RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

Post by MG 2.0 »

Tator wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:59 pm
PS I keep getting prouder and prouder of Marcus, his last post was sweet.
Yeah. Sweet.

Regards,
MG
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

RFM and his side want to outlaw the worship of Talos without telling us which of the other eight Divines we should turn to; they should speak up when they get through burning down LDS chapels and Oblivion Gates.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

At one point in the debate, Cardon was defending the TITS videos. If I heard correctly, he said that he had gotten the rights to those videos and would be editing and rereleasing them. Wouldn’t that be equivalent to admitting that FAIR threw them away? Did Cardon buy the rights? How much?

This is actually a very interesting, and potentially dangerous (if Cardon delivers on the edit and rerelease plan), development. The world doesn’t need those gross steamers back in the wild.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:40 pm
At one point in the debate, Cardon was defending the TITS videos. If I heard correctly, he said that he had gotten the rights to those videos and would be editing and rereleasing them. Wouldn’t that be equivalent to admitting that FAIR threw them away? Did Cardon buy the rights? How much?

This is actually a very interesting, and potentially dangerous (if Cardon delivers on the edit and rerelease plan), development. The world doesn’t need those gross steamers back in the wild.
I mean.... truly.....if that's all they can produce...... :roll:
master_dc
Star B

Post by master_dc »

We will soon be approaching the 1 year anniversary of this event.

Did this debate change anything in world of Mormonism? It is interesting to me to see that Consig and Co are still on point and creating fresh content that matches their brand. Whereas Midnight (Strikethrough) Mormons have really gone down this weird rabbit hole of not really focusing on apologetics, but really pushing to be the "Bros" of Mormonism. It feels like they are wanting the church to return to its 1830's-40s roots.
Last edited by master_dc on Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Yes indeed, master_dc. As prophesied, that one debate rendered the MM's permanently inert. Not that the process wasn't well underway -- it certainly was, following the TITS fiasco -- but RFM's wit and restraint served as the final catalyst.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

If nothing else came from this debate, I am so pleased that it led directly to the resurgence of the Backyard Professor and to his new podcast!
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:28 pm
If nothing else came from this debate, I am so pleased that it led directly to the resurgence of the Backyard Professor and to his new podcast!
How time flies. Glad BYP is going at it.

This week's Kwaku revelations made revisit the significance and psyche behind the use and need for body armor.