DCP does love to name drop

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: DCP does love to name drop

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:32 pm
For sure. Huge Nibbler loved to tell people he literally brushed shoulders with Hitler. And no, I’m not making that up.
That sounds ever-so-vaguely-familiar for some reason. But I'm sure it's complete malarkey, of course. Will you please re-familiarize us with the tale?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: DCP does love to name drop

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:39 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:32 pm
For sure. Huge Nibbler loved to tell people he literally brushed shoulders with Hitler. And no, I’m not making that up.
That sounds ever-so-vaguely-familiar for some reason. But I'm sure it's complete malarkey, of course. Will you please re-familiarize us with the tale?
I read his autobiography and posted my observations on a thread that’s on the old board. His son compiled all the talking points from Nibley’s journals. One of the bits that stood out was Nibley’s Gumpian account of bumping into Hitler, like literally brushing past him. -_-

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.