FAIRMormon Open House in 3 hours

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

FAIRMormon Open House in 3 hours

Post by drumdude »

Daniel C Peterson wrote:Interpreter’s sister organization FAIR has opened up an office for the first time
— at 377 East 60 South in American Fork — and all are invited to an open house
for it tonight. (Sorry I’m so late in calling public attention to the event;
I’ve been busy and I wasn’t clear for a while whether it was fully public or merely for
selected invitees.) I hope to go myself; I’ve been involved with FAIR since just
after its founding. I would be happy to meet you there.
I’m very pleased that FAIR is now in a position to take this step.
Anyone here in the area able to make a visit on such short notice?
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (63.61 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
Moksha
God

Re: FAIRMormon Open House in 3 hours

Post by Moksha »

They have to be selective as to who attends or else tens of thousands would try to crowd into that office and devour both the fancy donuts and the bottles of Big K Lemon-Lime soda.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

Unfortunately, I can't make it as I will be dining tonight with friends at the City Cafe (formerly the Satisfied Ewe Cafe) in Ephraim. The place dishes up the best biscuits and gravy, chicken fried steak, patty melt, and liver and onions in Sanpete County.

I would note that the conference program for the recent FAIR conference indicated that FAIR was "in the process of obtaining office space to host service missionaries to help us with our 10000+ page Website.” I wonder how many service missionaries will be working for FAIR. I've heard numbers ranging between 12 and 144,000.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

It looks like things got a little rowdy and out of control at the open house.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:09 pm
Daniel C Peterson wrote:Interpreter’s sister organization FAIR has opened up an office for the first time
— at 377 East 60 South in American Fork — and all are invited to an open house
for it tonight. (Sorry I’m so late in calling public attention to the event;
I’ve been busy and I wasn’t clear for a while whether it was fully public or merely for
selected invitees.) I hope to go myself; I’ve been involved with FAIR since just
after its founding. I would be happy to meet you there.
I’m very pleased that FAIR is now in a position to take this step.

Thanks for that! I may try and make it over there. Not far from where we live.

Especially if there are free donuts.

Regards,
MG
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Tom wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:32 pm
Unfortunately, I can't make it as I will be dining tonight with friends at the City Cafe (formerly the Satisfied Ewe Cafe) in Ephraim. The place dishes up the best biscuits and gravy, chicken fried steak, patty melt, and liver and onions in Sanpete County.

I would note that the conference program for the recent FAIR conference indicated that FAIR was "in the process of obtaining office space to host service missionaries to help us with our 10000+ page Website.” I wonder how many service missionaries will be working for FAIR. I've heard numbers ranging between 12 and 144,000.
Is Will Schryver planning to join you to place the order in a foreign language?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:14 pm
drumdude wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:09 pm

Regards,
MG
Let us know how it goes!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:26 pm
Maybe he will encounter another “randy waitress” to write a song about.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:26 pm
Tom wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:32 pm

If he can speak Danish, I’ll bet he’ll enjoy speaking to and placing an order with Freja, a server at the cafe. Freja loves to debate Geopolitics - History, Empires, and War - Macroeconomics and Markets - Data Analytics - COVID-19 - Solar Eclipses.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:36 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:14 pm

Regards,
MG
Let us know how it goes!
It was actually kind of fun. Good folks. Nice digs, but not extravagant by any means. I enjoyed meeting John Gee, Dan Peterson, Scott Gordon, and others. Again, nice people, down to earth, and enjoyable to talk with. This will be a nice facility for the FAIR folks to work out of.

Regards,
MG