Is it true Bill Reel backed out of the upcoming debate with Midnight Mormons?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Is it true Bill Reel backed out of the upcoming debate with Midnight Mormons?

Post by drumdude »

They’re scared of RFM. Plain and simple.

They had a debate set up, and they’re backing out.
dastardly stem
God

Re: Is it true Bill Reel backed out of the upcoming debate with Midnight Mormons?

Post by dastardly stem »

Well, if we're wanting to see some parity, we might need to get the two dimmest people on this board.

I'd be game. Of course that still only skews the favor even more towards RFM's side, somehow.

BY:
BIll Reel is a freaking moron and would never do well in a debate. I remember when Bill contended he had a 162 IQ as a result of an on-line test he took, and when I ridiculed him he got me threadbanned at MDDB. Reel can't read; he doesn't read. Why is BIll Reel involved? Consig -- you need to step up. I'd volunteer to be your second but I'd end up siding with them other morons and against you except with respect to the Book of Abraham stuff.
Shoot. You never accused Bill of salacious behavior, have you? Maybe he'd debate you. So you're saying your hate for the man stems from a minor sounding disagreement on MDDB?

I like the idea of you sitting on his side and arguing with him. I'm guessing you'd only make RFM's case even stronger.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm
They’re scared of RFM. Plain and simple.

They had a debate set up, and they’re backing out.
You can keep saying that all you want but I don't think it's true. Find two more people who are willing to debate with RFM, then send an email that states the "exmormons" are willing to move forward with a 3 on 3 debate that is supposedly going to be moderated by Shawn McCraney. Post the Email here for everyone to see and then if they back out you can say they're the cowards. But as it stands right now, it seems the only person who backed out is Bill Reel.

I don't blame them for not wanting to do a debate 3 on 1. RFM will definitely look like the winner no matter what because he'll look like he's being ganged up on.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

This is strange.

I just this morning put Kwaku in contact with Shawn McCraney, who had not heard from him yet, and the debate is most definitely on.

But not with Bill Reel.

Just RFM against the Midnight Mormons.

Kwaku claiming Bill has extra-marital affairs convinced Bill he wasn’t really interested.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

I don’t think these clowns deserve your promotion.
They’re morons.
Worse, they’re bad people.
How about keep the venue but change who’s on the dais.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:40 pm
Kwaku and Cardon were betting on having Bill Reel there, who is known for not being able to take criticism well and keep his temper.

That's why they kept insisting that they didn't want to debate RFM alone. I'm not surprised at all they're backing out.

Just so we're clear - it's Midnight Mormons that are backing out of debating RFM. Bill was never part of the plan, much to Kwaku's chagrin.
That is correct.

What may be helping the M&Ms confuse the issue is that Bill had accepted their challenge separate and apart from RFM.

Bill wrote a long email to them suggesting a long conversation format and requiring certain rules, like no bugging out in the middle of the debate.

The M&Ms did a podcast making fun of Bill’s email and claiming he steps out on his wife

That was when Bill wrote them off.

But that was never about the debate I have scheduled on November 13th at 6:00 pm at Shawn McCraney’s church.

That debate is with only me on one team and the three amigos on the other.

Bill was never a part of my debate.

Even though they really wanted him to be on my team.

Kids.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

consiglieri wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:53 pm

But that was never about the debate I have scheduled on November 13th at 6:00 pm at Shawn McCraney’s church.

That debate is with only me on one team and the three amigos on the other.

Bill was never a part of my debate.

Even though they really wanted him to be on my team.

Kids.
Glad you're still going forward with it. Has anyone working for FAIR ever done a debate? I'm kind of new to this scene so pardon my lack of awareness
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Not to my knowledge.

But then the Midnight Mormons aren’t with FAIR.

Anymore.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I just posted a confirming comment on the M&Ms YouTube channel.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Well. Sounds like this is off. They don't want to debate one person and not a one of them would be able to debate on his own,, I'm guessing. Maybe they can offer an adequate replacement for the 3 of them? Who DCP? He'd do poorly but much better than these three. Midgley? That might be entertaining, at least. Some other fair person?

Ah well, it was an entertaining thought. Plus was it really a debate? Everyone just addressing questions they were given before hand?
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos