Garment Doctrine/Practice Changes on the Horizon?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Analytics
Elder

Garment Doctrine/Practice Changes on the Horizon?

Post by Analytics »

A few years ago, some rumors went around that they were surveying members of the Church about what they liked and didn't like about temple worship. In response, they made several changes to the temple experience to make it less disagreeable.

Now, I've heard a credible rumor that the church is surveying millennials and Generation Z about garments. Questions include asking how much they like them or don't like them, and whether they think they are weird.

I wonder where this will go. Will they be redesigned to be more comfortable? Made optional? Done away with entirely?
drumdude
God

Re: Garment Doctrine/Practice Changes on the Horizon?

Post by drumdude »

Is it still Mormonism if everything Mormon is stripped away and it becomes just a highly centralized evangelical religion?
kairos
CTR B

Post by kairos »

Really a survey question?: “Do you think or feel that the temple garments male or female are weird?”
If so in what what way or form do you feel the garments are “weird”? Please explain in detail!
I wonder how an apostle versus the widow from Parowan or
an RM would answer that survey question.

Another survey possible survey question I would like to see :”Do think the temple garments should be fully described to a member before he/she goes in for the endowment ceremony?”
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Analytics
A few years ago, some rumors went around that they were surveying members of the Church about what they liked and didn't like about temple worship. In response, they made several changes to the temple experience to make it less disagreeable.
If they were to do this with scriptures and General Conference and church lessons, and necessity of tithing now that they can make tens of billions every quarter of a year through investments, they could once again begin to grow by leaps and bounds... I'm just sayin.... now that the "democratic" public after all appears to becoming more relevant, Mormonism could actually save itself from its own leaders.