Shoutouts to Shulem and Consiglieri and Dr. Shades

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Shoutouts to Shulem and Consiglieri and Dr. Shades

Post by Philo Sofee »

Yeah, do you love me? You love me and you know it, stop denying it. I edited my new video last night but it still has to process and get uploaded tonight. I'm doing it on Facsimile 3 from a new angle with a new apologetic source, Terryl Givens "The Pearl of Greatest Price." In it I discuss some issues Shulem has talked about and Consig and mentioned Dr. Shades message board here so folks will come over here and read Shulem's materials and find Consig's podcasts etc. I made it late as I got a wild hair up my nose and turned on the camera and started talkin! So this is just to let you all know tonight you get a treat... Friday night treats... can it possibly get better than that? I also mentioned how many skillful, wonderful, intelligent people are here ready and willing to talk issues so the whole group gets a group hug as well. I mean... hey... comeon... that's what friends are for. :D
Shulem
God

Re: Shoutouts to Shulem and Consiglieri and Dr. Shades

Post by Shulem »

Woohoo, I'm excited about your Friday night video and just in time to start the weekend, I hope. Yes indeed, the Facsimile No. 3 is key to showcasing the Book of Abraham debacle. I've been saying that for a long time, many years, on this message board. I'm a former Book of Abraham apologist who is familiar with all things pertaining to this subject and I can tell you that everything hangs on Facsimile No. 3 and that is the monster under the bed.

Do please check out the latest Book of Abraham threads up in the Celestial Forum and educate yourself as I make every attempt to keep things simple and in perspective without overcomplicating things. You don't have to be an expert to follow along. You don't have know a lot about Egypt. My presentations up in the Celestial Forum are a fresh new attempt to bring traffic to this board and educate as many people who are willing to learn and know more. I do believe that these respectful and friendly discussions will help a great many people.

“King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

Jeff Lindsay praises John Gee's book “Introduction to the Book of Abraham” as a tool to save his testimony

Also, I recommend these scholarly threads which have an interesting approach on other fascinating subjects:

Fictitious Priesthood Ordination Ages of the Patriarchs NOW Exposed!

“I, Nephi, did build a temple; and I did construct it after the manner of the temple of Solomon”

600 Years in The Book of Mormon

Book of Mormon Original Manuscript
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:30 pm
Friday night treats...

Where's my promised Halloween trick or treat? I'll have to settle for Buffy the Vampire Slayer until you come through, Philo.

I want my treat and I want it NOW!

Give it to me!

:lol:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:00 am
Where's my promised Halloween trick or treat? I'll have to settle for Buffy the Vampire Slayer until you come through, Philo.
Have you watched the Squid Games? There are many parallels to LDS apologetics, yet it is much more polished.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:00 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:30 pm
Friday night treats...

I want my treat and I want it NOW!

Give it to me!

Better late than never...
https://youtu.be/QJNzvk9Qji0
hauslern
Bishop

Post by hauslern »

Good discussion of Facsimile 3.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

hauslern wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:22 am
Thanks. I noticed you had concerns about your comments being eliminated? I didn't do that, I will check and see what happened. Perhaps they got put in the cue because you made more than one? I don't know, I will check. I don't edit or censor comments unless they are those stupid links to smut that go around... Everyone can comment on my videos, pro, con, liked, didn't like and why, etc. They can even call me names, I don't censor the comments.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

That was a sheer delight! It was both a Halloween trick & treat, but an honest trick in showing how the apologists are the ones doing the real tricking! This podcast really resonated with me and in more ways than one -- thanks for the plug and the recognition of my long standing hard work of trying to get these particulars out in the forefront where they can be fully analyzed and examined under a magnifying glass without all the other distractions apologists love to throw into the mix to get us to take our "eyes of the prize".

Well done. I'll have to post a link up in Celestial Forum thread. You never can tell, we may be visited by apologetic dignitaries because of the nature of the Celestial Forum and the strict rules of being respectful and civil -- and that forum is heavily moderated both by moderators and posters. It is not a sty! I for one would not tolerate any inappropriate behavior let along from myself. It really is a place where anyone and everyone can come and weigh in on the subject matter at hand: That pesky writing above the head and hands! The apologists don't want to take us on. We here at Discuss Mormonism are the foremost experts and most capable scholars who refute the apologists and all that baggage they carry. I don't mean to brag but I'm simply saying that this board *IS* their worst nightmare in defending the Book of Abraham. They are not going to be able to pull their tricks on us because we can see them and define them as they do them and catch the magician in the act. Isn't that right, RFM? Where the hell is RFM when you need him? lol :lol:

Anyway, well done, and I'm giving it a second listen today, for sure. It's on pause right now.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:31 pm
hauslern wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:22 am
Thanks. I noticed you had concerns about your comments being eliminated? I didn't do that, I will check and see what happened. Perhaps they got put in the cue because you made more than one? I don't know, I will check. I don't edit or censor comments unless they are those stupid links to smut that go around... Everyone can comment on my videos, pro, con, liked, didn't like and why, etc. They can even call me names, I don't censor the comments.

I'd comment but I don't have a YouTube account because I'm too lazy to make one and keep track of another freaking password.

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:04 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:31 pm

I'd comment but I don't have a YouTube account because I'm too lazy to make one and keep track of another freaking password.

I know the feeling, but at least you get to enjoy the videos! Can't you comment as a guest or something? Just curious.