New Project Shows Church Finance Corruption

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
consiglieri
Prophet

New Project Shows Church Finance Corruption

Post by consiglieri »

Somebody posted the following link at Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mormon/comment ... ame=iossmf

It goes to a beautifully done document showing in layman’s terms and with simple graphics how bad the church’s hoarding really is.

It is so simple even I can understand it, and it took me less than ten minutes to read through it.

It just lays out the facts without argument, but the facts are enough to sink the Good Ship Zion seventy times over!

It is called The Widow’s Mite.

I desire all to receive it!
drumdude
God

Re: New Project Shows Church Finance Corruption

Post by drumdude »

The way church membership is shrinking they’re going to need every cent.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

This document is going to be so helpful in getting the average Joe or Josephine to understand the enormity of the EPA.

I see it as a potential CES Letter in the making.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Fascinating! I am already doing this with my own savings of tithing for my own family. It's working, I now have over $4.34 to my name.......

On a serious note, I can easily, and I mean easily see the days of tithing are coming to an end, no matter how much hell fire and threats in an after life is propounded by The Corportation of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. There is just no need to pay them anything anymore. And it would have nothing to do with wickedness, but intelligence. We NEED ALL our own money these days, thank you.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:57 am
In what way? Even if the lds church never collected another penny of tithing, they could cover their entire current annual expenses with only about a third of their investment interest income (approx. 6 bil), and still have about two thirds of their interest income left to increase their base investments. FOREVER.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Lem wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:07 am
drumdude wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:57 am
In what way? Even if the lds church never collected another penny of tithing, they could cover their entire current annual expenses with only about a third of their investment interest income (approx. 6 bil), and still have about two thirds of their interest income left to increase their base investments. FOREVER.
It's a staggering amount of money. I was simply anticipating their eventual justification in conference decades from now.

"We're in the latter latter days now, membership is shrinking and even the elect are being deceived, we prepared for this time by hoarding money, we're such good prophets for foreseeing the need for this money... etc etc"
simon southerton
Sunbeam

Post by simon southerton »

An excellent presentation, although I think their estimates of church wealth may be low.

According to this well researched website, the church has between USD300 and USD400 in commercial and agricultural real estate.
http://www.bidstrup.com/ldsfinances.htm
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

simon southerton wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:45 am
An excellent presentation, although I think their estimates of church wealth may be low.

According to this well researched website, the church has between USD300 and USD400 in commercial and agricultural real estate.
http://www.bidstrup.com/ldsfinances.htm
I have seen the property in the CA Central Valley. That is a small fraction of what they own. I would be shocked if the Ag assets were worth less than 10 Billion.

Simon, does the Church still own farms and stations in Australia?
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:22 am
Lem wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:07 am

It's a staggering amount of money. I was simply anticipating their eventual justification in conference decades from now.

"We're in the latter latter days now, membership is shrinking and even the elect are being deceived, we prepared for this time by hoarding money, we're such good prophets for foreseeing the need for this money... etc etc"
Ah yes, no argument there.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace