Should You Donate to Interpreter? Or Should You Donate to the Church?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Should You Donate to Interpreter? Or Should You Donate to the Church?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I get the impression there’s some low key resentment on the part of Pasticheterson at not having been selected as a GA and probably Apostle, because the ego on that the plagiarizing dumpster fire is bananas. Essentially, Pasticheterson has created a parallel organization where he essentially fills the role he wasn’t gifted, and gets to promote his version of Mormonism he prefers. He gets to develop a cult following of believers who aren’t being nourished with enough “pure truth”, and does so right under the nose of the cojcolds. Basically he’s a parasite.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:07 pm
I am practically talking myself into donating to Interpreter here!
Yes, but what do China's interest in targeted bioweapons and their buying Ancestry.com including their huge genetics database have to do with the Interpreter? Are you theorizing that apologetic arguments in combination with sacred undergarments will keep the Western European LDS gene pool safe?

Pretty ingenious!!!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Interpreter is basically the hobby of someone who isn’t prepared to fund it themselves, they want you to pay for their indulgence. There will always be something more worthwhile that you could have put your spare moneys towards, other than the indulgent vanity project of an individual, or individuals.

Got a spare $100? You could give it to Interpreter, but to do so means not giving it towards something more worthy, like homelessness or a food bank etc. Let them pay for their own hobby.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

IHAQ wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:30 pm
Interpreter is basically the hobby of someone who isn’t prepared to fund it themselves, they want you to pay for their indulgence. There will always be something more worthwhile that you could have put your spare moneys towards, other than the indulgent vanity project of an individual, or individuals.

Got a spare $100? You could give it to Interpreter, but to do so means not giving it towards something more worthy, like homelessness or a food bank etc. Let them pay for their own hobby.
Jealous? I mean, some people run podcasts. Peterson runs Interpreter. I don't see the big deal.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

IHAQ wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:30 pm

A hobby that puts out some really, really bad papers. I agree donations can be directed far more charitably.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:28 pm
A hobby that puts out some really, really bad papers. I agree donations can be directed far more charitably.
No doubt. I don't think a donation to Interpreter is really a charitable donation. It is about the same as donating to someone's Patreon page for a podcast. If you are the kind of person who enjoys what they have to offer, there is no harm in paying something for it.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow