And it came to pass that Ishmael died, and was buried in the place which was called Nahom

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: And it came to pass that Ishmael died, and was buried in the place which was called Nahom

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The links embedded inside the linked post here:
are coming up with blurry images for me. Is there a way to open the imgur links that will show a clear screenshot?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
malkie
God

Re: And it came to pass that Ishmael died, and was buried in the place which was called Nahom

Post by malkie »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:09 am
The links embedded inside the linked post here:
are coming up with blurry images for me. Is there a way to open the imgur links that will show a clear screenshot?

- Doc
If you copy each image from imgur and paste it into a graphic viewer/editor - e.g., GIMP (multiplatform) or IrfanView, or paint.net (Windows) - it can be scaled up to make it legible.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It's been nearly 5 years since that Mic Drop knockout punch against Nahom. Has interpreter responded? Let's see:

https://interpreterfoundation.org/?s=nahom

Nope. Crickets. Until today, with this Ishmael article that simply assumes the Nahom argument without justification against this new criticism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:18 am
Nahom, a Book of Mormon name derived probably from the Biblical prophet Nahum. This seems like the most probable explanation given how the Book of Mormon is Bible fan fiction.
Yes is very likely the case. Smith didn't need a map.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:30 am
If only apologists had someone trained in Arabic to avoid this embarrassment by an amateur. It’s a shame DCP was too busy with his blog to do any actual preemptive research on the Nhm hypothesis 🧐
Your team needs more people trained in confirmation bias and statistical analysis. See what Dr Exiled points out.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:01 am
drumdude wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:30 am
If only apologists had someone trained in Arabic to avoid this embarrassment by an amateur. It’s a shame DCP was too busy with his blog to do any actual preemptive research on the Nhm hypothesis 🧐
Your team needs more people trained in confirmation bias and statistical analysis. See what Dr Exiled points out.
I don't follow you line of thinking here, could you clarify?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:02 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:01 am

I don't follow you line of thinking here, could you clarify?
Forgive me, I thought you were someone else because Philo Sofee asked you "Is that YOU Dan?".
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

And I thought you were being sarcastic.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

:lol:

This would all be so much easier if Dan would just come back here so we don't have to address him in this ridiculous way!
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:23 am
This is singularly the most massive wipe out, the nuclear clearing of Mormon apologetics on Nahom anywhere in print. THANKS for that link man!!!
Can you do a video about that?