Wordprint Studies & the Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
hauslern
Bishop

Wordprint Studies & the Book of Mormon

Post by hauslern »

Gospel Tangents has a video of Brian Hales commenting wordprint studies of the Book of Mormon.
It has been a while since that study was published by Jockers Witten and Criddle
http://solomonspalding.com/Lib/Jock2008.htm

Criddle on Facebook said " One key thing is that we were finally able to “fingerprint” Smith. This was difficult because he had many scribes. Once we had that a reliable word print, we redid the Jockers et al study. The results were nearly the same though some chapters were attributed to Smith."

Dan Vogel and Colby Townsend both knock the Spalding theory.
The video is interesting but I find Bennet needs to not smirk so much. Sounds arrogrant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJQ70CKGZSY
So the whole argument seems to be presented by Hales that Smith was not smart enough to create the Book of Mormon. Dan Vogel does not agree.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Wordprint Studies & the Book of Mormon

Post by MG 2.0 »

hauslern wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:28 pm
Gospel Tangents has a video of Brian Hales commenting wordprint studies of the Book of Mormon.
It has been a while since that study was published by Jockers Witten and Criddle

Criddle on Facebook said " One key thing is that we were finally able to “fingerprint” Smith. This was difficult because he had many scribes. Once we had that a reliable word print, we redid the Jockers et al study. The results were nearly the same though some chapters were attributed to Smith."

The video is interesting but I find Bennet needs to not smirk so much. Sounds arrogrant.
So the whole argument seems to be presented by Hales that Smith was not smart enough to create the Book of Mormon. Dan Vogel does not agree.
I’ve been enjoying this interview with Bro. Hales. He does a pretty good job lining up all the evidential ducks in a row for the Book of Mormon in this segment.

Regards,
MG
hauslern
Bishop

Post by hauslern »

Art Vanick one of the co-authors of Who Realy Wrote the Book of Mormon responded "My team and I have battled with him before. He's a master at deflection, deceit, and dancing around solid evidence. One typical jab is calling MS Found mythical, along with saying that the existing ms is in fact MS Found, which is absurd. He and others say show them MS Found and they may consider our claims."
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Unless the Book of Mormon is special (the null hypothesis is that it is not) then we should be able to find other authors for which a subset of their known works should have been impossible for them to create. Apologists never test their hypothesis to try and falsify them. Until they do, their work is nothing but white noise.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:44 pm
hauslern wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:28 pm

I’ve been enjoying this interview with Bro. Hales. He does a pretty good job lining up all the evidential ducks in a row for the Book of Mormon in this segment.

Regards,
MG
Bro. Hales also refers to this document in his short presentation:

Second page can be found here:

https://www.debunking-cesletter.com/wp- ... FINAL2.pdf

Whatever one wants to think about Joseph Smith, it is rather obvious that the Book of Mormon was a work of genius. Or something more.

Regards,
MG
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

If Joseph Smith created the Book of Mormon, I give him an A+.

If God created it, I am underwhelmed.
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

The word print studies were based on garbage eyeballing science. Invented by an Anglican minister named Morton. Thoroughly discredited.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:48 am

Does the Book of Mormon not teach and testify of Christ and His atonement enough for you? Or is it overkill? Too much testimony/teaching in regards to the Savior and His mission?

Regards,
MG
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:31 am
consiglieri wrote:

Does the Book of Mormon not teach and testify of Christ and His atonement enough for you? Or is it overkill? Too much testimony/teaching in regards to the Savior and His mission?

Regards,
MG
I have a seer stone here which contains a Third testament of Jesus Christ, when he visited the Zeegramites in Antarctica about 40,000 years ago. It tells the fascinating story of a group of Muslims who received instructions to build a time machine and settle the frosty wilderness. Of course, they grew prideful and half of them had their skin turned green (to indicate wickedness). Fortunately Jesus showed up, set off some volcanoes, and then gave his best hits with a 3rd telling of the sermon on the mount. All of this was recorded on sheets of ice buried in the snow in a glacier called Glacmora, which I found next to my house after seeing an angel the other night.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:31 am
consiglieri wrote:

Regards,
MG
Redundancy is not a sign of literary achievement.