Tad Callister accidentally makes a perfect analogy with a single image and headline

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Tad Callister accidentally makes a perfect analogy with a single image and headline

Post by _DarkHelmet »

Last edited by Guest on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Physics Guy
_Emeritus

Re: Tad Callister accidentally makes a perfect analogy with a single image and headline

Post by _Physics Guy »

Awesome.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Tad Callister accidentally makes a perfect analogy with a single image and headline

Post by _Lemmie »

That is too funny. Will they ever get it?
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

I sense a full-blown metaphor coming on. Something like the forest for the trees, maybe? The dangers of parallelisms? Or is it just as simple as coincidental side fittings do not a puzzle match make?
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

I’ve got it.

Whenever a side piece matches coincidentally, reality reveals an edge piece that doesn’t.

( regrets to “when god closes a door he opens a window.”)
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

You guys are silly! The person in the photo obviously has his/her hands spread apart so the pieces look like they don't fit when they obviously do, when looked at properly. It reminds me of Kuhn and paradigms ... and maybe Alma 32? (Where is Kevin Christensen to solve the problem???) Anyway, you anti's obviously are in the wrong paradigm. Your anti paradigm is in the theater next door with all of the people who practice alternative lifestyles, claiming biology made them how they are.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Lemmie wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:19 pm
That is too funny. Will they ever get it?
I hope not. The metaphor is too perfect.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:57 pm
You guys are silly! The person in the photo obviously has his/her hands spread apart so the pieces look like they don't fit when they obviously do, when looked at properly. It reminds me of Kuhn and paradigms ... and maybe Alma 32? (Where is Kevin Christensen to solve the problem???) Anyway, you anti's obviously are in the wrong paradigm. Your anti paradigm is in the theater next door with all of the people who practice alternative lifestyles, claiming biology made them how they are.
Awesome! :mrgreen:
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

The Plan of Salvation

The plan of salvation is the divine program that sets out the way to return to God’s presence and become more like Him so we might experience a fulness of joy. It reveals our divine origin and destiny. The author of this plan is God the Father.
https://www.thechurchnews.com/living-fa ... I've-192231

Here he appears to be behind the times (and wrong). The Church has moved to calling it The Plan Of Happiness because everyone achieves Salvation regardless of their religious beliefs or religious sect association. According to Mormon doctrine, salvation doesn't mean returning to God's presence. He's conflating salvation and exaltation.