RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

Post by Dr Moore »

The one thing I learned tonight: Kwaku is a dick. A mean, actually sadistic dick.
Last edited by Dr Moore on Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

It was okay. I think RFM held his own and did a good job handling those clowns. Other than that, I'll leave it at that.

Bottom line:

It deserves a donation to Mormonism Live. I will make a donation as soon as I get a round to it.
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

I created a profile after nearly 10 years away and not thinking about Mormonism for 5+ years and not knowing anything about either of these two podcasts before 24-72 hours ago and never watching anything except this debate to say I thought Cardon was going to be the biggest dick. I was so wrong.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Bond wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:32 am
I created a profile after nearly 10 years away and not thinking about Mormonism for 5+ years and not knowing anything about either of these two podcasts before 24-72 hours ago and never watching anything except this debate to say I thought Cardon was going to be the biggest dick. I was so wrong.
Bond????
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

Vegas Bright?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Pok?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Tim
Star A

Post by Tim »

A friend on Facebook referred to MM as Nickelodeon Apologetics.

Looking forward to listening to the whole thing.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:36 am
It's interesting hearing the Midnight Mormons essentially reduce Mormonism to just the correct side in their hypothetical culture war.

They've completely ignored Mormonism's truth claims and focused entirely on Mormonism's conservatism, anti-liberalism, anti-abortionism, ect.
Honestly, I wasn't surprised by this. Mormonism, as traditionally taught, is more easily disproven than proven. To believe in it in the present moment is more an act of identity than an act of reason.

I have to wonder also if they devised that appeal to Republican loyalty as an effort to pander to the crowd, which they supposed might be dominated by white evangelicals.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Back at my hotel room and so pleased my good friends here watched the show.

I think the reason I showed some anger at one point in the debate is because I looked down and to my left and Bill’s wife was so upset at what they were saying about him that she was in tears. Bill was trying to console her.

I just want all of you to know how much I value your friendship and support.

I think I might have changed 10% if given a second chance. But I think the other 90% was acceptable to me.

And I am usually my own worst critic.

So glad my comment in the group hug at the end came through loud and clear!
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

RFM, you were greeeeat!

If someone was scoring, you won by a country mile.

I feel like I know MM better. I mean I had no idea that Brad was up for some polygamy, he's a good looking chap, I'm sure there will be plenty of suitors. Kwaku was spouting all types of irrelevant crap while at the same time trying to sound relevant to the discussion. His logic was all over the place.

I really don't know why they were involving Bill Reel? Do you think they know that you existed before Mormonism Live?