"Bitter Fruit"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: "Bitter Fruit"

Post by _Shulem »

Louis Midgley wrote:and genuine prophets often cause rage and confusion among those who are, as our scriptures have it, "carnal, sensual and devilish
Like the rage and confusion that occurred after innocent Egyptian women woke up and found their firstborn sons dead at the hand of Jehovah's murderous angel.

Screw you, Midgley.
Kiwi57 wrote:We see this prophecy fulfilled in this thread.
And the prophecy of Jesus coming back and ruling over the Mormon Church is NEVER going to happen. It's been 200 years since Elohim appeared in the grove of trees and pissed on a 14 year old boy -- so far nothing else has happened. 200 years! The last days are counting down you fool! How about another 200 years? And 200 after that? And so on.

Screw Jesus and the horse he rode in on.

:twisted:
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

The sic et non crowd are a bunch of clowns.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:17 pm
The sic et non crowd are a bunch of clowns.
Had they lived in the days of Noah they would not have tossed a life preserver to anyone, especially a black man. Let him drown! Had they lived in the days of Moses they would have rejoiced that all the firstborn sons of Egypt were dead and counted it a blessing on their heads. Mormons today continue to honor the Old Testament and the murderous god Jehovah by refusing to recant or dismiss evil stories found in that unholy writ.

Basically, it boils down to the House of Israel (covenant people) and the Gentiles (bitter fruit).

That's it in a nutshell, folks. If you don't agree with me, fine, Screw you.

We be bitter fruit! Bitter!

:mrgreen:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Christofferson explained the new Church policy on same-sex marriage and children.

Are children of gay people sweet fruits or bitter fruits? They must be bitter because they are not worthy of baptism and the sins of the parents be upon the heads of the children, the bitter fruits. President Monson so ordered it by revelation as confirmed by evil NelSatan, himself.

We will baptize the kids of murderers and rapists and even child molesters. But gays? No need to apply. Those be bitter fruits.

STUPID Mormons!
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Sounds like it is taken a little out of context to me. If not, I am one of those bitter fruits.
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

"Hate the child's conception, but deny that you hate the child."
-- Playbook of Hater's Apologetics, Patheos Press, 2020
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

2 Nephi 2015 wrote:
Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but all men (except for children of gays) are privileged the one like unto the other, and none are forbidden.

He denieth none (except for children of gays) that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.
children of gays = bitter fruit
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

It's a good thing the parents aren't gay, if so, the kids couldn't be baptized without my signature.

Grandpa Gay Basher!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Unless of course, the parents are gay, the fruit from their womb is a curse.
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

What exactly is it that makes being born to an out-of-wedlock couple a "bitter fruit?"

We know divorce rate is something like 50%, no better in the church.

Would D. Todd agree that half of all married-couple births also destined to become bitter fruits, too?

And I wonder what the data says about out-of-wedlock couples who give birth to a baby before marriage. How many of those couples stay together?

And also... which is more bitter, to be in the 50% of kids raised by married couples who divorce, or be in the group where the parental home situation starts separated and stays that way?

Speaking from experience, having my home split up through divorce as a child was pretty damn "bitter."

I maintain that the "bitter fruit" comment is nothing but a fear tactic, unsupported by data.