Merry Christmas!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Merry Christmas!

Post by Kishkumen »

As one of the resident non-atheist (heretical) Christians on this board, I wish you all a Merry Christmas!!!

Last edited by Kishkumen on Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
malkie
God

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by malkie »

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Reverend!!!

And to all believers and non-believers on the board, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or whatever greeting makes you happy.

I wish you all what you would wish yourselves.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

malkie wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:32 pm
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Reverend!!!

And to all believers and non-believers on the board, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or whatever greeting makes you happy.

I wish you all what you would wish yourselves.
Thank you, malkie! May you enjoy this holiday season with your loved ones!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Lately I have been most interested in the Magi who find the baby Jesus by following a star:

Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

The Magi recall (in my mind) the party of Tiridates and his Magi who came to Rome for Nero's crowning of Tiridates in 66 CE.

According to the third century CE historian Cassius Dio, Tiridates, upon receiving his crown, compared Nero to the god Mithras.

Pliny the Elder reports that after the crowning, Nero was initiated into the banquets of the Magi.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

And regardless of any actual connection, I like to remember that it is tomorrow that the world celebrates the Unconquered Sun, Sol Invictus!

Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:20 pm
As one of the resident non-atheist (heretical) Christians on this board, I wish you all a Merry Christmas!!!
I wish you and all our fellow residents on this board a Merry Christmas also.

(These divisions by belief only seem to matter to mg2, based on last night's conversation, as he apparently needs them in order to determine how to treat people. Let's not let him divide us.)
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:52 pm
It’s not like you’re going to wish everyone a Merry Christmas by default, right?

We’ll have to see if a thread is started wishing everyone a Merry Christmas! If there is one, I’m afraid of where it might go among a bunch of godless disbelievers with some blasphemers thrown in to boot....

Regards,
MG
Fence Sitter
2nd Counselor

Post by Fence Sitter »

Merry Xmas to you Reverend and to everyone else.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:13 pm
Merry Xmas to you Reverend and to everyone else.
Merry Christmas!!!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:52 pm

I wish you and all our fellow residents on this board a Merry Christmas also.

(These divisions by belief only seem to matter to mg2, based on last night's conversation, as he apparently needs them in order to determine how to treat people. Let's not let him divide us.)
Very true, Marcus. Merry Christmas!