My Weekly Russell: 15) A Time to Be Born. A Time to Die. A Time to Play Golf.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Gabriel
Deacon

My Weekly Russell: 15) A Time to Be Born. A Time to Die. A Time to Play Golf.

Post by Gabriel »

“There’s an invisible force that comes with secrecy.”
“There’s an invisible force that comes with secrecy.”
Bonesmen from the University of Utah.jpg (32.85 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
https://dailyutahchronicle.com/2015/12/ ... and-bones/
The poem “A Freshman's Prayer on Thursday Night,” published in the Harkness Hoot in 1934, sums up the ambivalence felt by Yale undergraduates towards the societies:

Hear the clumping of their feet
As they go marching down the street.
Perhaps some day, if I am good,
I may be of that brotherhood.
There is something grand about a club
So few can join it, there's the rub.
And those outside are filled with awe;
What prompts such awe can have no flaw.
Oh, Lord, I pray Thee, let me be
A God in that Society.
For though I know not what they do
I greatly want to do it, too."

Gentle Reader,

In last week’s installment, Russell allowed us a bird’s eye view of his terrestrial activities in his 1979 Curriculum Vitae. By any metric, his accomplishments are manifold. Among them, we learned that he was able to get both his Bachelor’s and Medical degrees in an intense, six-year period of study in which he passed with flying colours. Even more impressive is that he was able to do so while remaining one of the most socially ubiquitous figures on campus. Indeed, with the exception of one brief row with his beloved, it was a happy time.
"Would you like a balloon, Little Girl?"
"Would you like a balloon, Little Girl?"
Excursion.jpg (103.16 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
All of Russell’s quotes are from his autobiography, From Heart to Heart (Quality Press, Inc: Russell M. Nelson. 1979) (All bolding mine.)

From his chapter: University Life and Courtship Days, p. 44
”Russell M. Nelson” wrote:In my first year at the University of Utah I joined the Sigma Chi fraternity, which proved to be a very interesting and pleasant experience. I ultimately became president of the fraternity and guided it through some interesting years. I also served as director of the group that usually won first place in the homecoming songfests competition. In retrospect, I have somewhat ambivalent feelings about fraternity life; there were some things that weren't ideal, yet many things that were very pleasant.

That year I had a leading role in the freshman play, Excursion which I enjoyed doing very much.
Since Russell’s other activities at the University of Utah are well-documented in the Utonian yearbooks online, as well as in his other biographies, I won’t list them here. Suffice it to say that Russell was a very busy young man.

From his chapter University Life and Courtship Days, p. 48
”Russell M. Nelson” wrote:University life was wonderful and successful. On April 3.1944 I was elected president of the Sigma Chi fraternity. I was also later elected to the honorary societies of Skull and Bones in the junior year, Owl and Key in the senior year, the Beehive Honorary Society in the senior year, and at graduation time to the honorary scholastic societies of Phi Kappa Phi and Phi Beta Kappa. I was awarded my B.A. degree in June commencement of 1945, and there on hand was Dantzel, along with our dear parents, brothers, sisters, and other relatives who always did so much to encourage me. Dantzel got her bachelor's degree a year later in 1946.
We will briefly touch on the Skull and Bones theme in a bit. But first I want to first share an interesting insight into Russell’s mind from the section of his book, entitled President Nathan Eldon Tanner, on p. 191
”Russell M. Nelson” wrote:Through my associations with President Tanner, I have learned a great deal about how he carries as many heavy responsibilities as he does. I have observed that once a decision has been prayerfully reached, he doesn't look back on it. He doesn't waste precious time reliving those moments, wondering what might have happened had the decision been made the other way. Always looking ahead and never backward, he has confidence that the decisions he made were the best he could make at the time, and he adheres to them.

Another lesson I have learned is that he devotes his entire energy to the matter on his mind at a particular time, and when it is time to switch his attention from that matter, he diverts it completely. When the First Presidency was in the midst of their search for a new president for Brigham Young University, he asked me to get some information and report back to him. On the Saturday morning when I was to report back, Sister Tanner said that he was out playing golf. I thought to myself, "How in the world could he be out playing golf at a time like this when he has such an important decision facing him?" Upon thinking about it a little more, though, I realized that this is typically the way President Tanner organizes his time. When it is time to think about a crucial decision, he thinks about it. When it's time to play golf, he thinks about that. I've tried to emulate his great example and learn to do things once and then move on to the next thing that needs to be done and try to do that well, never reliving or wondering what might have been.

The leaders of Salt Lake City honored President Tanner with a banquet on March 29, 1978. They presented him with the "Giant in Our City" award. It was an outstanding affair. My father had been given the assignment to produce a commemorative booklet for the occasion. Daddy did an outstanding job of publishing an attractive, brief, yet comprehensive pictorial and narrative review of the life of this great man. I was so proud of both of them. In a way I felt some degree of reciprocation for President Tanner's many kindnesses as the efforts of my father contributed significantly to the success of this important event.
When things go along swimmingly, I can see how the Tanner-Nelson-Jedi mind trick can work quite well. When things take a deep dive south, however…

But moving on...

Of the 19 professional societies listed in Russell’s CV to which he either chaired or belonged there was one that intrigued me: Timpanogos Club. First, because like many things in Russell's book, it isn't covered in his later biographies, and secondly is that he was able to do it concurrently with all his other duties as father, surgeon, traveling public speaker, flying-opening-prayer person for college presidential inaugerals in St. George, general president of the Sunday school, member and chairman of medical societies etc., etc., etc. Russell was the Timpanogos Club's president from 1977 to the end of 1978. From what little that can be gleaned online, Timpanogos Club appears to be a by-invitation-only conglomerate of “Movers and Shakers” who meet together for talks and socials. With the exception of the club’s officers, its membership also appears to be confidential -- at least online. (However, for bragging rights, they did post a historical list of its members up until the year 1965. And among a number of GA’s who joined since its inception, who but Our Hero happened to hop on board in 1957?)

According to the Historical Summary on its website:
The Timpanogos Club began on a winter day early in 1913. Samuel Russell Jr. and Preston Nibley sat in a McCormick Building office discussing the need for closer friendship with some of the men in the community, men whom they considered were accomplishing things in the city and state. They jotted down a tentative list of those to invite and Preston Nibley went up and down the street delivering those invitations….

In a talk given in 1979, Harlan Y. Hammon said about the progress of the club, “Well, we have been operating continuously for sixty-six years or two-thirds of a century. Two hundred eighty men have been admitted to membership during this time…From the old Wilson Hotel we have moved to the posh Hotel Utah Presidents Room. The quality of our membership is still surprisingly high…What amazes me is that [after] sixty-six years we are as strong and active and vital as we are.”…

When the Hotel Utah was closed in 1987, the Timpanogos Club moved the meeting place from there to the Alta Club, on the corner of State Street and South Temple, where it continues to meet monthly, except during the summer months and December.

The purposes of this club as stated in the First Quadrennial are that, “We propose to give the name Timpanogos a significance of its own. It is our purpose that it shall denote a high quality of intellect and moral strength and become a name of distinction and honor in this region.”
That’s a rather fuzzy mission statement if you ask me. The club’s by-laws and revised by-laws and later revised by-laws aren’t posted online. Was it a whites-only club? Is it still a male-only club? What about membership dues? Who knows?

It’s only for the VIPs inside to know.

Now, do I really believe that there is something sinister going at Timpanogos? No. It’s probably, at worst, just a glorified rotary club for self-important people in pursuit of mammon. And despite the "tapping" and initiation and silly rituals of Skull and Bones, with its internal network of members and alumni -- in practice, it’s the same mammon machine. And thanks, to Jeffrey Holland, we now know that man of erstwhile "fraud and deceit" belongs to the Second-Anointed Club. (Just like Our Buddy from whom we've all learned also joined on June 9th, 1974).
For those with further interest in the history of the Timpanogos Club, there are some very interesting documents available in the Archives of the University of Utah, “Timpanogos Club records, 1913-1979.”here.You may also be able to go the Marriott Library on the University of Utah campus and see the records in person.
Twenty-four-hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.

Gentle Reader, I have one last question/rant.

In Russell’s CV under the section entitled Public Service, we learn here and nowhere else that Russell had joined the Board of Directors of Zion’s First National Bank. Was he paid a stipend for this? Or did he just do it out of the kindness of his loving heart? And, coincidentally, he joined the board just as he was being promoted to an area authority for the church. If paid, would he have had to resign from the board less than four years later when he became an apostle?
”Russell M. Nelson” wrote:
General President, Sunday School, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1971 -
Board of Governors, LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1970 -
Board of Directors, Deseret Gymnasium, 1971-75
Board of Directors, Promised Valley Playhouse, 1972 -
Board of Directors, Utah Blue Shield, 1969 -72
Board of Directors, Utah Blue Cross, 1969 -72
Member, National Advisory Board of Utah Symphony, 1976 -
Board of Directors, Zions First National Bank, Salt Lake City, 1979 –
Until next week,

Do zobaczenia później! Gentle Reader!

Stańczyk

ETA: Fixed broken links, corrected a spelling error, and replaced "seven-year period of study" with "six-year period of study". (Russell attended the U. of U. from 1941-1947).
Last edited by Gabriel on Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kairos
CTR B

Re: My Weekly Russell: 15) A Time to Be Born. A Time to Die. A Time to Play Golf.

Post by kairos »

Question- is it normal for a university to have both phi beta
Kappa and phi kappa phi - I have relatives who were honored for one or the other not both?
IHAQ
God

Re: My Weekly Russell: 15) A Time to Be Born. A Time to Die. A Time to Play Golf.

Post by IHAQ »

The Timpanogos Club appears to be the epitome of a secret combination. It’s also worth noting Neal A. Maxwell was invited and joined in 1964.

https://timpanogosclub.com/club-history/membership/

It appears to be a club whose members have collectively and continually seen themselves as superior to others.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:47 am
The Timpanogos Club appears to be the epitome of a secret combination. It’s also worth noting Neal A. Maxwell was invited and joined in 1964.

https://timpanogosclub.com/club-history/membership/

It appears to be a club whose members have collectively and continually seen themselves as superior to others.
If anyone ever wants to know how glass ceilings are made, this is it. It’s not enough to be connected through family, church, and business interests, but rather these men self-segregate as ‘opportunity vectors’ that have resulted in untold power, access to decision-making institutions, and a stranglehold on various industries. Golf courses and clubs are where all deals are struck, the rest is for show. I suppose the cream of the crop rises to the top, so maybe this is just how things get done - a sort of necessary function by those who actually can get a project moved forward.

This also opens my eyes a bit to how these men view their end product users. Theres a chasm that’s uncrossable between them and the masses. They truly understand the difference between themselves and the rubes they rule over. The only way to win, if you’re not a part of the secret cabal, is not to play.

Gabriel, this revelation is actually right up there with the Doors of Death narrative. There literally exists a secret combination here in Utah that, in effect, controls regional affairs. This should stop any believing Mormon, and any person of good conscience, dead in their tracks. I’m actually disturbed by this.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:22 pm
Gabriel, this revelation is actually right up there with the Doors of Death narrative. There literally exists a secret combination here in Utah that, in effect, controls regional affairs. This should stop any believing Mormon, and any person of good conscience, dead in their tracks. I’m actually disturbed by this.

- Doc
I wonder if a more up to date membership list is available/obtainable? I note there are no women on the list that is available. I doubt the club invited black members, it might now I suppose.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:26 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:22 pm

- Doc
I wonder if a more up to date membership list is available/obtainable? I note there are no women on the list that is available. I doubt the club invited black members, it might now I suppose.
What’ll be really interesting is when Russell M. Nelson shuffles off his mortal coil will Henry Eyring (his father appears to have been a member) or NAM become the next President? In other words, does membership in the club guarantee ascension to power?

Speaking of power, now that we’re privy to Russell M. Nelson’s coup d’eglise thanks to Consigliere, wouldn’t he have sole say over his predecessor? I think so. This’ll be a very interesting development with regard to to the club’s prominence if Russell M. Nelson chooses a club member over anyone else, regardless of who’s in line or not.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

kairos wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:34 pm
Question- is it normal for a university to have both phi beta
Kappa and phi kappa phi - I have relatives who were honored for one or the other not both?
I got my undergrad degree at the University of California, Davis. My recollection is that it had both.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

From September this year…
September 23, 2021 Club Meeting
August 13, 2021 admin
We are excited to once again be together at the Alta Club for our new season of Timpanogos Club meetings! The year will begin on Thursday evening, September 23, 2021 with our guest speaker Cecil Samuelson. An MD graduate of the University of Utah Medical College, he served as Dean of the Medical School, and then IHC Hospital President. He was called as a Seventy in 1994, then served as the BYU President for 11 years, then Salt Lake Temple President for 3 years. He is renowned by BYU students who attended BYU basketball games who developed a shout out after a free throw was made, “Whoosh Cecil!” as they pointed en mass at Cec. We look forward to seeing everyone at this first meeting of the 2021-2022 season. We also hope to share a brief greeting and message to the Timpanogos Club from President Russell M. Nelson, who served as our club president in 1977.

Here is a glimpse into some additional club meetings anticipated for this fall…

President Taylor Randall–October 28, 2021. Newly named as the President of the University of Utah, we are thrilled to have Taylor join us to introduce himself to those of us who don’t yet know him, and also share with us his views of where the U is headed. A third generation U. of U. professor, Taylor holds a PhD from the Wharton School of Business and he has been Chairman of the David Eccles School of Business since 2009. His address is eagerly anticipated.

Richard Turley–November 18, 2021. He has served as Director of Public Affairs since 2016 for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A world renowned genealogist, he oversees the Church Granite Mountain Records Vault, part of the largest genealogical library in the world. He also has an extensive history background and is the author of several books and articles. His address to us will be extraordinary, we are sure.

As a reminder, while you are on our club website, we suggest that you refresh your knowledge of our rich history, and check the online directory to be sure your photo, phone and address information are up to date. As always, please look to bring a guest or guests who might have an interest in joining (as none of us were around at the inception of the Club in 1913, we are all here because we were invited by some member along the way).

We look forward to seeing you as we begin our new 2021-2022 Timpanogos Club season!
https://timpanogosclub.com/september-23 ... b-meeting/

Here is a link to their events page:
https://timpanogosclub.com/author/admin/
AUTHOR: ADMIN
November 23, 2021 Club Meeting
November 10, 2021
admin
We are pleased to have as our guest speaker Richard E. Turley. He has served as Director of Public Affairs since 2016 for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A world renowned genealogist, he oversees the Church Granite Mountain Records Vault, part of the largest genealogical library in the world. He also has an extensive history background and is the author of several books and articles. We look forward to being together to hear more about what he will have to share with us. Please note the date of Tuesday November 23, due to the Thanksgiving holiday this month.
Leave a comment
November 2, 2021 Club Meeting
October 14, 2021
admin

Taylor Randall
President Taylor Randall — Newly named as the President of the University of Utah, we are thrilled to have Taylor join us to introduce himself to those of us who don’t yet know him, and also share with us his views of where the U is headed. A third generation U. of U. professor, Taylor holds a PhD from the Wharton School of Business and he has been Chairman of the David Eccles School of Business since 2009. His address is eagerly anticipated. Please note the change from our usual schedule to Tuesday November 2, 2021.

September 23, 2021 Club Meeting
August 13, 2021
admin
We are excited to once again be together at the Alta Club for our new season of Timpanogos Club meetings! The year will begin on Thursday evening, September 23, 2021 with our guest speaker Cecil Samuelson. An MD graduate of the University of Utah Medical College, he served as Dean of the Medical School, and then IHC Hospital President. He was called as a Seventy in 1994, then served as the BYU President for 11 years, then Salt Lake Temple President for 3 years. He is renowned by BYU students who attended BYU basketball games who developed a shout out after a free throw was made, “Whoosh Cecil!” as they pointed en mass at Cec. We look forward to seeing everyone at this first meeting of the 2021-2022 season. We also hope to share a brief greeting and message to the Timpanogos Club from President Russell M. Nelson, who served as our club president in 1977.

Here is a glimpse into some additional club meetings anticipated for this fall…

President Taylor Randall–October 28, 2021. Newly named as the President of the University of Utah, we are thrilled to have Taylor join us to introduce himself to those of us who don’t yet know him, and also share with us his views of where the U is headed. A third generation U. of U. professor, Taylor holds a PhD from the Wharton School of Business and he has been Chairman of the David Eccles School of Business since 2009. His address is eagerly anticipated.

Richard Turley–November 18, 2021. He has served as Director of Public Affairs since 2016 for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A world renowned genealogist, he oversees the Church Granite Mountain Records Vault, part of the largest genealogical library in the world. He also has an extensive history background and is the author of several books and articles. His address to us will be extraordinary, we are sure.

As a reminder, while you are on our club website, we suggest that you refresh your knowledge of our rich history, and check the online directory to be sure your photo, phone and address information are up to date. As always, please look to bring a guest or guests who might have an interest in joining (as none of us were around at the inception of the Club in 1913, we are all here because we were invited by some member along the way).

We look forward to seeing you as we begin our new 2021-2022 Timpanogos Club season!
May 27, 2021 Club Meeting
May 11, 2021
admin

Mark your calendars and gas up your cars! We will meet as a Timpanogos Club on Thursday evening, May 27, at the Alta Club, for our May social. You and a guest are invited to join us that evening beginning at 6:00 PM for this annual May social event.
Because of COVID we will adhere to the following guidelines:
Please assure that your vaccination for COVID 19 has been completed for at least two weeks prior to May 27. If you have not been fully vaccinated, we ask that you not attend at the Alta Club. We are working to establish a Zoom connection so those not vaccinated can participate virtually.
Face masks must be worn in the Alta Club except for the times when we will be eating. This will apply notwithstanding attendees will have been vaccinated.
Social distancing will be observed insofar as possible. The Alta Club will only seat six at a table.
We will have a great meal and spectacular entertainment. Our entertainer will be Peter Breinholt. Peter is an accomplished musician and singer. He has recorded at least eight albums on CD over a career of almost thirty years, and performs a wide genre of music. In November 2016, Utah Governor Gary Herbert awarded Peter the Utah Governor’s Mansion Artist Award in the arts. We look forward to a wonderful evening of good food and great entertainment!
April 29, 2021 Club Meeting
April 15, 2021
admin

We are very pleased to have Coach Craig Smith, newly appointed head basketball coach of the Running Utes committed to speak to our club. To accommodate his schedule, we are changing our meeting date to Thursday, April 29, one week later than our normal date. Please update your calendars to reflect the new date for our April Zoom meeting.
Speaker: Coach Craig Smith, University of Utah head basketball coach
Date: Thursday, April 29
Time: 7:00 PM
Zoom meeting
This is a great opportunity to hear the vision of Coach Smith for U of U basketball and college basketball in general. Please join with us on Thursday, April 29.
March 25, 2021 Club Meeting
March 19, 2021
admin
Please put on your calendar our upcoming Timp Club meeting. We will meet virtually, using Zoom, one week from today, March 25, at 7:00 PM. Our speaker will be our own Sam Clark discussing “Missionary Work in the Latter Days – Let God Prevail.” It will be most interesting to have Sam’s insights into missionary work and missionaries with all that has happened in this area in the past several years.
February 24, 2021 Club Meeting
February 13, 2021
admin
Our February speaker is Mark Harlan, University of Utah Athletic Director. A conflict has arisen necessitating a change in our meeting. The PAC 12 Conference has scheduled a Utah – UCLA basketball game in Salt Lake City on our normal fourth Thursday date. We have therefore rescheduled our meeting for Wednesday evening, February 24 at 7:00 PM. Mark will give us an overview of University athletics during COVID and how well the U of U is doing (the ski team, for example, is highly regarded). Scott Kull, Deputy Athletic Director will give us an update on the new Ken Garff Performance Center scheduled to be ready for the start of football season this Fall. Please remember that this involves the reconstruction of the south end of Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Please join us (virtually, on Zoom) on Wednesday evening, February 24th at 7:00 PM for this informative and interesting meeting.
January 28, 2021 Club Meeting
January 15, 2021
admin
We are pleased to have Steve Brosvik as our speaker for January’s Club meeting. Steve was named as the new President and CEO of the Utah Symphony and Utah Opera in 2020. He has been the Chief Operating Officer of the Nashville Symphony since April 2015. In this role, he has overseen the orchestra, artistic, concert operations and production, education and community engagement, fundraising, marketing and communications teams. We are eager to hear from Steve the status of our great Utah arts organizations — the Utah Symphony and Utah Opera. Word has it that he might bring along a couple of musicians for our listening pleasure. Please join us on Zoom for this wonderful evening!
November 19, 2020 Club Meeting
November 9, 2020
admin
Our speaker at this month’s meeting will be Mark Rasmussen on the subject of understanding and using Bitcoin—will it replace the dollar anytime soon? Mark is an attorney practicing in Dallas, whose firm has been involved in uncovering illegal cyber-currency schemes. He can explain bitcoin and other cyber-currencies, so that we can learn whether it is for us.

Future Meetings

January 28, 2021—Steve Brosvik, the new CEO of the Utah Symphony/Opera. What is the status of these great Utah arts organizations? Word has it that he might bring along a couple of musicians for our listening pleasure.

February 25, 2021—Mark Harlan, Univ. Of Utah Athletic Director (tentative). Whence USA athletics, U. of U. Athletics, football, basketball and the other sports, and the U. of U. football stadium renovation?

March 25, 2021—Sam Clark, our First VP and recently returned mission president, will speak on his mission experience. A “can’t miss” evening!

April 22, 2021—Mark Pope, BYU Basketball Coach. On the season, and where next?

May 27, 2021—Spring Evening with dinner at the Alta Club with our Long-Suffering Spouses. Entertainment by Peter Brienholt.
October 29, 2020 Club Meeting
October 19, 2020
admin
Our Next Club Meeting, October 29, 2020

We will meet one week later than the usual 4th Thursday to allow for the US Presidential Debate on Oct. 22nd to be heard by us all. We are so pleased to be able to hear from Frank Pignanelli and Lavar Webb on the upcoming election and all things political. Our own Dale Zabriskie has set this up, and it should be most timely!!

Future Planned Club Meetings

November 19, 2020—Mark Rasmussen on understanding and using Bitcoin—will it replace the dollar anytime soon? Mark is an attorney practicing in Dallas, whose firm has been involved in uncovering illegal cybercurrency schemes. He can explain bitcoin and other cybercurrencies, that we can learn whether it is for us.
January 28, 2021—Steve Brosvik, the new CEO of the Utah Symphony/Opera (confirmed). What is the status of these great Utah arts organizations. Word has it that he might bring along a couple of musicians for our listening pleasure.
February 25, 2021—Mark Harlan, Univ. Of Utah Athletic Director. (tentative)– whence USA athletics, U. of U. Athletics, football, basketball and the other sports, and the U. of U. football stadium renovation?
March 25, 2021—Sam Clark, our First VP and recently returned mission president, will speak on his mission experience. A “can’t miss” evening!
April 22, 2021—Mark Pope, BYU Basketball Coach. On the season, and where next?
May 27, 2021—Spring Evening with dinner at the Alta Club with our Long-Suffering Spouses. Entertainment by Peter Brienholt

Wallie Rasmussen will let us know how and when to join in via Zoom this Oct. 29th, a Thursday. We hope you are all able to join with us for this program (being a far ranging political discussion we think we all will welcome insights into this wild, tumultuous political year.)
All the guest speakers appear to be white males.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Hrm.. Their current member roster is password protected. From past rosters, the gentlemen appear to be ascendent within their various fields of practice and expertise. For example, the current gatekeeper is:
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the Timpanogos Club, you can contact us.

Contact Tony Middleton via email: awmiddleton@msn.com

If you have suggestions, corrections or technical difficulties regarding this website, please contact the website manager, Tom Rohlfing via email: trohlfing2780@gmail.com.

Thank you!
He’s an extremely accomplished urologist with various accolades and deep connections to the LDS church. The club is an excellent venue, it appears, for networking.

- Doc
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

It’s the Mormon version of Bohemian Club.