RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Re: RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

Post by Tacenda »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:56 am
I don’t think Midnight Mormons deserve this kind of recognition and credibility.
But entertaining!!! :D
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Post by Tacenda »

:lol:
dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:13 am
Should be fun. Glad something is happening. And what's Shawn mccraneys church? Does he believe in Jesus?

Debate! It'll be something about Mormonism, I guess. Crowd of midnight Mormon fans and rfm fans. Kids vs grandpops. Are there plans to transition into a kwaku party afterward?
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Post by Tacenda »

Tacenda wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:49 pm
:lol:
dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:13 am
Should be fun. Glad something is happening. And what's Shawn mccraneys church? Does he believe in Jesus?

Debate! It'll be something about Mormonism, I guess. Crowd of midnight Mormon fans and rfm fans. Kids vs grandpops. Are there plans to transition into a kwaku party afterward?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Tacenda wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:49 pm
Are there plans to transition into a kwaku party afterward?
RFM is a very good dancer. If he heads down to Orem for another COVID spreader event, he could bring some moves from both West Side Story and Brigadoon.

"When you're a Jet
You're a Jet all the way
From your Barrister wig
To your silk stocking stays,
I'll go home with Bonnie Jean!"
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:38 am
Questions will be submitted in advance to Shawn McCraney, who will moderate.
How would we get a question in?

So am I correct to understand you guys will be debating the answers to questions? Will you know the questions in advance?
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:

Consig,

I think there should be at least 1 or 2 wildcard questions in which both parties get surprise questions in which they have not been able to specifically prepare for. Perhaps those could be posed at the end of the debate or 1 at the beginning and 1 at the end. But there needs to be an element of surprise in order to maximize the effect of this debate. Otherwise it will seem scripted and less exciting.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:54 am
What is the Queen’s name?

Consig,

Suppose Gee & Muhlestein were both sitting on the debate panel together and you posed that GOLDEN question about the king's name:

Joseph Smith claimed to translate ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics through revelation and published a proclamation to all the world in the Times and Seasons saying, "Fig. 2. King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head".

What is the name of *THAT* Egyptian king and in which dynasty did he reign?

How will Gee & Muhlestein respond? Do you think they will give you a king's name and a dynasty in which he ruled according to hieroglyphs above Queen Isis's head?

No, they won't be able to. It's a slam dunk. You win. It's guaranteed. You hold the winning cards, a Royal Flush in spades, baby. No need to hide cards under your sleeve (like the cheat u are) when you have the winning hand! :lol:

The apologists will try and interpret the question to avoid the answer. There is nothing they can do but interpret or reinterpret the question as if it has multiple meanings. They will try and explain it away as if nobody really knows what Smith meant.
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

Ptolemy I
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:11 pm
consiglieri wrote:

Consig,

I think there should be at least 1 or 2 wildcard questions in which both parties get surprise questions in which they have not been able to specifically prepare for. Perhaps those could be posed at the end of the debate or 1 at the beginning and 1 at the end. But there needs to be an element of surprise in order to maximize the effect of this debate. Otherwise it will seem scripted and less exciting.
My druthers would be for all questions to not be known in advance.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:56 pm
My druthers would be for all questions to not be known in advance.

I tend to agree but Quacko and his gang don't possess the knowledge and skills to be able to field your questions without getting outside help beforehand. So, you'll need to make sure that your questions are VERY, VERY well crafted and exact. Can u handle that?

:mrgreen: