Currently serving Apostle set to become $Billionaire

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Red Ryder
Nursery

Re: Currently serving Apostle set to become $Billionaire

Post by Red Ryder »

Any concern Ensign Peak Advisors may have accumulated an investment in pre IPO shares through a few rounds of venture funding? Perhaps to the tune of $53 million (no correlation to the loan forgiveness, pure coincidence) or received some insider information to bolster any investment?
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

Does anyone doubt that this guy has received his 2nd anointing?
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

I hate iFit with a passion. It owns or controls Nordik Track.

I bought a very expensive exercise bike -- a Peloton competitor. When it arrived it wouldn't connect with the Ifit software and the bike's pedals had bad bearings. I exercised my 30-day guarantee rights and they told me they'd get back to me; they were too busy.

Forty-five days later they refused to honor the 30 day guarantee. Because they didn't get back to me in time. Such vapid crooks. I wanted to sue but I have made a vow not to sue for personal matters so I don't. I gave it away; lost a couple of thou.
Equality
CTR B

Post by Equality »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:58 pm
I hate iFit with a passion. It owns or controls Nordik Track.

I bought a very expensive exercise bike -- a Peloton competitor. When it arrived it wouldn't connect with the Ifit software and the bike's pedals had bad bearings. I exercised my 30-day guarantee rights and they told me they'd get back to me; they were too busy.

Forty-five days later they refused to honor the 30 day guarantee. Because they didn't get back to me in time. Such vapid crooks. I wanted to sue but I have made a vow not to sue for personal matters so I don't. I gave it away; lost a couple of thou.
From defrauding bumpkin farmers to bilking sophisticated lawyers in just 200 years. Mormonism sure is impressive!
Fred_VII
Nursery

Post by Fred_VII »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:03 pm
I wonder how billionaire Elder Gary E $tevenson interprets this teaching…
23 ¶ Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mathew 19
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 9?lang=eng
But what if the camel had its second anointing?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Fred_VII wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:14 am
But what if the camel had its second anointing?
That is an excellent theological question. Even better, what if the camel chose to exercise its allowed indulgences?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:37 pm
Any concern Ensign Peak Advisors may have accumulated an investment in pre IPO shares through a few rounds of venture funding? Perhaps to the tune of $53 million (no correlation to the loan forgiveness, pure coincidence) or received some insider information to bolster any investment?
I think it would be interesting to see if EPA invests in companies with which Apostles and General Authorities have a vested interest. But the Church will do whatever it can to hide such information. I’m sure they’re smart enough to launder invest donated funds into those types of businesses where an obvious conflict of interest exists by using a vehicle that isn’t required to disclose it’s goings on to the public.

Gary E. $tevenson is proof positive that Apostles aren’t these humble men, sacrificing worldly wealth so they can serve full time.

I wonder if Billionaire Gary was listening to his colleagues talk at the recent conference…
The scriptures speak of a rich young ruler who ran to Jesus, knelt at His feet, and, with genuine sincerity, asked the Master, “What shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?” After reviewing a long list of commandments this fellow had faithfully kept, Jesus told the man to sell all his belongings, give the proceeds to the poor, take up his cross, and follow Him. The boldness of this directive caused the young ruler—in spite of his expensive sandals—to get cold feet, and he went away sorrowing because, the scripture says, “he had great possessions.”1
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... d?lang=eng

Will Gary be selling his shares and donating all the proceeds to LDS Charities as Holland and Jesus suggest?
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Back in January 2017 Eyrings’ church pay stub leaked online. This was the church’s statement on the matter…
LDS Church spokesman Eric Hawkins declined to confirm the salary numbers Monday, while defending the payment of full-time ecclesiastical leaders.
"General authorities leave their careers when they are called into full-time church service," Hawkins said in a statement. "When they do so, they focus all of their time on serving the church and are given a living allowance. The living allowance is uniform for all general authorities [including First Presidency, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, First and Second Quorums of the Seventy and Presiding Bishopric]."
https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php? ... type=CMSID

Eric clearly wasn’t telling the whole truth when he said “General authorities leave their careers…” and “they focus all of their time on serving the church…”. They may leave full time employment behind, but Billionaire Gary shows us they don’t leave behind the trappings and earnings and their positions on boards etc. Not only that, Mr Hawkins makes it clear that Billionaire Gary has been drawing the same living allowance as all the other General Authorities, despite his own personal wealth.

I think the argument that General Authorities receive a living allowance because they work full time for the Church, and Ward Bishops for example don’t because they only serve part time has been rendered null and void by these financial disclosures about Billionaire Gary.
Alongside his knowledge, experience and sense of continuity with iFIT and its industry, Stevenson is touted in company filings for his “leadership in global organizations.” Some of his ecclesiastical labors as an apostle and his affiliations with other institutions are also listed as qualifications for serving on iFIT’s new board.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... ar-AAPqdoi
This makes it clear that Billionaire Gary and iFIT have used Billionaire Gary’s Church Service as an Apostle in their for-profit financial promotion of the company.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

The story I heard about the founding of ICON was Stevenson and Watterson determined if the average piece of home fitness equipment was used for 30 days and then became a dust collector, they just needed to make fitness equipment that would last 31 days. Quality and ICON were never synonymous, by original intent.

So one of those two guys is now a leader of the Mormon church?

Huh.
kairos
CTR B

Post by kairos »

Whoa! Like the original 12 : envy of each other to determine who is the greatest among the apostles now seems to give apostle billionaire Stevenson the edge. Of course Wendy might want to weigh in that Rusty is Corporation Sole and owns all things LDS.
Check out the apostles countenances and look for shades of green!
Just sayin’
k