RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
dastardly stem
God

Re: RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

Post by dastardly stem »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:56 pm
My druthers would be for all questions to not be known in advance.
Lol...when I saw your comment about questions will be submitted in advance, I thought other people would submit questions, he'd gather them, and you each would have a chance to respond, depending on who the question might be better suited to. So, sounds like you will submit questions and they will submit questions and you'll respond to their questions and they'll respond to your questions. Alright.

I know you got this, but it wouldn't hurt to have another voice or two, even if the other takes a bit of a back seat. It's not that you couldn't handle anything thrown at you, but a couple of commenters on your side would look good evening things out, some. But, I mean, do what you want. I'm sure it'll be enjoyable either way.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I agree, but on the other hand, the lone ranger against the group really is massively impressive!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:36 pm
I agree, but on the other hand, the lone ranger against the group really is massively impressive!
Even so, when Lenny, Squiggy, and Mr. Bean face Brainiac can their combined wit save them?

Unless the kids at Helaman Hall or FAIR wrote out responses in advance to specific questions, what would they say? The audience would soon catch on to pre-rehearsed ad hominem attacks. I suppose some wild stories from the Young and Dumb afterparties would be entertaining.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:10 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:36 pm
Even so, when Lenny, Squiggy, and Mr. Bean face Brainiac can their combined wit save them?

Unless the kids at Helaman Hall or FAIR wrote out responses in advance to specific questions, what would they say? The audience would soon catch on to pre-rehearsed ad hominem attacks. I suppose some wild stories from the Young and Dumb afterparties would be entertaining.
I'm sure they'll pack the audience with some fawning kids with the promise of a bad ass after party. They'll cheer every time they attack RFM's moral relativity. Once Kwaku commands them to lower the ball and turn down the lights, hopefully RFM has a good escape plan. They may attack him for groundless morals during the debate, but once they lights go down, they'll demonstrate a lack of morals that will delight Lucifer's snooping eye. "Now's the time for my power", he'll mutter. And plenty of BYU kids will be confessing to their bishops come the following Sunday.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I hope there's a math question segment.

If a train is traveling at 90mph from Nauvoo, and another train is traveling at 30mph from Kirtland, how long will it take for Joseph Smith to marry another man’s wife that was just sent on an overseas mission?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:43 pm
I hope there's a math question segment.

If a train is traveling at 90mph from Nauvoo, and another train is traveling at 30mph from Kirtland, how long will it take for Joseph Smith to marry another man’s wife that was just sent on an overseas mission?
:lol:
phaedrus ut
Nursery

Post by phaedrus ut »

Consig, I might come watch this for the first in real life appearance for Phaedrus!
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Yay!!!!!

That would be awesome!!!!
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

I will be there.
Whether in body or in spirit.
Or both?
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Post by Fence Sitter »

Will there be questions from the audience (live and remote)?