Did Allen Wyatt Get 'Demoted' at Interpreter?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Did Allen Wyatt Get 'Demoted' at Interpreter?

Post by _Philo Sofee »

This would appear to be yet another slap in the face to Allen Wyatt. What are the odds that this will ultimately contribute to him leaving the Church?
Yes, but Lindsay has a bio, what does Allen Wyatt have? Short sideburns...... that's about it. There is nothing particularly enamouring about his intellectual achievements other than buying up the websites with the Tanner's names and taking their copyrights away from them. Other than that, just what has he accomplished that's worth writing about?
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:05 am
This would appear to be yet another slap in the face to Allen Wyatt. What are the odds that this will ultimately contribute to him leaving the Church?
Yes, but Lindsay has a bio, what does Allen Wyatt have? Short sideburns...... that's about it. There is nothing particularly enamouring about his intellectual achievements other than buying up the websites with the Tanner's names and taking their copyrights away from them. Other than that, just what has he accomplished that's worth writing about?
I dunno. Eating 11 pounds of M&Ms isn't "nothing." But that was the thing that Dan Peterson chuckled at approvingly, so there you go.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

It's Friday again! And there was, once again, no mention of Allen Wyatt's service to Interpreter."SeN" did take time out to mention Stephen Smoot and the "Neville-Neville Land" blog. (So I guess Smoot gets two shout-outs, while Wyatt gets zero?)
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Symmachus
_Emeritus

Post by _Symmachus »

I see Matthew Bowen has published yet another article where he decides the Book of Mormon's English text reflects a Hebrew word whose various shades of meaning he then uses to argue how nuanced the English text is—how could Joseph Smith have known that?
"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."

—B. Redd McConkie
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Symmachus wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:01 pm
I see Matthew Bowen has published yet another article where he decides the Book of Mormon's English text reflects a Hebrew word whose various shades of meaning he then uses to argue how nuanced the English text is—how could Joseph Smith have known that?
Certainly not from Deuteronomy, Habakkuk, Genesis, or Numbers.......Joseph, we are assured by apologists, could not have known the Bible.......so........well, there is that thing they call revelation....perhaps something along those lines...... :rolleyes:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

There have been numerous mentions about various postings to the "Interpreter" blog-website, including this latest one from today. None of them have made any mention of Allen Wyatt, whose role--so we've been led to believe--is principal, and yet his hard, completely pro bono work, does not even merit a casual "thank you."
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

It seems that, at this point, there are near-daily announcements about postings to the "Mormon Interpreter" blog on "SeN." For example, today there was this one announcing a few frivolous-seeming items. You really have to wonder whether Wyatt played any role in this. Even more so, you have to wonder why his (allegedly completely voluntary) work goes unmentioned. Eventually, you are going to have to wonder by *I*--the B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetics Studies--finds more things wrong with the situation that the President of the Interpreter Foundation. How about paying him? Is that something that's set aside out of fears of accusations of "priestcraft"? If so, then the critics have clearly won.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Is it reasonable to believe at this point that he and Interpreter have parted ways?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:45 am
Is it reasonable to believe at this point that he and Interpreter have parted ways?
No, I don't think so. I believe I saw him surface in the "Comments" at "SeN" recently in order to kiss the proprietor's butt. He seems to be still holding out hope that he'll one day get the respect he deserves.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

There was a decidedly low-key announcement about two new items posted to the "Interpreter" blog on Friday. Do you think Allen Wyatt was mentioned? No? That's right--you are correct. There was no mention at all of Allen Wyatt.