Accepting Applications to Help Redact the Rosebud Document Collection

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rosebud
Sunbeam

Accepting Applications to Help Redact the Rosebud Document Collection

Post by Rosebud »

October 19, 2021

I am too busy with other things to want to spend time reading over John Dehlin documents. And I'm tired of this. That said, the Rosebud document collection still needs careful redacting so it can be released. I have many more documents than the few that were briefly released in May. There is a long chronology that ought to be made available to the public.

If you are interested in applying to help with redactions, please email me at mormonrosebud@gmail.com and tell me who you are and why you're interested. Yes, I will need your in-real-life name and some information about you before bringing you on board. No, I can't compensate anyone. It's John who has the money -- not me. That said, I will do my best to protect you from the retaliations that are par for the course of caring more about truth than politics.

Historians (and pseudo-historians) are encouraged to apply. But if you're willing to work, you're qualified.

I'd like this done, but it's not going to happen without bigger group of volunteers. I'm working on other projects right now and will not be involved.

Best,

Rosebud
https://www.mormonrosebud.com/redaction-errors/
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Accepting Applications to Help Redact the Rosebud Document Collection

Post by Dr Moore »

Rosebud: help me make this all go away.
Also Rosebud: who wants help me escalate this further?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Rosebud wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:37 am
I have many more documents than the few that were briefly released in May. There is a long chronology that ought to be made available to the public.
Breadcrumbing "is leading someone on using online or electronic forums (think: social media or texting) to keep someone's interest in you, even if you never intend to become involved with them." It's essentially an emotionally manipulative tactic designed to make someone dependent on you without expending much effort.

The Reasoning:

They feel better about themselves. "The more interest from others they maintain, the better they feel about themselves"

They need validation from others. "They don't feel comfortable or confident unless they get constant reassurance from others that they are worthy or valuable"

They're narcissistic. "Often, these individuals have a personality characterized by narcissism as well as a game-playing, shallow approach to relationships," she observes. "They don't feel guilty about manipulating others and playing with people's emotions."
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Is there a box for all of the above?
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Post by Fence Sitter »

Maybe Lucy Harris is available, I hear she has some experience with documents. :D
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

...pseudo-historians... are encouraged to apply....
My favorite bit from Rosebud.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Lem wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:55 am
...pseudo-historians... are encouraged to apply....
My favorite bit from Rosebud.
I thought it was very apt considering she’s constructing a pseudo history.
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

Didn't like 4 people on this board already volunteer to help with this?
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

:lol:
Fence Sitter wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:36 am
Maybe Lucy Harris is available, I hear she has some experience with documents. :D
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

:roll:
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith