"Bitter Fruit"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

"Bitter Fruit"

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Todd Christofferson calls children born out of wedlock: "bitter fruit."
I call this guy everything that the auto block here on Mormon Discussions would delete if I typed it.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_malkie
_Emeritus

Re: "Bitter Fruit"

Post by _malkie »

You can always post in the telestial kingdom
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

malkie wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:59 am
That's what I was thinking. You can also find ways of defeating the autoblocker by being creative. Here is an example:

Tod Christofferson is an A P O S T O L I C pig for the church of Morons. Get your nasty words typed down there so you can see them. You can go on the temple thread and blurt out his secret temple name. That would be a good way to get even.

What's the link to the above complaint about "bad fruit"? That seems like a really crass thing to say. What the hell is wrong with the man? Since when are children bitter fruit? I thought they were the kingdom of heaven and when under age 8 get an automatic ticket to celestial glory. How can an apostle even begin to associate children with "bitter fruit"? Perhaps you read it wrong? Perhaps you have misinterpreted what he said. I find it hard to believe. Please make your case. Thanks.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:18 pm
malkie wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:59 am
That's what I was thinking. You can also find ways of defeating the autoblocker by being creative. Here is an example:

Tod Christofferson is an A P O S T O L I C pig for the church of Morons. Get your nasty words typed down there so you can see them. You can go on the temple thread and blurt out his secret temple name. That would be a good way to get even.

What's the link to the above complaint about "bad fruit"? That seems like a really crass thing to say. What the hell is wrong with the man? Since when are children bitter fruit? I thought they were the kingdom of heaven and when under age 8 get an automatic ticket to celestial glory. How can an apostle even begin to associate children with "bitter fruit"? Perhaps you read it wrong? Perhaps you have misinterpreted what he said. I find it hard to believe. Please make your case. Thanks.
In such a society, “adultery, promiscuity, elective abortion and out-of-wedlock births are but some of the bitter fruits,” he said, “that grow out of the immorality sanctioned by the sexual revolution.”

The consequences that follow work against a healthy society include “growing numbers of children raised in poverty and without the positive influence of fathers, sometimes through multiple generations,” Christofferson said, “women bearing alone what should be shared responsibilities, and seriously deficient education as schools, like other institutions, are tasked to compensate for failure in the home.”
https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/10 ... s-general/
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

adultery, promiscuity, AND A GOD COMING DOWN AND IMPREGNATING A YOUNG LADY WHO BELONGS TO ANOTHER MAN, elective abortion and out-of-wedlock births, are but some of the bitter fruits,” he said, “that grow out of the immorality sanctioned by the sexual revolution.
It seems to me that Elohim is the real culprit, a horny god that can't keep his robe wrapped around his waste. And, it seems, that Jesus is the greatest of all bitter fruits.

How's that for a Shulem twist?

Christofferson is a pompous windbag -- a self-righteous spoiled man full of beams in his eyes. He's just the sort of man I would not want to be around. He's condescending, judgmental, a typical Mormon apostle who helps run the cult today.

:twisted:
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

I wonder how his testing went to come to this conclusion. Did he sample enough people to make his conclusion statistically valid? I wonder if he'll ever produce the results of his findings.

"what's this guy's name? Timmy, huh...hmm...that's sweet. He must have had a mommy and daddy? ah I see, and they were married before he was born? Okay then. No wonder why he's so sweet tasting."

"oh..bitter...this gal is a bitter one. Was she born by parents who weren't married or something? Oh...alright that makes sense. Her parents sinned and she turned out all bitter." Aside he whispers, "she probably followed her parents footsteps and never married, and was a bitter old spinster who thought a woman didn't need a man and all that crap. yep, no wonder."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I'm a bitter fruit and if I been born in Noah's day the Lord would have drowned me in the flood.

Bitter fruit baby. May its bitterness be upon the head of its mama.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

I suppose we should be grateful that Christofferson called such children "bitter fruit" instead of "little bastards."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Bitter fruit for an immoral woman

For of such is NOT the kingdom of God

Mormons only may enter . . . .
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:12 pm
I'm a bitter fruit and if I been born in Noah's day the Lord would have drowned me in the flood.

Bitter fruit baby. May its bitterness be upon the head of its mama.
How could this little boo boo baby, so cute, be anything bitter? Perhaps the bitterness comes from a certain authority figure who sees his authority diminishing as society changes from allowing delusional, controlling church guy to control marriage? What do you say, Dr. P, to having two committed parents who aren't married? What about two same sex parents? What about divorced parents who still co-parent? Or is the traditional Mormon three way marriage (man, woman, and priesthood man lurking in the background) the only marriage that is valid and that doesn't produce bitter fruit?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen