Uh-Oh! RFM Called to the Carpet - LIAR! Logic decimating video!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Uh-Oh! RFM Called to the Carpet - LIAR! Logic decimating video!

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:49 pm
Moksha wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:14 am
What about Kwaku's claim that the best answer to LDS critics is increased Mormon insolence and not reasoned apologetics? Is he right that Mormon insolence causes critics to fall apart?
I think you have something here. If the evidence is not on your side, and the law is not on your side, pound on the table. In this case, punish anyone who gives you the kind of attention and scrutiny you do not want.

DCP was a master of a different version of this: kill the conversation if its logic leads to the wrong place.
Or just ban the posters who offensively ask him clarifying question to which he knows will damn and condemn the church if he is forthright and truthful with the answer. Apologist thrive in the sanctified hollow echoing halls of inbred Mormon academia research and thought. Only apologetic approved sources are allowed. If in agreement, that is discussion. If in disagreement that is banishable. Such a cozy little world of "reality."
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:11 pm
I thought Kwaku acquitted himself reasonably well when he appeared on Mormonism Live last spring.

But this latest series from Midnight Mormons indicates they feel Kwaku did not fare so well and so a hyper-critical response is required.

It is strange that in return for hosting Kwaku and treating him with courtesy and respect, their response is to call me a liar with blood on my hands.

I guess it’s hard to please some people.
Yeah the blood on your hands has me still scratchin my head for sure. In that case, due to Mountain Meadows all Mormons are murderers. Every time a bishop sexually assaults someone, every Mormon is a sex perv for sustaining the local leadership. I mean, that they cannot grasp the problem with this is most telling!
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

That was pathetic and RFM and Bill should be delighted they have to resort to such nonsense.

Skimming the Youtube comments suggests even their fans saw through the ploy. Oops.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:42 pm
That was pathetic and RFM and Bill should be delighted they have to resort to such nonsense.

Skimming the Youtube comments suggests even their fans saw through the ploy. Oops.
Yeah if I was a commenter and I supported their weird thinking, THAT would be totally embarrassing. It does not surprise me at all that their own group is disagreeing with their redneck Mormon thinking.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I've cracked the Midnight Mormon formula:

1) Find a hyperbolic ex-Mormon reddit post from 8 years ago, something like "Mormons have blood on their hands"
2) Pretend to be outraged
3) Turn it around and say actually, it's ex-Mormons that "have blood on their hands."

It's a very nice variation of the playground, "I know I am but what are you?" A real stroke of genius from Cardon.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Is there not even one brave soul from Interpreter willing to defend the faith against amateurs Bill Reel and RFM? They're really putting it all on Cardon and Kwaku?

How about any of these fine gentle folk? Bueller? Bueller...?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (253.11 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I’ll take them all on!

“You mean you’re going to fight one hundred men?”

“Certainly. Tonight, less than a hundred would be far too few!”
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Consig,
I suggest a blanket invitation broadcast to save time. Be sure to list everyone at FAIR, MI, Interpreter, and all who have commented on Sic et Non and Interpreter blogs within the past 12 months.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:00 am
Consig,
I suggest a blanket invitation broadcast to save time. Be sure to list everyone at FAIR, MI, Interpreter, and all who have commented on Sic et Non and Interpreter blogs within the past 12 months.
And mention them all specifically by name so they feel special and invited. That is a great idea.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I will close by reading the Provo phone book just to make sure no apologist is overlooked.