Uh-Oh! RFM Called to the Carpet - LIAR! Logic decimating video!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
jlamothe
Star A

Re: Uh-Oh! RFM Called to the Carpet - LIAR! Logic decimating video!

Post by jlamothe »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:18 pm
Consig, have you posted your Facebook response to Cardon and his merry band here yet? That was a masterful deconstruction. They accused you of one lie, and you showed quite plainly that they lied 3 times in the process of supporting that accusation.
First rule of apologetics: discard any fact that is not helpful to your case
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Well here it is.
“RFM” wrote:
MY RESPONSE TO MIDNIGHT Mormons

Some have asked me for my response to the claim made by Cardon Ellis on a recent Midnight Mormons podcast that I am a liar.

Here it is.

1. Cardon Ellis plays a clip from our Mormonism Live interview with Kwaku El in which I compliment Kwaku El by saying that, to my knowledge, he is the only apologist with guts enough to publicly debate Mormonism.

2. Cardon Ellis somehow manages to twist this into a claim that I had personally contacted all apologists and asked them to come on the show and they refused.

3. Cardon Ellis then says I am a liar because I didn't ask him to come on the show, and I didn't ask Brad Witbeck to come on the show. (A little Kwaku envy may be on display at this point.)

4. Cardon Ellis then places three "live" phone calls to three other apologists to ask them the same question. Although it may seem a pointless endeavor to prove I never did something I never claimed to have done, the results of these phone calls are illuminating.

5. The first call goes to John Lynch of FAIR. Although the calls are "jump edited" in places so we cannot hear the entire conversation, John Lynch appears to admit he was asked by Bill Reel around six years ago to come on his show. And obviously John Lynch refused. How do I know this? Because John Lynch never came on Bill Reel's show!

6. Cardon Ellis next calls Stephen Smoot, who says he hasn't been invited during the years 2020 and 2021. Stephen Smoot is careful to make this distinction, because he knows that Bill Reel invited him on the air in late 2018. And guess what? Stephen Smoot refused! (Stephen Smoot knows we can prove this because both the invitation and Stephen Smoot's refusal happened on Bill Reel's Facebook page. It is unlikely Stephen Smoot has forgotten this exchange, inasmuch as this is where he got his new nickname.)

7. The third call is made to Scott Gordon of FAIR, whom the Back Yard Professor tells me is not really an apologist but more of a manager. And the Back Yard Professor ought to know since he was one of FAIR's founding members. Regardless, Cardon Ellis for some reason only asks Scott Gordon if he was contacted "during the month of April 2021" to come on the show, to which Scott Gordon says no. (It may be that the first two phone calls taught Cardon Ellis that he needed to limit the scope of his question to the month of April, 2021, to avoid eliciting the answer that they were asked at some point prior to that, but refused. Indeed, this seems to be exactly what happened with the first two phone calls to John Lynch and Stephen Smoot; hence the severe editing.)

8. Is Cardon Ellis really suggesting that an apologist who has refused an invitation to come on the show must be continuously invited every month thereafter in order for it to be somehow valid? Or are we supposed to continue to invite apologists on the show who have already refused? That would seem somewhat discourteous if not harassment.

9. I was struck by the fact that Cardon Ellis at no time asked any of the people he called if they would be willing to come on the show to talk publicly about Mormonism. But I think we all know the reason for his not doing so. Because they refuse to do it!

10. Finally, Cardon Ellis claimed that he would most definitely talk about Mormonism with Bill Reel and me. I believe his exact words were, "any time, any place." So here is my response to Cardon Ellis. The time is Wednesday at 6:20 p.m. Mountain Time. The place is Mormonism Live. I am calling you out, Mr. Ellis. Put up or shut up. You can respond in the comment section of this thread, if you like. Or if you want to talk to me personally, Kwaku El has my cell number. I'm sure he won't mind giving it to you.

I await your response.

--Radio Free Mormon
Crickets thus far from the 3 midnight stooges.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Lol. The great thing about this is they complained RFM lied about apologists refusing to debate. Even if they show up, like Kwaku, there'll have to be an agreement not to get into debate topics, I'm sure. I thought the idea behind the whole compliment was that Kwaku had debated people publicly, not that he was going to debate RFM and Bill. That'd been a severe beatdown. This Cardon character would fare far worse, I'm guessing (don't know the guy other than a few clips here or there, but he seems less informed than Kwaku).
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I can’t imagine what a train wreck an episode with Cardon would be. He would just spout right wing talking points.

We could make it a fun drinking game every time Cardon mentions:

Trump
Social justice warriors
Exmormon Reddit
Snowflakes
Religious Freedom
Ivermectin
Hate crimes
Atheism
Public school system
Liberal agenda
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:42 pm
I can’t imagine what a train wreck an episode with Cardon would be. He would just spout right wing talking points.

We could make it a fun drinking game every time Cardon mentions:

Trump
Social justice warriors
Exmormon Reddit
Snowflakes
Religious Freedom
Ivermectin
Hate crimes
Atheism
Public school system
Liberal agenda
Hold on... I gotta stock up on some Ale..... :D
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Any word on a MormonsimLive and Midnight Mormon crossover episode? Or still crickets from Cardon "knife on a plane" Ellis?
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kukulkan wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:15 am
Any word on a MormonsimLive and Midnight Mormon crossover episode? Or still crickets from Cardon "knife on a plane" Ellis?
Cardon Ellis is like your typical General Authority, all talk, no do.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

jlamothe wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:00 pm
He did drop the gauntlet himself after all. ;)
Was it a gauntlet or a bar of soap?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace