Recent changes!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Recent changes!

Post by canpakes »

w00t!!

Nice work, Dr(s). Moore, and Gad! Thank you!
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

This is great news I suppose, but I have to wonder what good it is to have 20 years of backlogged conversations that aren't searchable. I can think of maybe a few threads I'd like to revisit, but I was never able to search them on the old forum because the search engine just flat out sucked, so I saved the url in bookmarks. But those urls are invalid obviously, so now it seems impossible to pin point anything I'd want to look up.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:36 am
This is great news I suppose, but I have to wonder what good it is to have 20 years of backlogged conversations that aren't searchable. I can think of maybe a few threads I'd like to revisit, but I was never able to search them on the old forum because the search engine just flat out sucked, so I saved the url in bookmarks. But those urls are invalid obviously, so now it seems impossible to pin point anything I'd want to look up.
Ahhhhhh....... the glory of research. Ya know, for a small wee fee I will help you find stuff... :lol:
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:36 am
The old material will eventually be re indexed for search.

If you have old links saved in bookmarks, you can easily update those to work in the current board by following steps here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=153982
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Post by Fence Sitter »

I want to add my thanks for this restoration.
I shudder to think how future generations could possibly survive without all the wisdom I have shared here.
Truly we are some made up deity's chosen people.
Gabriel
Deacon

Post by Gabriel »

Thank you for introducing us newbies to some interesting stuff (which I look forward to reading).

Maybe it is still in the works but I noticed that the link to Kishkumen's article appears to be dead. I've checked it a couple of times these past few days. Please disregard if this is all still a work in progress.

Thanks,

Gabriel
Dr Moore

Post by Dr Moore »

Gabriel wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:50 pm
Maybe it is still in the works but I noticed that the link to Kishkumen's article appears to be dead. I've checked it a couple of times these past few days. Please disregard if this is all still a work in progress.
Still some work in progress... old links and search are going to take some time.

To which Kishkumen link are you referring? There are so many good ones!
Gabriel
Deacon

Post by Gabriel »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:52 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:50 pm
Still some work in progress... old links and search are going to take some time.

To which Kishkumen link are you referring? There are so many good ones!
It's on Dr. Shades locked Hall of Fame thread. Can't access the articles from the links posted. Just noticed on another thread that you offered a work around for that. Will give it a shot. Thanks
Dr Moore

Post by Dr Moore »

Gabriel wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:19 pm

It's on Dr. Shades locked Hall of Fame thread. Can't access the articles from the links posted. Just noticed on another thread that you offered a work around for that. Will give it a shot. Thanks
Thanks. Dr. Shades tells me he'll try to update the links in that thread at some point.
Canadiandude2
CTR B

Post by Canadiandude2 »

This is great news. Even if I lack the full understanding of what it means and it’s implications.