Recent changes!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Recent changes!

Post by Shulem »

Yes, this does make up for stock market losses today.

Wonderful news!

Woohoo!

:lol:

Jersey Girl, give Shulem a kiss!

:D

:lol:
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

In case anyone is concerned about privacy or information security...

The script we built to do this migration created an index of old topics and posts. Then it followed a straightforward cross-check algorithm to capture the username of the associated posts, and finally created a standardized entry for that username in this board, defaulting to the "_Kishkumen" naming convention and and "_Emeritus" board rank.

To answer a question that may come up later: it will not be possible to "restore" an old account or "merge" an old user account with a new one. This board does not contain any of that data and recognizes old posts with an inaccessible account, with the exception of Dr. Shades, whose "old" account is also an administrator here. Whenever Dr. Shades decides to pull the final plug on the old site, everything besides what you see here in old topics/posts will go with it.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Amazing!!!! Thanks to both of you. I declare a frabjous day!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

You need to get rid of the OLD announcements that discuss the crash of the old board. They will only serve to confuse new readers:

Helpful hints to "tweak" the board
PROBLEMS WITH THE BOARD? Delete the /phpBB3/ from within the address bar.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:26 pm
Incredible! Satan is truly smiling down on this cesspool of atheism and villainy!
HI DAN!
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Dr Moore wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:27 pm
The real MVP knows who she/he is.
Thanks for the public recognition, Dr Moore - I appreciate it. I usually don't seek tons of attention but it was kind of you to acknowledge what I have done for this entire community. It's probably one of the more heroic and selfless things I have done.

Thanks to those who really do deserve to be thanked.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

HOLY FLIPPIN COW!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Philo Sofee on Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr. Moore and Dean Robbers are shoe-ins for Cassius faculty of the year. The amount of effort they invested into keeping our research database from oblivion is an epic tale that will likely never be told in full.

I am forever grateful, gentlemen.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:49 pm
Sorry for the interruption lately. We've got some good news that will hopefully offset the bad news of the Dow today just a little, it looks like the old database has been restored.

Dr. Moore has saved the day.

I can't say for certain, I'd need to consult the B.H. Robert's Chair, but this is looking like a significant blow to Mopologetics.
Indeed, an enormous debt of gratitude is owed to you and Dr. Moore for this effort! And it *is* a tremendous blow to Mopologetics. Ask think you know, one of the chief ways that the Mopogists, uh, “misrepresent” Cassius scholarship is by refusing to link to this board. Whereas they might have justified this in the past by claiming that the old board was down, now they cannot rely on that excuse.

Well done, in any case!
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:04 am
Dr. Moore and Dean Robbers are shoe-ins for Cassius faculty of the year. The amount of effort they invested into keeping our research database from oblivion is an epic tale that will likely never be told in full.

I am forever grateful, gentlemen.
INDEED!!! Round of applause and two hour standing ovation with shrill whistles, feet stomping, confetti, blaring horns, spinning lights, sirens shrilling into the night, boom, boom base kettle drums, violins, a whole harmonic orchestra and much more! I say bronze statues in front of the front steps to Cassius with laurel wreathes around their heads as champions.