RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Re: RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Who is Shawn McCraney, and why him as the moderator?
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

I don’t think Midnight Mormons deserve this kind of recognition and credibility.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:38 am
Questions will be submitted in advance to Shawn McCraney, who will moderate.

Is there more than one person living in celestial glory who has dark skin?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Didn't Shawn McCraney appear on one of the Kwaku programs? Carah from Mormon Stories would have made for a perfect moderator (directing the flow of the dialogue and not trying to alter its content).

Will referees be on hand if Kwaku and Brad hold RFM down in the ring while Cardon climbs on the ropes and attempt a FAIR souffle?

Best wishes that no one walks away dazed and Midgley-like.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

consiglieri wrote:
I hope Dr. Scratch submits some non-DCP questions. He always comes up with clever things.

https://www.Facebook.com/Exmormon.Reddi ... 387085542/
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:12 am
He is a former Mormon turned evangelical. He raised hell in the 80's and 90's with the Mormons. Then he turned fundamental christian and raised hell with local christian churches in Utah. He had a tv show for a long time until he made them all mad at him. He knows his Bible and Mormon theology. He bases all his beliefs on an experience similar to Paul's road to Damascus.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

I know I had heard of McCraney before, but I looked up his site this morning wondering how he got this gig. I guess he's been on the Midnight Mormons show before. I think he's been on Dehlin's show before too. Anyway on the front page of his site, I spotted:
We Love To Create High Quality Comedian That Tells Stories With Nice Visual And Various Filming Styles.
So, he's a funny man who talks about Jesus? I guess I didn't realize he was supposed to be funny.

I'm sure Kwaku can't wait to deliver his lines.

This little debate should fit that bill nicely. Mormons will come off badly, he may think he'll get more attention by those departing, or those already departed. And his comedy routines should seal the deal, as they say. "what do you get when a young brash Mormon walks into your church with a seasoned skeptic?" I'm hoping he can deliver a good line when it's all said and done.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Post by Tacenda »

consiglieri wrote:
I believe this was a good choice! kwaku was interviewed by Shawn and they got along well. More a neutral feel. Should be so interesting, can't wait!
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Post by Tacenda »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:41 am
Didn't Shawn McCraney appear on one of the Kwaku programs? Carah from Mormon Stories would have made for a perfect moderator (directing the flow of the dialogue and not trying to alter its content).

Will referees be on hand if Kwaku and Brad hold RFM down in the ring while Cardon climbs on the ropes and attempt a FAIR souffle?

Best wishes that no one walks away dazed and Midgley-like.
Yes, and Kwaku was on Shawn's show as well.
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Post by Tacenda »

Rivendale wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:19 pm
Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:12 am
He is a former Mormon turned evangelical. He raised hell in the 80's and 90's with the Mormons. Then he turned fundamental christian and raised hell with local christian churches in Utah. He had a tv show for a long time until he made them all mad at him. He knows his Bible and Mormon theology. He bases all his beliefs on an experience similar to Paul's road to Damascus.
Good synopsis!