The best posts from Dan Peterson in this forum

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
mcjathan
Nursery

Re: The best posts from Dan Peterson in this forum

Post by mcjathan »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:37 am
drumdude wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 pm
Dan on Horses in Book of Mormon
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102694&start=40
Dan's contention, that the Book of Mormon horses all died from Tapiritis, has yet to be refuted.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:37 am
drumdude wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 pm
Dan on Horses in Book of Mormon
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102694&start=40
Dan's contention, that the Book of Mormon horses all died from Tapiritis, has yet to be refuted.
This could have lead to Llamageddon!

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

A few good points from Dr. Peterson circa 2008:
Peterson wrote:I haven't met him (Tal Bachman).

I have no reason to believe him to be a sociopath, and certainly haven't called him one.

I have this funny notion that one should be very reluctant to form serious judgments about someone's personality without knowing him or even having met him -- certainly not on the basis of message board posts! -- and that one should be even more reluctant to publish such judgments.
Peterson wrote:Just out of curiosity, what is it that compels you to personally judge people you don't know, and to publicly post your irrelevant judgments about them?
Peterson wrote:I'm rather surprised, though, that an active member of the Church would take it upon himself to declare public judgment about the personality of a person he's never met.
Peterson wrote:Can you give examples where I've taken it upon myself to pronounce public judgment here on the off-line personalities of posters I've never met?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105684