Examples of DCP's Plagiarism for Sledge

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Examples of DCP's Plagiarism for Sledge

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Sledge has asked more than once for examples of DCP's plagiarism.

Sledge, here are 54 pages of examples. Let me know what you think:

viewtopic.php?t=147236
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Examples of DCP's Plagiarism for Sledge

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Nice. On a related note (because it’s referenced in the linked thread), anyone else notice Peterson’s many, many, many references to “manuscripts” has virtually ended now that he crossed on the career finish line running on fumes? I guess he doesn’t have to pretend to be writing those unfinished books he promised to deliver to BYU while on sabbatical, huh?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:00 am
Nice. On a related note (because it’s referenced in the linked thread), anyone else notice Peterson’s many, many, many references to “manuscripts” has virtually ended now that he crossed on the career finish line running on fumes? I guess he doesn’t have to pretend to be writing those unfinished books he promised to deliver to BYU while on sabbatical, huh?

- Doc
:lol:
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Bump for Sledge.

Sledge, let me know what you think.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:29 pm
Bump for Sledge.

Sledge, let me know what you think.
by the way, it’s no accident DCP made a post about writing books, and justifying why he won’t actually produce one. He saw this thread and felt the need to justify himself to this board.

He’s a weird dude.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I don't think Sledge comes around here anymore.

This place isn't good for maintaining your testimony in the Lord and Savior Joseph Smith.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

”peterson” wrote: TS: "You had mentioned that each blog entry requires about 1,000 words to produce."

Patheos likes blog entries to be at least 400 words in length -- I do those occasionally -- but prefers 1000-2000 words. Since I've been posting at least one entry daily, I've opted for the lower end of that range as my goal.

TS: "I've done some back-of-the-napkin calculations and it looks like that in this post, you have written approximately 30% of the text while 70% is copied and pasted from elsewhere."

And I hope to do more such posts. But things will vary.
Emphasis Peterson’s.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

SLEDGE

Ya gonna comment on this thread, or keep running away with your tail tucked between your legs?

- Doc
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Sledge's profile says he hasn't logged in since Sept. 15, 2021.

I guess his plot to gain mod credentials failed, so he's gone off to work his scheme elsewhere.

Dude creeps me out.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Dr Moore wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 pm
Dude creeps me out.
Ditto.