The distance between Christianity and the 4 Gospels

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IHAQ
God

Re: The distance between Christianity and the 4 Gospels

Post by IHAQ »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:27 am
IHAQ wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:11 pm
:lol:
And my subsequent response to him.

Hope this helps. 🎅

Res Ipsa is the man today. It’s worth the investment of time in this instance. Generally, he brings up some interesting points/questions. Although this time around I think he was borderline snarky.

Your responses recently have been short and succinct. Probably better to keep it that way. 😉

Regards,
MG
For further reading and consideration your assignment is to review my earlier comments to you on this thread. ;) :) :P
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

IHAQ wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:14 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:27 am

And my subsequent response to him.

Hope this helps. 🎅

Res Ipsa is the man today. It’s worth the investment of time in this instance. Generally, he brings up some interesting points/questions. Although this time around I think he was borderline snarky.

Your responses recently have been short and succinct. Probably better to keep it that way. 😉

Regards,
MG
For further reading and consideration your assignment is to review my earlier comments to you on this thread. ;) :) :P
The content of that video, if the words used are what you are meaning to say, are beneath you IHAQ. At least I would have thought so.

Gross and somewhat sickening.

Or as you might (would) comment: Brilliant! :lol: Priceless!

Needless to say, all opinions and pointed barbs have probably run their course now on this thread.

Along with some interesting forays into Fine Tuning and Abiogenesis. That was fun. 👍

Regards,
MG
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:07 pm
God has commanded us to love ALL His children. Even those that have left the family of God behind and gone their own way.
When you have to modify your "God has commanded us to love" statement with "Even those [who} have left," you kill your credibility. It kind of suggests you might not quite believe it and serves to make the statement into a passive-aggressive swipe.

Some examples:
  • I love all races. Even Hispanics.
  • I believe all people have rights. Even gays.
  • I think every person can reason. Even Mormons.
See what I mean?
  • God has commanded us to love ALL His children. Even those that have left the family of God behind and gone their own way.
You complain about someone putting up a harmless link about trolls, while you post in this manner all the time. This is the stuff Res Ipsa is referring to.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

Making it up as you go along vs being guided via revelation from god.......?

Remember the time the church spent millions of dollars on the "I'm a Mormon" campaign only to have the church leader a few years later try to erase the use of referring to members as "Mormon"?

Pepperidge farm remembers!
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:28 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:14 am
The content of that video, if the words used are what you are meaning to say, are beneath you IHAQ. At least I would have thought so.

Gross and somewhat sickening.

Or as you might (would) comment: Brilliant! :lol: Priceless!

Needless to say, all opinions and pointed barbs have probably run their course now on this thread.

Along with some interesting forays into Fine Tuning and Abiogenesis. That was fun. 👍

Regards,
MG
I note you didn’t dispute its accuracy… :) ;) Regards
(Don’t forget, your responses need to be in line with the new CHI…so be nice!)
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:26 pm

doubtingthomas made some good points earlier.

Regards,
MG
But you are ignoring my questions.
1. Is gambling a sin?
2. Does the church have an official position on child marriage?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
sock puppet
2nd Counselor

Post by sock puppet »

Said in another thread, but perhaps more applicable in this one
Gadianton [url]https://discussmormonism.com/viewtopic.php?p=2758124#p2758124[/url] wrote:There is no such thing as unity under Christ, and that's because more often then not, belief in Christ is really about belief in a divine endorsement of one's own particular concerns. Using Jesus to bait secularists is not about unity, but even if it were, it is only a convenient platitude because once that unity comes, the wars then happen over minor theological differences. And that's because theological beliefs are merely symbolic; they map to underlying economic concerns that are the real cause of tension. The problem is, the entire premise of religious faith is to not see past the superficiality of one's beliefs...
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats