PLEASE MIGRATE TO THE NEW BOARD!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

PLEASE MIGRATE TO THE NEW BOARD!

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

(Dr. Shades here, posting under our "Temp. Admin." account:)

Dear friends,

Due to the ongoing software issues we're all experiencing here, a number of concerned individuals have worked surprisingly hard behind-the-scenes to obtain new server space and install superior software. The idea is to obtain our database of 14+ years' worth of posts in the relatively near future so that nothing is lost, but as it is now glitches and software issues are proliferating so rapidly here that we simply can't wait any longer to make the move.

Therefore, EVERYBODY, please head on over to: Discuss Mormonism

. . . and register an account, preferably with the same username you're using here. (Register ONE account only. And please, don't register a username that someone else is already using here, 'cause I'm the one who has to pay the price as I field the complaint and un-screw the mess, not the victim.)

PLEASE DO NOT START ANY NEW THREADS HERE. PLEASE START ALL NEW THREADS ON THE NEW SITE ONLY.

Now for the finer print: We're hoping to obtain the "Mormon Discussions" domain name at the same time we obtain the database, so with any luck all of our original bookmarks here and elsewhere on the Internet will end up working again.

With respect to all of you, and to all of the time and effort you've put in to make this the superior Mormonism-related forum on the Internet,

--"Dr. Shades"
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: PLEASE MIGRATE TO THE NEW BOARD!

Post by _Shulem »

Oh goody. And it let's us post bigger pictures! Huge pics!

I need to update and make a whole new thread for temple tokens down in the telestial board!

Oh, boy!

:twisted:
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Can't sign in. Do I need a new account? Temp Moksha?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

moksha wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:11 am
Can't sign in. Do I need a new account? Temp Moksha?
Yes, you need to recreate a new account and input your personal stuff in the control panel.

It's a snap! It's as easy as bowing down before a statue of Jesus and worshipping it.

:lol:
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I upgraded from moksha to Moksha.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

moksha wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:01 am
I upgraded from moksha to Moksha.
Capital!
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

The end of Mormon Discussions as we know it. Wow! It will be interesting to see how many of the inhabitants of this board will migrate over to the other. This was one of the ‘stand out’ places on the internet to read/hear differing and interesting viewpoints in regards to all things Mormon. Sorry to see it go.

But who knows, maybe the lamp will be reignited and the denizens of this forum will find a home in hopefully greener pastures where others will visit and/or settle.

My prognostication is, however, that the Mormon Discussions’ lamp may burn out in the process. But we shall see. This place had quite a few folks coming and going. Alas, times change, and people move on.

I enjoyed the experience of posting here and being a part of this community.

I’m sure that there are many, like me, that will look to see what transpires at the new site and then determine whether it’s worth the time to participate. As it is, this forum, as it was, was becoming a bit predictable and drab. As I was wont to say, “Nothing new under the sun.”

I suppose it’s possible that within a new venue with a bit of refurbishing new folks may drop by and decide to stay. My guess is that it won’t be anything like the glory days at this location though.

But I’ve been wrong before, as many here can/will attest. :wink:

Regards,
MG
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:38 pm
The end of Mormon Discussions as we know it. Wow! It will be interesting to see how many of the inhabitants of this board will migrate over to the other. This was one of the ‘stand out’ places on the internet to read/hear differing and interesting viewpoints in regards to all things Mormon. Sorry to see it go.

But who knows, maybe the lamp will be reignited and the denizens of this forum will find a home in hopefully greener pastures where others will visit and/or settle.

My prognostication is, however, that the Mormon Discussions’ lamp may burn out in the process. But we shall see. This place had quite a few folks coming and going. Alas, times change, and people move on.

I enjoyed the experience of posting here and being a part of this community.

I’m sure that there are many, like me, that will look to see what transpires at the new site and then determine whether it’s worth the time to participate. As it is, this forum, as it was, was becoming a bit predictable and drab. As I was wont to say, “Nothing new under the sun.”

I suppose it’s possible that within a new venue with a bit of refurbishing new folks may drop by and decide to stay. My guess is that it won’t be anything like the glory days at this location though.

But I’ve been wrong before, as many here can/will attest. :wink:

Regards,
MG
Try not to shed too many tears, MG. The two boards remain connected and that connection will only grow over time. The new board is designed like the old board, but it is completely functional, and that makes it a lot more attractive and less frustrating. I predict that MDB will reignite at its new home. There are people working behind the scenes to merge the two boards, and that will be the best of both worlds. Instead of salivating over MDB's supposed end, you can participate in its second and more glorious birth over at discussmormonism.com. Everyone is welcome.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 pm
The two boards remain connected and that connection will only grow over time...There are people working behind the scenes to merge the two boards, and that will be the best of both worlds.
The denizen population starts from Scratch (and others), right? All of those that are registered here have to reregister there (so the registered population will go down?). I suppose the ‘diehards’ will do so along with a few lurkers. I would imagine the board will be counting on an influx of newcomers on their way out of the church and looking for a place they can call their own.

Ought to be interesting to see how things evolve. Who knows, maybe there will also be a greater influx of newcomers that have found ways to remain faithful to the teachings of the church while also being well aware of the issues. Truth be told, I was feeling quite alone here...being in that category. And some of them might be much smarter than me. :smile:

Regards,
MG
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:30 pm
The denizen population starts from Scratch (and others), right? All of those that are registered here have to reregister there (so the registered population will go down?). I suppose the ‘diehards’ will do so along with a few lurkers. I would imagine the board will be counting on an influx of newcomers on their way out of the church and looking for a place they can call their own.

Ought to be interesting to see how things evolve. Who knows, maybe there will also be a greater influx of newcomers that have found ways to remain faithful to the teachings of the church while also being well aware of the issues. Truth be told, I was feeling quite alone here...being in that category. And some of them might be much smarter than me. :smile:
MG, you’re part of the family. Don’t stay away. This board always welcomed LDS people, and the new one will continue to do so. It is true that those with fragile testimonies or narrow minds may not do well t/here, but those made of tougher or more resilient stuff will do just fine. Invite your friends. We’ll have a grand old time.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist