Book of Abraham Facsimile 3 Video Answering Terryl Givens

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Book of Abraham Facsimile 3 Video Answering Terryl Givens

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://youtu.be/QJNzvk9Qji0

My new video where in I discuss Terryl Givens recent 2019 book "The Pearl of Greatest Price, Mormonism's Most Controversial Scripture." I use Shulem, RFM and Bill Reel, and, of course, myself to demonstrate that, yes, once again, Mopologists manipulate and are deceptive when it comes to Joseph Smith and the Book of Abraham.
Shulem
God

Re: Book of Abraham Facsimile 3 Video Answering Terryl Givens

Post by Shulem »

EXTRA!
EXTRA!

READ ALL ABOUT IT

BACKYARD PROFESSOR EXTOLLS GIVENS' GREATNESS

Backyard Professor wrote:Terryl Givens, this one (holds up the book) is his book "The Pearl of Greatest Price, Mormonism's Most Controversial Scripture", now this one he wrote with Brian M. Hauglid and I believe this is Oxford University Press, again, Oxford really likes publishing Givens and Givens is finally starting to put some Mormon apologetic material in with the scholarly publishers, university presses which is really impressive . . . he's published way more than I ever will, he's vastly more accomplished in the scholarly field I think than I will ever become, so I mean, give the man credit where credit is due.

Hey Philo,

Ur not admitting that Terryl knows more about the Book of Abraham than you do, right?

:lol:
Shulem
God

Re: Book of Abraham Facsimile 3 Video Answering Terryl Givens

Post by Shulem »

Backyard Professor wrote: . . . none of that is relevant, Jon Gee is just simply trying to take our eye off of what Joseph Smith himself:

1) thought
2) taught
3) said
4) proclaimed
5) and translated.

Indeed, John Gee uses every trick in a liar's book to distract his readers from understanding the plain and simple point that Joseph Smith mistranslated the Egyptian hieroglyphs. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Smith couldn't translate Egyptian and John Gee knows it but he is in effect lying through his apologetic trickery. The man is addicted to lying when it comes to the Book of Abraham and he is not to be trusted with anything on that subject. John Gee's apologetic career with the Book of Abraham is over and if he doesn't think so then you send him to Discuss Mormonism and tell him to talk to Shulem and I'll set him straight (no pun intended).

Like you said, it's over, the war is over. The apologists have lost. Smith screwed up and we have caught him in the act.