Is it true Bill Reel backed out of the upcoming debate with Midnight Mormons?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Is it true Bill Reel backed out of the upcoming debate with Midnight Mormons?

Post by Atlanticmike »

I just received a notification from Midnight Mormons YouTube channel and they're claiming Bill Reel backed out of the upcoming debate. Any truth?
https://youtu.be/uxaLKprguvo
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Is it true Bill Reel backed out of the upcoming debate with Midnight Mormons?

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Starting at the 6:54 mark to the 11:15 mark, the participants are now saying the debate is off. I guess they don't want to debate RFM 3 to 1 because it makes them look bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxaLKprguvo

It makes them look bad?! That has to be the lamest excuse for backing out of the debate with RFM. Lame. Kwaku and Cardon are cowards.
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Atlanticmike
God

Re: Is it true Bill Reel backed out of the upcoming debate with Midnight Mormons?

Post by Atlanticmike »

I think it should be a 3 on 3 debate. Maybe RFM and two other posters from this board for the exmormon side? Personally, I think the two smartest posters on this board are the Backyard professor and Cultellus. These three guys would be an awesome team if it's actually true Bill Reel "chickened" out of the debate.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Atlantic wrote:I think it should be a 3 on 3 debate. Maybe RFM and two other posters from this board for the exmormon side?
Let's be honest, there will never be a debate. Kwaku and Cardon just chickened out on the debate with RFM.

I guarantee Kwaku and Cardon will never go through a debate, whether 3 on 3, 1 on 1, 2 on 2 or whatever. They both just proved they will not debate.

I love how they used the excuse that Bill Reel chickened out as the reason they are chickening out of the debate with RFM. Classic Mopologist move.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:38 pm
Atlantic wrote:I think it should be a 3 on 3 debate. Maybe RFM and two other posters from this board for the exmormon side?
Let's be honest, there will never be a debate. Kwaku and Cardon just chickened out on the debate with RFM.

I guarantee Kwaku and Cardon will never go through a debate, whether 3 on 3, 1 on 1, 2 on 2 or whatever. They both just proved they will not debate.

I love how they used the excuse that Bill Reel chickened out as the reason they are chickening out of the debate with RFM. Classic Mopologist move.
Prove it! Find two more people to join RFM and prove to everyone here that Midnight Mormons are actually scared of a debate! You already have one volunteer! I watched the whole video and thought they were being honest and what they said made a lot of sense. So step up and make it 3 on 3. Time's a waistin.
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:30 pm
Starting at the 6:54 mark to the 11:15 mark, the participants are now saying the debate is off. I guess they don't want to debate RFM 3 to 1 because it makes them look bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxaLKprguvo

It makes them look bad?! That has to be the lamest excuse for backing out of the debate with RFM. Lame. Kwaku and Cardon are cowards.
I thought only consig was in the process. BIll Reel is a freaking moron and would never do well in a debate. I remember when Bill contended he had a 162 IQ as a result of an on-line test he took, and when I ridiculed him he got me threadbanned at MDDB. Reel can't read; he doesn't read. Why is BIll Reel involved? Consig -- you need to step up. I'd volunteer to be your second but I'd end up siding with them other morons and against you except with respect to the Book of Abraham stuff.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

As I understand it, RFM wanted to debate them alone.

Because he is Batman.

End of story.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kwaku and Cardon were betting on having Bill Reel there, who is known for not being able to take criticism well and keep his temper.

That's why they kept insisting that they didn't want to debate RFM alone. I'm not surprised at all they're backing out.

Just so we're clear - it's Midnight Mormons that are backing out of debating RFM. Bill was never part of the plan, much to Kwaku's chagrin.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:40 pm
Kwaku and Cardon were betting on having Bill Reel there, who is known for not being able to take criticism well and keep his temper.

That's why they kept insisting that they didn't want to debate RFM alone. I'm not surprised at all they're backing out.

Just so we're clear - it's Midnight Mormons that are backing out of debating RFM. Bill was never part of the plan, much to Kwaku's chagrin.
This is total bullcrap and I think you know it! At the 23:57 mark they actually say they think the best thing would be for RFM to find two more people to be involved in the debate with him. So! Supposedly there's a lot of smart people on this board, what two will it be? If the Backyard Professor is available, I think he's a great choice. Plus another very intelligent poster has already volunteered. Easy peasy!