Facsimile 2 - alterations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Facsimile 2 - alterations

Post by _aussieguy55 »

I found examples of Fac 2 are common with the much of the same imagery.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vYq ... Um8lg/edit

Figure 7 appears in all of them and this is the Nehenkau (the dove) who appears in them with legs and a penis offering the wedjat eye to the deity before him. In the sketch part of the body is missing and all one sees is the top and which Smith mistakes for a "dove"

Here is sketch of Fac 2 indicating which parts that are missing. Figure 3 was missing and Smith inserted a figure on a boat from a piece of the Joseph Smith papyri. In normal examples you can see this is a deity on a boat with an insect.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-87 ... Dge0E/edit Down the bottom.

Figures 22 23 are usually figures with multiple heads. Again this is missing in the sketch. The creator of the printing plate inserted a two headed figure.
Have you noticed every block which contains writing but not pictures Smith asserts cannot be read at this time.
This paper deals with the meanings of the figures 2 5 6 & 7.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xoKNOA ... 6eBlG/view
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Facsimile 2 - alterations

Post by _Shulem »

Smith's mutated additions to the Hypocephalus are wanton and atrocious acts of stupidity on his part. Smith didn't know jack about Egyptology -- nor did he understand the nature of the artifacts in which he was mutilating for his own selfish and self-serving purposes.

Joseph Smith was a SON OF A BITCH -- a rotten bastard that in the end got what he deserved! His handling of the papyrus and his interpretations of them are a fricking joke and totally untrue. Only the Mormons today stand by his garbage -- people like John Gee, who doesn't have an honest bone in his body -- a man of lies and deception, the kind of person I would not be in the same room with. He lies and cover things up in order to serve own sick purposes in maintaining his paycheck with BYU and testimony of the bloody Cult of Mormonism.

John Gee, Screw you, you lying sack of crap. You heard me, Screw you!! Your name will ever be associated with lying and deceit when it comes to Egyptology. 50 years from now, you'll be a mere footnote of nasty jokes. I feel sorry for his posterity that will have to bear the brunt of his false Egyptology.

I hate the damned SOB! Bastard.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

aussieguy55, thanks for pointing this out although none of it is new news. The link at bottom for the paper is only good for those who have Google accounts. I don't have one so I can't access it. How about you explain you findings a little more?
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

What upsets me about Smith's handling of the Hypocephalus disked papyrus is that he and his companions undoubtedly reasoned that it was a work of religious art having religious connotations about things believed by the ancient Egyptians. Smith, Cowdery, and those who assisted in that work had to of at least figured that out just by simple observation of the iconographic images and how by the presentation transcended earthly concepts. Duh! Any fool can tell it's religious art. Duh!!

It pisses me off that Smith pretended to be able to interpret the meaning of what some of the writing said. But we know he could NOT translate it and didn't know what it said. Nor could he decipher the true meaning of the persons and things that made up the vignettes. Smith and Cowdery simply made stuff up that sounded high-flown and mysterious -- acting like they could translate by the power of God, which he could NOT!

The cutting and pasting of writing and pictures was an asinine way to approach Egyptology and isn't the proper manner in preserving ancient documents. Smith was a beast -- a brute bastard who took other people's work and polluted it for his own purposes. He was a liar and a cheat. I'm glad they shot him dead at Carthage. For what he did to the press was enough to get any man shot. Had Smith continued his ministry and assumed real power over the American people he might have attempted to usurp the Constitution and change it according to his own inspired will and enforce it with a Mormon run army. Thanks god Smith was shot dead. He was a great threat to everyone not just the papyrus in which he corrupted with his filthy hands.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

The false Explanations of the Facsimiles are no more true than the chapters of the Book of Abraham and the chapters that make up the entire Book of Mormon. All of Smith's works are fraudulent in nature and are not historic or authentic. The works of Mormonism is founded upon lie after lie. That is the foundation of Mormonism -- lying.

Believe me, if Smith had properly or correctly translated the writing of Facsimile No. 2, the Church would have published those findings from the get-go and heralded them as a great demonstration of the Lord's power in working through modern prophets. The Mormons would have hung up the Facsimile and the Explanations on the walls of every visitor's center and be using it as a standard door approach for missionary tracting. The apologists would have gloated long ago IF they had something true to work with. But as it is, apologists are stuck defending things that aren't true as they go merrily on their miserable way of defending their bloody testimonies given by the Spooky Ghost -- the evil lying Spirit of Mormonism.

The Facsimiles are nothing more than an embarrassment for the Church and the Church does not like to discuss it. And so far, the Church hasn't worked up the muster or have the balls to remove them from their pitiful works of canon.

Stupid Mormons.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Joe-Blow Smith pinning the tail on the donkey!

Oh my, Heavenly Father has a BIG ONE! Bigger than Jesus's?

:lol:

Stupid Mormons.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Elder, I'm going to tell these fine folks about Facsimile No. 2 and how Heavenly Father is so well endowed while sitting on his throne.

I wish mine was that big.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Cheap shot

Post by _Shulem »

We have a photo of our well endowed Heavenly Father sitting on his throne as shown in our Egyptian papyrus.

Would you like to see it?

Sisters, please stand back and cover your faces.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

aussieguy55 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:22 pm
Here is sketch of Fac 2 indicating which parts that are missing. Figure 3 was missing and Smith inserted a figure on a boat from a piece of the Joseph Smith papyri. In normal examples you can see this is a deity on a boat with an insect.
Don't forget about former apologist Kerry Shirts who wrote a marvelous article about how Joseph Smith nailed The god of the Hebrews sitting atop a pagan boat of an Egyptian god! Apparently, Bible god wanted to take an idolatrous ride through Egypt's religion.

The Ship, Figure 3, in Facsimile 2 as the Throne of God
Kerry wrote:Joseph Smith was strictly correct in interpreting the ship of the god as God sitting on his throne in the hypocephalus.
Brothers and sisters, you may now take out your idols and worship them.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Joe-blow Smith puts Jesus back in the boat where it belongs!

Yo-ho, Jesus sails again! Ye blasted pirates are going to hell!

The testimony of the the boat cut and pasted into Facsimile No. 2 from an entirely different papyrus is verily true. The Church got it right. The translation is a miracle!

It's a bullseye!