DCP, Science, and the decay of Mopologtics.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: DCP, Science, and the decay of Mopologtics.

Post by Kishkumen »

When the president of the LDS Church denies human evolution, what does it matter what DCP believes?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:00 am
When the president of the LDS Church denies human evolution, what does it matter what DCP believes?
Now that's the $1,000,000,000 question! Where has Nelson actually denied evolution Kish? That would be a video from me right there. This would be important to keep in front of people's minds and eyes.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

https://bycommonconsent.com/2007/05/20/ ... evolution/
Forum: The church has said it neither promotes nor opposes capital punishment. It says it “opposes elective abortion for personal or social convenience.” It does not oppose removing a medical patient from “artificial means of life support.” Different denominations deal differently with questions about life’s origins and development. Conservative denominations tend to have more trouble with Darwinian evolution. Does the church have an official position on this topic?

Nelson: We believe that God is our creator and that he has created other forms of life. It’s interesting to me, drawing on my 40 years experience as a medical doctor, how similar those species are. We developed open-heart surgery, for example, experimenting on lower animals simply because the same creator made the human being. We owe a lot to those lower species. But to think that man evolved from one species to another is, to me, incomprehensible.

Forum: Why is that?

Nelson: Man has always been man. Dogs have always been dogs. Monkeys have always been monkeys. It’s just the way genetics works.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

What a profoundly ignorant statement by Rusty.

Great find.
Canadiandude2
CTR B

Post by Canadiandude2 »

Yeah, that right there is a gem of a quote!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

DrStakhanovite wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:23 pm

I can't locate that quote from Russell in my copy of his book, and frankly it does not sound like the kind of thing he would have written.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.