Ultimate Egypt - Interpreter Foundation Cruise Lady tour

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Ultimate Egypt - Interpreter Foundation Cruise Lady tour

Post by drumdude »

Did anybody manage to get tickets?

Ultimate Egypt – Interpreter Foundation Tour
Nov 19, 2021 - Nov 29, 2021

Headliner: John Gee, Daniel Peterson, Steve Densley and Hany Tawfeek

For $3600 a person it seems like actually a pretty good deal.

I did notice a distinct lack of anything LDS related in the tour notes.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Ultimate Egypt - Interpreter Foundation Cruise Lady tour

Post by Kishkumen »

Meh. I’ll pass. I would go with DCP, but my recollection of Gee as a speaker is that he has negative charisma. That’s fine for a graduate seminar—I would gladly take a graduate seminar in Egyptology from Gee, but not a cruise or tour, thank you.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Well I missed the opportunity, drats. It will be interesting to see the write up and how many converts they baptized on tour like the early Mormon missionaries used to do... perhaps they can start a new Egyptian branch like the early Mormons did in Europe on their missions, or in New Zealand. Perhaps Midgley can find parallels with the Maori and the Egyptians thus finding the name of the King in Facsimile #3...
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:43 pm
Well I missed the opportunity, drats. It will be interesting to see the write up and how many converts they baptized on tour like the early Mormon missionaries used to do... perhaps they can start a new Egyptian branch like the early Mormons did in Europe on their missions, or in New Zealand. Perhaps Midgley can find parallels with the Maori and the Egyptians thus finding the name of the King in Facsimile #3...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

I will very likely be on a Cruise Lady cruise hosted by Dr. Peterson in the next 12 months. Not alone. Very much looking forward to good food and excellent stories.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:19 pm
I will very likely be on a Cruise Lady cruise hosted by Dr. Peterson in the next 12 months. Not alone. Very much looking forward to good food and excellent stories.
That's very exciting, Dr. Moore! I wonder if we can also anticipate behind-the-scenes violations of Church policy by the Mopologists in an effort to doxx you and/or brand you a liar?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:33 pm
Dr Moore wrote:
That's very exciting, Dr. Moore! I wonder if we can also anticipate behind-the-scenes violations of Church policy by the Mopologists in an effort to doxx you and/or brand you a liar?
I sure hope not. My plan is to bring a journal and a small recorder, so as not to miss any nuggets of insight, true history, or wisdom. Please make requests if you’d like specific attention paid to anything.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I imagine it's like high priests endlessly speculating on Mormon theology and doctrine, spurious links between the ancient world and Joseph Smith, and parallelomania galore. If DCP feels he's safe in the group, he would probably make some very large unsubstantiated claims to impress and woo them. Would be great to hear some things he says when he thinks he's not being recorded.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
I'm jealous. I couldn't talk my spouse into taking such a cruise. If I could go, though, I would eagerly do so. Moreover, I would be the best behaved cruise passenger in the group. Just want to see DCP in his element. I think it would be a blast.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:42 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:33 pm

I sure hope not. My plan is to bring a journal and a small recorder, so as not to miss any nuggets of insight, true history, or wisdom. Please make requests if you’d like specific attention paid to anything.
That sounds exciting, Dr. Moore. I assume your reports will get many more views and responses that DCP’s fifth-rate travelogue writing. It’s obviously a huge yawn for his base readership.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14