Merry Christmas!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:08 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:39 pm
…Thanks for the opportunity to offer up our individual expressions of faith/belief in this thread. :D
:roll:
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:52 pm
…among a bunch of godless disbelievers with some blasphemers thrown in to boot....
there’s the #2 we know and love! : D
Gadianton wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:42 pm
…It doesn't really matter who claimed December 25th first, obviously it wasn't Jesus, but cultures have evolved to find meaning on this day near solstice and the year end, and if we presently call it "Christmas" as a cultural artifact, I see no issues here. I'm happy that I can say "Merry Christmas" to just about anyone and the hearer does the needed translation.
Same. Most people are generous in this respect, IME.

Merry Christmas!
I still think you are Lemmie 2.0. The cut and pasting/distortion of actual meaning within context and setting up a false strawman/argument seems to be dead give away.

I’ve heard of females taking male names as they change personas. Not saying that you are definitely her, but you sure do act and behave like her. I haven’t seen her around here lately…

But I could be wrong.

Regards,
MG
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:20 pm
As one of the resident non-atheist (heretical) Christians on this board, I wish you all a Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas you you and your family. Wishing you the best.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:08 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:39 pm
…Thanks for the opportunity to offer up our individual expressions of faith/belief in this thread. :D
:roll:
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:52 pm
…among a bunch of godless disbelievers with some blasphemers thrown in to boot....
there’s the #2 we know and love! : D
Gadianton wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:42 pm
…It doesn't really matter who claimed December 25th first, obviously it wasn't Jesus, but cultures have evolved to find meaning on this day near solstice and the year end, and if we presently call it "Christmas" as a cultural artifact, I see no issues here. I'm happy that I can say "Merry Christmas" to just about anyone and the hearer does the needed translation.
Same. Most people are generous in this respect, IME.

Merry Christmas!
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:52 pm
I still think you are Lemmie 2.0. The cut and pasting/distortion of actual meaning within context and setting up a false strawman/argument seems to be dead give away.
: D. And others think I'm a mod. But seriously, if you're going to identity posters by their techniques, then your definition of "setting up a false argument" needs some serious work. I quoted you! What additional context do you suppose would make it acceptable for you to define people here as "a bunch of godless disbelievers with some blasphemers thrown in to boot.... ???
I’ve heard of females taking male names as they change personas. Not saying that you are definitely her, but you sure do act and behave like her. I haven’t seen her around here lately…

But I could be wrong....
please, tell us more what you've "heard" about "females taking male names as they change personas." i'm sure there's a fascinating story behind that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But please, start your own thread on that and stop muddying the waters here. This is the place simply to wish:

Merry Christmas to all!
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:07 pm
And a Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating the Winter solstice, the symbolic end of death. May we all look forward to the rebirth of the world as the days grow longer and life wakes from its slumber.

- Doc
This.

Merry Christmas.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:43 pm
And regardless of any actual connection, I like to remember that it is tomorrow that the world celebrates the Unconquered Sun, Sol Invictus!

And this. I love it.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Merry Mithras everybody! What a joyous time of the year to welcome the Sol Invictus back to getting brighter and brighter until that fateful June day when it once again gets to wane until dead in December, but then come on back now ya hear? Ah the tidal flow of light and dark, what's not to love in the worldwide mythologcal discussions, stories, monographs, books, articles, words, songs, philosophical tracts, edicts, declarations, revelations, dissertations, and jibes? Don't tell me mythology has nothing to do with reality, when, in point of fact, it is the reality... Merry Christmas all! May the holy mythology shine upon us all.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

The snow ❄️ Is falling fast outside of where I am sitting on my couch this Christmas Eve of 2021.

As midnight fast approaches, and the holiness of this night nears its apex, I wish all of you the very best of the season and for a merry and prosperous new year!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

consiglieri wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:45 am
The snow ❄️ Is falling fast outside of where I am sitting on my couch this Christmas Eve of 2021.

As midnight fast approaches, and the holiness of this night nears its apex, I wish all of you the very best of the season and for a merry and prosperous new year!
Merry Christmas to you too, consiglieri! And a Happy New Year!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

msnobody wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:40 pm
Merry Christmas you you and your family. Wishing you the best.
Merry Christmas, msnobody!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!!!

Just had a cup of christmas coffee and am going to be making some waffles, eggs, and bacon for the family.

I hope everyone is taking some time to enjoy the moment and enjoy the good things in life.

Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.