“Mentally Troubled” and “Assault”

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rivendale
God

Re: “Mentally Troubled” and “Assault”

Post by Rivendale »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:58 pm
Oh God.

More drama from the drama queen.

Spare me.
What was the song from ground hog day? Oh Cher and Sonny.
They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby, I got you
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Rosebud wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:54 pm
Men have been using women to make arguments against each other since men first started fighting over women.
Yeah, and women having been using women against men to get what they want since time began. What else is new?

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Slander and Libel

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

And because we’re helpers and not haters, this bit from your website is nonsensical:
I SWEAR UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY THAT MY TESTIMONY IS ACCURATE AND COMPLETE
That’s your Michael Scott moment, so if you want to be taken seriously you may want to edit it.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

The debate wasn't good. It was bad. I wish rfm didn't participate after having seen the results...but that's behind us.

That rfm said you are mentally troubled caught my attention too and he should not have taken kwaku's bate. He certainly should not have repeated the story the dehlin has been saying about your mental state--not his concern at all.

That kwaku brought you and dehlin up was beyond idiotic. Rfm was caught off guard and said something he shouldn't have. I hope he apologizes.

Everyone should note any public mention or reference to Rosebud and her dehlin story is not helpful to anyone.

All the best , Rosebud. Hoping you move past this.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

Rosebud wrote:
The problem is that I’m not “mentally troubled” even if the troubles I’ve faced would have given me every excuse to be....

Am I financially troubled? Definitely. And that is the fault of the way men treat women inside and outside the church.
As a bit of advice, take responsibility for your own life. That's what people who aren't mentally troubled do.

I wish you all the best. Really. But move on already.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Analytics wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:50 am
Rosebud wrote:
The problem is that I’m not “mentally troubled” even if the troubles I’ve faced would have given me every excuse to be....

Am I financially troubled? Definitely. And that is the fault of the way men treat women inside and outside the church.
As a bit of advice, take responsibility for your own life. That's what people who aren't mentally troubled do.

I wish you all the best. Really. But move on already.
Maybe your faith will actually precede a miracle here.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

So many words for what was during the debate literally 2 seconds of non-discussion.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Clearly the 2 seconds of discussion of Rosebud during the debate warrants two separate threads!

Oh brother.
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

All I have to do is see a Rosebug post and I start having trouble with my gag response.
Canadiandude2
CTR B

Post by Canadiandude2 »

Rosebud wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:47 pm
I am the party who has been the victim of slander and libel. That happened because I was the less powerful person. For me that began in 2012, two full years before I finally decided to start my public documentation to the contrary.

The way to right the wrong is not to silence reality in the name of goodwill and stopping the “slander” and “libel.” The way to right the wrong is to let the truth be seen.

What happened to me isn’t unique.

What’s wrong here is that the world cares about men more than women. The women are slandered and libeled and all too many people rush in to defend the man who is guilty of slandering and libeling….. even though he does it for gain.

It isn’t slander or libel when it’s true. And truth shouldn’t be buried in the name of peace if the peace is false and especially if there are many victims of similar instances of slander and libel. There are. It’s an offender’s game.

And the fact that I’m articulating these truths doesn’t make me “mentally troubled.” It demonstrates that I know who I am, what the truth is, and what my rights are. It demonstrates that I have self-respect. It demonstrates that I care about all the women this is regularly happening to as men manipulate us for their own gain.

I’m angry about what you’ve all done with me and my name. And I have a right to be angry.

I’m not quite to the end of the debate, but I think the Midnight Mormons are right that everyone’s priority should be about really caring about people. That’s something the ex podcasters have left behind in their anger. I remember when I cared as much about the Mormon people as the Midnight Mormons do. I’ve since faced too much exclusion from my people to hold on to that value, but I think it was the right value to hold at that time just as the right value for me now is to move on and away from all this toxicity. So, for me, even though Mormonism all feels so far behind me now, I think the Midnight Mormons win the debate.

And RFM….. stop slandering me. Stop your libel. It’s pathetic. You’re smarter than that (I think). And don’t vault false victims while silencing real ones. There are good attorneys and there are crummy ones. The way an attorney treats people like me when we’re not your clients’ opposition demonstrates which kind of attorney you are.
I am sorry for what you experienced.

I would respectfully ask whether Midnight Mormons actually practice really caring about people?

Is Midnight Mormons actually advocating for an institution that in turn respects, and advocates for marriage equality, gender equality, institutional transparency & accountability, and more?

~

It is perfectly appropriate to appraise critically people that have either harmed you or are believed to have harmed you; speak your truth on a public venue; continue to use the judicial system to seek redress and more.

I’m still learning your story. I have read both yours and others accounts, there’s much that I’m uncertain about but I would ask you this:

Why does RFM’s harms to you make Midnight Mormons ‘win’ the debate?

I can see from one standpoint an argument for their both losing, or (according to yourself) both being unworthy of any pedestal.

Midnight Mormons and other orthodox (and/or especially alt-right) Latter-Day-Saint groups have been continuously targeting marginalized actors critical of the church. Marginalized actors that would include people such as yourself and myself.

What makes their harm better?

What makes their position regarding women’s rights (current and historical) consistent in their championing your own specific case?

~

I’m not so certain that they would actually care about your case were it not associated with a perceived enemy, or threat to the church.

If I’m totally wrong here please correct me, but I just don’t understand the consistency in your argument here.

~

Continue sharing your truth.

Use your own personal accounts and what evidence is to be brought to bear to bear.

But please,

Please do not to imply that the Midnight Mormons have marginalized interests at heart.