RFM 12/14 Zoom Presentation

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

RFM 12/14 Zoom Presentation

Post by Kishkumen »

Greetings, fellow DMers!

Radio Free Mormon will be speaking on the topic of Hebrew Numerology in the Book of Mormon on Tuesday, December 14, at 6 pm PST on Zoom. He has asked that I invite you to his talk. I am doing so on the condition that you understand that the forum in which it is being delivered is not a place to explore whether Mormonism is true or false but instead to better understand Mormonism as seen in a scholarly light. It will also be the case that the audience will have a wide range of perspectives among its audience members, so we don't want the event to become an extension of debates about Mormonism being true or false. With those caveats and the prospective removal of disturbers of the peace in mind, you are hereby invited to RFM's presentation:

If you are interested in attending, please message me or consiglieri here on DM.
Last edited by Kishkumen on Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: RFM Presentation 12/14

Post by Dr. Shades »

I'd like to go, but can you at least tell us the state in which it'll take place?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Kishkumen
God

Re: RFM Presentation 12/14

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:57 pm
I'd like to go, but can you at least tell us the state in which it'll take place?
LOL! Wow. What a lapse on my part. It will be happening on Zoom.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Moksha
God

Re: RFM 12/14 Zoom Presentation

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:51 pm
With those caveats and the prospective removal of disturbers of the peace in mind, ...
So basically, we should watch the presentation and hold our questions about I Ching sticks and dice rolling for some other occasion.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:20 pm
So basically, we should watch the presentation and hold our questions about I Ching sticks and dice rolling for some other occasion.
Questions will be taken at the end of the presentation, and I am sure thoughtful questions, even those with a humorous slant, will be welcomed, but I hope people try not to be too distracting or antagonistic/disrespectful towards others.

The I Ching is an excellent topic, by the way.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I am honored to have been invited to present before this esteemed group of scholars and will endeavor to make the subject as interesting as possible.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

consiglieri wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:54 pm
I am honored to have been invited to present before this esteemed group of scholars and will endeavor to make the subject as interesting as possible.
I have no doubt that this will be a most interesting and enlightening presentation, not to mention very well presented. Radio Free Mormon is an excellent scholar of Mormonism and a very engaging speaker.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

consiglieri wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:54 pm
We look very forward to your presentation. And as Kish has noted, if you try to make it out that the Book of Mormon is true, we are ALL going to jump on you, shout, swear, and .... oh wait. :D
For the crowd: I have been to a couple of these and they are always very informative, with excellent ideas flowing and themes presented. Consiglieri is an obviously great choice! It is a great way to meet scholars as well as normal folk you have always wanted to but never have. At least it has been that way for me, and I am so grateful Kishkumen has invited me to a few of these and I have been able to attend. Hats off to Kishkumen for giving a platform for meetings of great minds and various and interesting topics. When I grow up I wanna be just like Kish...
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Numerology is nothing like coming face to face with the Brethren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSV9S2Ol3bc
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:15 pm
For the crowd: I have been to a couple of these and they are always very informative, with excellent ideas flowing and themes presented. Consiglieri is an obviously great choice! It is a great way to meet scholars as well as normal folk you have always wanted to but never have. At least it has been that way for me, and I am so grateful Kishkumen has invited me to a few of these and I have been able to attend. Hats off to Kishkumen for giving a platform for meetings of great minds and various and interesting topics. When I grow up I wanna be just like Kish...
LOL! When *I* grow up, I am going to pull a moving van up to Philo’s house in the dead of night and cart away his personal library. That’s how high falutin’ I am!