My Weekly Russell: 9) Russell Experiences the Shining at Resort Hotel in Colorado

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tator
CTR B

Re: My Weekly Russell: 9) Russell Experiences the Shining at Resort Hotel in Colorado

Post by Tator »

Morley wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:37 pm
When it's complete, I'd like to see My Weekly Russell compiled and put into the Hall of Fame Threads
Absolutely!
Philo Sofee
God

Re: My Weekly Russell: 9) Russell Experiences the Shining at Resort Hotel in Colorado

Post by Philo Sofee »

Equality wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:08 pm
Elder Dunn understandably felt a desire to consult with President Kimball, so I set about to call him. Of course, to get President Kimball on the line directly is not always possible. Nonetheless, I dialed his home phone number and who should answer the phone but President Kimball!
Yes, I too am always amazed when I call someone's number and the person whose number I just dialed answers the phone. It's a miracle!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Tears! HOWLING LAUGHTER!!!! OMG...
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

I'm not following the chronology in the story.
We had spent three lovely days there, but that Friday night I awakened with a very uneasy feeling, and I said, “Dantzel, I can't stand it here any longer. Let's pack and go home.”

As she looked about our spacious apartment and then looked at me, she said, "You've got to be kidding!"

I said, "No, I just can't stand it here any longer. Let's go home."

Without stopping to call for reservations, we went directly to the airport, caught the next plane for Denver, and again without reservations went to wait for the next plane from Denver to Salt Lake City. We boarded that plane without much waiting and arrived an hour later at the Salt Lake Airport.

As soon as we reached a telephone, I called Mrs. Kemp at my office and said, "Who's looking for me?"

"How did you know?" she said. "Dr. Ernest Wilkinson called just a few minutes ago and said he needed you for Elder Paul H. Dunn. He has admitted Elder Dunn to the coronary care unit at the LDS Hospital, and he wants you to see him right away."
The couple went to bed Friday night, Russell woke up sometime that same evening, he demanded to/asked if they could leave, they packed, they traveled from the hotel to the airport, they caught a plane to Denver, they caught a flight to SLC, the plane caught on fire and did a spiral dive, Russell called his secretary at his office once they reached the SLC airport, and she answered.

What time of day did he call his secretary?
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

We had spent three lovely days there, but that Friday night I awakened with a very uneasy feeling, and I said, “Dantzel, I can't stand it here any longer. Let's pack and go home.”

As she looked about our spacious apartment and then looked at me, she said, "You've got to be kidding!"

Without stopping to call for reservations, we went directly to the airport, caught the next plane for Denver, and again without reservations went to wait for the next plane from Denver to Salt Lake City. We boarded that plane without much waiting and arrived an hour later at the Salt Lake Airport.

As soon as we reached a telephone, I called Mrs. Kemp at my office and said, "Who's looking for me?"

"How did you know?" she said. "Dr. Ernest Wilkinson called just a few minutes ago and said he needed you for Elder Paul H. Dunn. He has admitted Elder Dunn to the coronary care unit at the LDS Hospital, and he wants you to see him right away."
Nelson was at that hotel for a number of days on business - “for surgical meetings”. Is he asking us to believe that his secretary; Didn’t know where he was? Didn’t know the phone number of the hotel to call and let him know someone was looking for him? Didn’t think to call him to let him know someone was looking for him?

I’m guessing the actual story is that Nelson got a message at the hotel, that Dunn had been hospitalised and had asked to consult with Nelson, so they decided to cut short their trip and fly home. The end.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:59 am

Nelson was at that hotel for a number of days on business - “for surgical meetings”. Is he asking us to believe that his secretary; Didn’t know where he was? Didn’t know the phone number of the hotel to call and let him know someone was looking for him? Didn’t think to call him to let him know someone was looking for him?

I’m guessing the actual story is that Nelson got a message at the hotel, that Dunn had been hospitalised and had asked to consult with Nelson, so they decided to cut short their trip and fly home. The end.
Well yeah, but ya gotta get that help of the Lord in there for faith promotin themes to develop for crying out loud. After LOOK at who we are talking about! He gotta get groomed by the Lawd for the Lawd's important work... :roll:
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I guess his secretary worked Saturdays? But of course she did. She needed to be there at the ready to answer superdoctor's GA bat phone whenever the Lord needed superdoctor to save the anointed.

In all fairness to our superhero, he was supposedly a really good heart surgeon, but with an ego that knew no bounds. It's understandable, though. I'm sure in a too sacred to tell revelation Rusty was told by the Lord himself that he, Rusty, was in the top 20 of the pre-existence greats, maybe even top 10.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.