RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

Post by MG 2.0 »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:46 am
I'm humble enough to accept that humans are just too small to understand the big questions.
I agree that we cannot understand answers to big questions on our own. Many great philosophers and religious leaders have claimed to do so. It does make it very difficult to discern what truth there may be when there are so many voices.

Thanks for your transparency.

Regards,
MG
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:13 am
Alphus and Omegus wrote:
I'm humble enough to accept that humans are just too small to understand the big questions.
I agree that we cannot understand answers to big questions on our own. Many great philosophers and religious leaders have claimed to do so. It does make it very difficult to discern what truth there may be when there are so many voices.

Thanks for your transparency.

Regards,
MG
You're welcome. I would add that you still have not provided any of the answers to my questions in this thread, especially why you care what post-Mormons move to.
Last edited by Alphus and Omegus on Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:49 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:42 am
I'm personally a bit skeptical about relying on emotion only. Too many mistakes have been made doing so in my observations.

That is all that anyone has, to rely on. There are no proofs to verify one’s faith decision than can be independently tested.

As example:
I think the Spirit of God and/or the Holy Ghost speaks to our mind and our heart. So if you've sincerely prayed about and believe that you've received an undeniable witness to the truth of the Book of the Law of the Lord, then that is your path. How can someone else sway you from what you know to be true?

You’re in the midst of over 7 billion folks and only a fraction of one percent believe the same story that you do. And everyone’s relying on the same basic method of conclusion.

I'm relying on doubtingthomas to make the best decision that he is able with the facts he has at hand. He also said that he has prayed to know if the Book of the Law of the Lord is true. It is his decision as to whether or not he believes his prayers were answered.

I've expressed my views that from the track record of spiritual experiences from different and varied people in which they believe they have touched the divine in some way, that we ought to give them room to use those experiences to build upon if by so doing they find a place of happiness and reason to live a better life. Let it be. Personally, I'm a bit wary about relying on emotionally driven drivers alone. As I said, mind AND heart. But even then I think there is room for concern as to whether or not the divine is ACTUALLY in touch every time someone claims God or angels in their midst.

But that's not to say that God can't intervene and find ways and means to lead people to Truth. After all, God is God. But for one person to make the determination that an other has or hasn't had a bone fide spiritual experience with the divine is fraught with potential error and judgement one way or the other.

I'm more comfortable speaking for myself and my own experience than I am that of another.

Regards,
MG
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Conservative Bird wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:39 pm
Strong boots of Mormon Elders are needed to do some dusting against those secularists that RFM and his side support when they are not burning LDS chapels.
How does RFM's side get away with all its atrocities? We can still remember the night they drove Old Dixie down and their cavalier attitude at the burning of the Hindenburg in New Jersey. If not for the valiant actions of Midnight Mormon those people would have been swishing around the church services of the Intermountain West in their sandals and khaki shorts. Even now RFM's side is probably sipping designer coffee and planning all sorts of new deviltry. They are confounding the thoughts of simple roofers with haywire ideas!!!

hauslern wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:40 am
And if a universal flood some incest among the animals.
That might help explain the platypus.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

RFM and his side are trying to take this away from us and replace it with godless secularism rather than the Families are Foreverness of sacred Mormonism. They are burning the chapels and stealing the presidencies.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:13 am
Alphus and Omegus wrote:
It's too bad that you can't see that Mormon religious leaders cannot even understand the questions, much less provide the answers to them. They are much less able guides considering their financial interest in keeping people paying tithing.

You still haven't said why you are interested in what people replace Mormonism with, I will note.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:18 pm

You still haven't said why you are interested in what people replace Mormonism with, I will note.
Because they are creating a new story. Stories have beginnings, middle, and an end. Changing stories has got to be quite an adjustment. I’m interested in knowing how hopping off the pages of one story and on to the pages of another works out.

Thomas McConkie transitioned from the story of a traditional Mormon to Buddhism and back. Melding the two together to make one. More and more people find spiritual practices to supplement their LDS centric spiritual roots. Yoga practitioners here in Utah are a thing. 30 years ago, not so much. Meditation is a thing now, even here in Utah. Years ago we would have heard the Brethren poo poo both meditative practices and Yoga.

So some folks make a clean or not so clean break. Others bring different traditions together. I like to see/hear how folks make that work and what impact it has on their personal lives and their families.

So anyway, thanks for sharing a bit. It seems as though many of the people here migrate towards agnosticism/atheism rather than finding a new spiritual home. I would be interested in learning more about why that is.

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:36 pm
Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Because they are creating a new story. Stories have beginnings, middle, and an end. Changing stories has got to be quite an adjustment. I’m interested in knowing how hopping off the pages of one story and on to the pages of another works out.

Thomas McConkie transitioned from the story of a traditional Mormon to Buddhism and back. Melding the two together to make one. More and more people find spiritual practices to supplement their LDS centric spiritual roots. Yoga practitioners here in Utah are a thing. 30 years ago, not so much. Meditation is a thing now, even here in Utah. Years ago we would have heard the Brethren poo poo both meditative practices and Yoga.

So some folks make a clean or not so clean break. Others bring different traditions together. I like to see/hear how folks make that work and what impact it has on their personal lives and their families.

So anyway, thanks for sharing a bit. It seems as though many of the people here migrate towards agnosticism/atheism rather than finding a new spiritual home. I would be interested in learning more about why that is.

Regards,
MG
And yet, you have a condescending and mean-spirited attitude about anyone who is different from you. You repeatedly and rudely disparage people for not following your path. And now you say you’re “interested”? No. You want what you think is ammunition so you can continue your ugly goal to put down anyone not like you. People humor you because they don’t want to stoop to your level, and you take full advantage of that. You’re here to attack and disparage, in the name of your religion. It’s shameful.
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

"I’m interested in knowing how hopping off the pages of one story and on to the pages of another works out."

My question is, "What is a troll like you that was operated exact like that for years not knowing?" By the way you operate just like old Joe, you're a storyteller. Joe's whole life is a made up story from the first First Vision story to last or 5th First Vision story and on and on until today. Your whole life is a made up story of you defending the original storyteller. Simple as that MG keep on telling your stories.

PS I keep getting prouder and prouder of Marcus, his last post was sweet.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:20 pm
And yet, you have a condescending and mean-spirited attitude about anyone who is different from you. You repeatedly and rudely disparage people for not following your path. And now you say you’re “interested”? No. You want what you think is ammunition so you can continue your ugly goal to put down anyone not like you. People humor you because they don’t want to stoop to your level, and you take full advantage of that. You’re here to attack and disparage, in the name of your religion. It’s shameful.
Wow, I’m a bad dude. Thanks for your analysis man. I may need therapy.

There’s something fishy about you.

Regards,
MG