New Mormon Stories/RFM interview with Robert Ritner

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: New Mormon Stories/RFM interview with Robert Ritner

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I would be like totally boring man compared to this podcast......
This podcast is sensational!!!!!!!!!
Gee and Muhlestein are OVER, DONE, WASHED UP, DEAD. They have literally LIED their entire lives....
Incredible smack down of the apologists...........the strongest against the human sacrifice argument I have ever heard. THE TANNERS GOT IT RIGHT!!! Just WOW. And the liars are the Mormons. I mean this eviscerates anything Mormons ever say or have said about the scripture, or the Holy Ghost bearing witness to its truth. My gawd this is MASSIVE destruction of Mormon credibility. Amazing! And I am only into it 1 hour of 4 in part 2!
Paul Osborne HAS BEEN RIGHT. Yes, he's crude, but HE IS RIGHT. Brian Hauglid IS RIGHT. It is the establishment religion that has been lying to us with its paid apologists the entire time. This podcast is the FINAL SAY SO. Robert Smith is a clown compared to Ritner. NONE (its hard to over exaggerate this!) NONE of the Mormon claims on the Pearl of Great Price are correct. EVERYTHING apologetic is literally lies, distortions, and obfuscations. My gawd this is incredible work. CONGRATS CONSIGLIERI!!!!!!!!!!! Everything you do, unfortunately after this will be less than. Prove me wrong however........Lol
Last edited by Guest on Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Cwald
Best part of the podcast is when they were talking about the Egyptian facsimile where the Egyptian God is masturbating and using his "seed" to populate the worlds, and RFM says, "that is how we got the "Big Bang theory". Classic moment . A literal laugh out loud moment. Great job consiglieri.

The masterbating God seeding the worlds...that should a have been one of those teachings that was to be revealed in the temple. Can you imagine shulem? OMG, If only Joseph Smith was a prophet and had been able to read the hieroglyphic. What a great religion and temple experience it could have been.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now in bishops interviews when asked if we masturbate we can say SURE! God did according to the papyri, so we do too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:46 am
Paul Osborne HAS BEEN RIGHT. Yes, he's crude, but HE IS RIGHT.
I totally agree and appreciate your acclamation and enthusiasm!!

Book of Abraham apologetics has gone down kicking and screaming. I've taken the Book of Abraham and have it in a Full Nelson position -- I'm squeezing hard and remain in a state of glee and exhilaration that the Book of Abraham is destroyed.

I really, really, would love to discuss the king's name with John Gee and his sidekick, Muhlestein.

I would love to discuss Anubis in Facsimile No. 3.

I would love to bear testimony of what Joseph Smith and others said about the papyrus (according to the historical records).

I would love to bear testimony that the spiritual manifestation given by Joseph Smith was false. The saints in Kirtland & Nauvoo were lied to.

COME TO ME, John Gee. Let me take you down the rabbit hole. I'll take you for a ride you'll never forget!

I'm right here, waiting for you. I am your worst enemy. Do you want to take me on? Do you think you can?

I will focus like a laser beam and destroy your argument! My laser will cut and I'll break you.

I want to put John Gee in his place. I want to humble his sorry lying ass.

:twisted:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Robert F. Smith wrote:Yes, the printing plates degraded over the years, and, in any case, these are not scenes of masturbation (which Chuck Larson put into facsimile 1). Indeed, it is likely that both the bird-serpent and the seated falcon-wing-backed god are ithyphallic -- representing procreative power. Jews in late antiquity are known to have used phallic emphasis in some representations of their God, YHWH,[1] not to mention the scholars who sometimes find phallic symbolism in the Bible (I Samuel 2:1,10, II Samuel 22:3 = Psalm 18:2, Job 16:15, Psalms 75:4-5, 89:17,24, Luke 1:69, etc.).[2] Anti-LDS Egyptologist S. Mercer described register 2:7 as follows:
The seated god is Min-Amun-Re, sometimes called AArm-raising Horus,@ ATall-plumed son of Osiris,@ AHorus strong-armed,@ ASovereign of all the gods!@[4] The Neheb-ka figure opposite is a composite animal holding a Wd3t-eye in its paws. The Wd3t is Athe full, healed and intact eye@of Horus or of Re, is Athe symbol of divine life which can overcome death,@[5] i.e., the Wd3t is an amulet.

The Neheb-ka is a taker away of power and a bestower of powers, with authority from the Great Ennead of Atum, i.e., the Divine Council, or is seen as seven uraei exalted and identified with the Bull of the Tribunal-Ennead (see Faulkner on Coffin Texts 85-88 [II, 51-54]).[6] The ka-element in Neheb-ka has been translated variously as Aghost, phantom@ (Edfu, IV, 266, 7; Shipwrecked Sailor, 114), Aspirit, soul; essence; personality; fortune; fate; will (of king); kingship; goodwill; genius; guardian spirit; power; double@[7] (Pyramid Text 587), Ahyper-physical vital force.@[8]

[1] J. Campbell, The Masks of God, III: Occidental Mythology, 273-276.
[2] W. A. Smalley in M. Black and W. A. Smalley, eds., On Language, Culture, and Religion, 365.
[3] S. Mercer, Utah Survey, I/1:24.
[4] M. Lichtheim, Ancient Egyptian Literature, I:204.
[5] Bleeker, Hathor and Thoth, 125, citing Kristensen, Het leven uit de dood (1949), 26-27; A. Gardiner, Egyptian Grammar, 3rd ed., '266:1; Urkunden, V, 37, 13.
[6] Cf. Shorter, AThe God Nehebkau,@ JEA, 21 (1935):46B47.
[7] J. Wilson, Culture of Ancient Egypt, 86,299 n. 27; J. Zandee, Death as an Enemy, 184; LES, 68, 19; Gardiner, JEA, 36:7 n. 2; Greven, Ka in Theologie und Königskult des alten Reiches, reviewed by Faulkner, JEA, 41:141; Albright, From the Stone Age to Christianity (1940), 130; Albright, VESO, 26, 61, and XVII.C, citing ZÄS, 48:152-159; 54:56-64; JEA, 5:64.
[8] S. Morenz, Egyptian Religion, 170.
Oh, I'm sooooooooooo scared that you know your Egyptology!!!!

:surprised:

What will I do???

Hey, Robert-baby, what's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3?

What happened to Anubis's nose?

:twisted:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

King's name?

Anubis's nose?

_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Wait. What? Robert Smith... Do you deny the "masturbation" hieroglyphics explaind by Robert R?

Come on man?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

99% of Egyptian scholar know that the a Egyptian God "seeded" the worlds after masturbation. This is common knowledge?

I think this is why Dr Ritner was so frustrated. His own students are lying about history and science.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Smith is attempting to keep things in the old grooves of Nibley's interpretations from the 1950's-1970's. I used to research in this groove as well. Notice that none of his sources are recent, but are literally over 50 years old. The idea appears to me to be, hey lookit here, I can put together 20 or more sources, so my view must be correct. Notice he has done NOTHING to refute Ritner's understanding, he is just regurgitating Nibley's old propaganda. It just does not convince. Robert Smith is the one in way over his head.
Dr CamNC4Me
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:47 pm
Smith is attempting to keep things in the old grooves of Nibley's interpretations from the 1950's-1970's. I used to research in this groove as well. Notice that none of his sources are recent, but are literally over 50 years old. The idea appears to me to be, hey lookit here, I can put together 20 or more sources, so my view must be correct. Notice he has done NOTHING to refute Ritner's understanding, he is just regurgitating Nibley's old propaganda. It just does not convince. Robert Smith is the one in way over his head.
Yeah, I hear what you're saying. It's hard to stomach what Smith says because he's so illogical, biased, and defensive. He acts like he's so scholarly and informed but in reality he has boxed himself into a very small compartment and just repeats himself and cites references that do little to support what J SMITH actually claimed.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

I must have missed this in the interview, but did Ritner say that written Egyptian isn’t actually more space efficient than written Hebrew? I did hear him confirm that Egyptian as a compressed symbolic language was common belief in Joseph’s day. Wouldn’t it be a sort of instant death anachronism if written Egyptian turned out to be the same or less space efficient than written Hebrew? “Reformed Egyptian” as an anachronism, doesn’t work if Joseph was wrong about how Egyptian writing worked. And that one strikes at the very premise of a space limited set of gold plates, making the plates themselves more likely a fabrication.