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

it may very well be that we will be getting daily plugs for "Interpreter," with zero mention of Wyatt. Take this post from today, for example.

Day in and day out, for many years, "SeN" has plugged "Interpreter" but has failed to thank the key person who has kept the thing running.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:14 am
it may very well be that we will be getting daily plugs for "Interpreter," with zero mention of Wyatt. Take this post from today, for example.

Day in and day out, for many years, "SeN" has plugged "Interpreter" but has failed to thank the key person who has kept the thing running.
That's Wyatt's fault. He has drank the kool aid that his reward is in heaven, I say let him suffer. Who actually cares? I realize this reflects on Peterson, but when you are on the road to Elohimhood, you have the righteous privilege of using others to get your glory. Wyatt is a rag to be used wiping the toilets with. His Elohim wreath of greatness will more than make up for his mere pittance of appreciation shown to him here. He really believes that and it makes him joyous beyond measure. So long as you brainwash the riff raff so your own earthly and heavenly glory is assured, to them, there is no problem. He has the priesthood and wears the sacred cotton of armor of God that is "bullet proof, fire proof, pretty much everything harmful proof," surely a man ought to be satisfied with all of those "blessings"!!!
Get back to work Wyatt!!! Peterson needs his earthly glory!!!!!!!!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:26 am
Wyatt is a rag to be used wiping the toilets with.
Wow. That is so incredibly depressing that I don't even know where to begin. It's like something out of Bukowski.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:34 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:26 am
Wyatt is a rag to be used wiping the toilets with.
Wow. That is so incredibly depressing that I don't even know where to begin. It's like something out of Bukowski.
Not to Wyatt it isn't. To him whatever he is asked to do or say or not to say by his leaders and brethren, and without any acknowledgment whatsoever is celestial cheese cake to him, because they have brainwashed him into thinking great glory will be his in yonder heavens for his meagerly slave service taking his entire life here on earth. He may be the poop rag here, but as an exalted being, he will be, at last, taking a dump in a celestial toilet made of pure gold, like his street outside his 345,305,456 light years long mansion of glory. And that makes it all worth the stupid shiit (crap) he has to do here with no thanks, in order to stay valiant and be worthy of the great gold toilet in the sky.
Dr CamNC4Me
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

It's Friday, and as the Interpreter President so frequently puts it, "another new article has appeared in Interpreter: A Journal of Latter-day Saint Faith and Scholarship." Of course, there was no mention at all of Allen Wyatt. This seems to happen every Friday, despite what Wyatt does for the organization.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Sure: pleas for more money are just fine and dandy. And as the proprietor and President writes, "The Interpreter Foundation is like a fountain or a spring. It produces steadily." And you would think that the person who, perhaps more than any other, helps to make that happen, would get an occasional "Thank you." But no, not this time. Indeed, I think that a few months have now gone by since the last public "thanks" for Allen Wyatt.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

It's a strange observation Doctor Scratch. I couldn't say if you are on to some sort of hidden slight on Allen Wyatt or not. Has Allen Wyatt commented publicly, in any way, on the newly announced role-splitting?

Have you seen this post, which calls out a number of folks, including Allen Wyatt?
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... eport.html

Separately from Allen Wyatt, I draw attention to this introduction:
What follows is the letter that I sent out, toward the end of this past July, to many of the donors and volunteers who make the work of the Interpreter Foundation possible:
As one of Interpreter's recent and not insignificant donors, I'm obviously interested in tracking developments and disappointed that I did not receive a copy of the annual report letter. I have to ask: why not?

Public companies send annual reports, and guess what -- they send these annual report to every shareholder, whether the stake is a single share or a top 5 shareholder. More importantly, these annual reports are sent to shareholders without regard to public showings of support or criticism. Disclosure isn't selective or prejudicial. Good-faith organizations don't discriminate when it comes to official communications with constituents.

So my question is: why does the chairman of The Interpreter send an annual report to some donors, but not others? He absolutely, 100% has my email address. And I absolutely 100% donated a significant amount of money.

I can only speculate as to the meaning of this. I guess certain donors are easily forgotten, at the sole discretion of one person and his ego-sensitive perception of the donor's continuing loyalty.

Perhaps this would be a good time to remind the Chairman of his nearly uninterrupted and continuing failure to fulfill his paid-for promise. Dan Peterson promised to stop trash talking MDB and to "pretty much ignore MDB" in return for a very nice donation to Interpreter. It's all documented and he has acknowledged that promise in public.

And yet, months after he swore up and down that he intends to keep his word, he is STILL NOT keeping his word. WTF Dan!!!

It is frustrating in the extreme to engage a deal and be met with bad faith. It is another thing when someone gives you bad faith while claiming to be acting in good faith. Ahem -- that is called "lying." I can conclude only one thing, which is that Dan Peterson is simply unable to hold himself accountable. Achieving results in my "deal" with Dan Peterson is like dealing with Trumpish sociopathy.

And yes, I do still monitor Dan's online behavior. It is NOT remotely defensible for him to claim he is keeping his word. He acts in bad faith like it's a daily addiction, despite the fact that he is directly violating a contract that he himself eagerly engaged in. Puzzling and disturbing.

I'm surprised no one at BYU or the Interpreter has picked up on this yet or challenged Dr. Peterson to set a better example.

For the public record, here are samples from the most recent 2 pages of Disqus comments, each one an instance of Dan Peterson breaking his word. It's the same damn thing, and we are what 9 months along?

Dan, did you EVER intend to actually keep your promise? Or was it just another easily forgotten lie to further your personal ambitions?
Peterson wrote: a day ago
Given the character of the place whence you come, Moksha, the righteous-indignation-and-perpetual-scold schtick has long since lost its freshness and charm.

a day ago
This isn't your familiar message board. It's not all about personal defamation and slander here.

Aug. 20, 2020 (main post)
"Over at the Peterson Obsession Board..."

2 days ago
Precisely. And my implacable and obsessive critics at your message board almost certainly know this.
They simply don't care. The truth is not in them.

4 days ago
No, that's not "the real issue." It's an issue over at the Peterson Obsession Board. Yes, I grant you that. And it's the way that certain folks over at the POB like to frame it.

4 days ago
I realize, tavs/Charles, that that comment on Calvinism, from a quite spirited exchange that occurred several years ago, has been lovingly treasured and occasionally trotted out over on the Peterson Obsession Board.

4 days ago
I understand that the specimen you've shared here comes from the archive maintained at the Peterson Obsession Board.
Midgley wrote: 4 days ago
I am, of course, a mean, nasty brute--but not quite in the same category as Professor Peterson on the hate board.

4 days ago
The Peterson hate Board has, it seems, been looking for anything to discredit me, except engaging anything I have published...gemli, unlike those who have migrated to sic et non from the Peterson hate board, has never shown the hatred that some who come here to justify to apostasy to both themselves and others..
Kiwi wrote: 20 hours ago
Nevertheless, I doubt that there is, collectively, as much malice and willful ignorance among the lot of them as there is in the little coterie of haters for whom you speak.

2 days ago
I have no doubt that, back on Scumbag Central, the hate clique are all cheering lustily. They approve of lies, after all. But if that is the audience you are really performing for, I suggest you perform for them over there.

Saying and allowing all of this material at SeN might feel good to Dan, but it violates Dan's contractual promise. Evidently what Dan means when he says "I keep my promises" is something different than what everyone else means by "keeping a promise." The evidence shows that for Dan Peterson it means something distorted, as in "keep" out of mind and segmented away from any notion of personal accountability. Dan, you're on thin ice at this point. I'm going to take another step at escalation after seeing all of this BS still showing up on SeN after so many months.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Dr. Moore,

I think it's time to request your donation be refunded to you in whole. I would give Dan/Interpreter 10 days to refund your money. That's more than a reasonable time.

The legal lesson for Dan and the Interpreter to learn from this that when a 501(c)(3) solicits donations, such solicitation must clearly note (in writing) that if the intended use of, and conditions for the solicited donation is not feasible, the donation will be used for the organization’s general operations, or for capital projects not yet specified. Without such clear indicators noted (in writing) to the donor, the Interpreter is legally obligated to satisfy any condition of the gift. Here, the condition was that Dan wasn't allowed to mention Mormondiscussions.com.

Dan has obviously disregarded such condition, and legally must refund the donation to the Dr. Moore.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014