midgley has a problem with sensitivity

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Re: midgley has a problem with sensitivity

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:56 pm
Louis Midgley 2 hours ago

When my wife and I lived in Austria for months, the local university people in Salzburg denied knowing a thing about Mauthausen. But they would also tell us a few minutes later that one could tell when Russian POW's were being burned since they had a better diet and the smoke had a different smell.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5675813758
I think he's just a brutal pig who thinks nothing of repeating disgusting rumors. Anyone who isn't a Mormon is less than human to him, so he has no problem disparaging them.
Wow: Dr. Peterson upvoted that comment, too!
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:02 pm
Marcus wrote:

I think he's just a brutal pig who thinks nothing of repeating disgusting rumors. Anyone who isn't a Mormon is less than human to him, so he has no problem disparaging them.
He's chuckling at this thread right now.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:51 pm
Another piece of evidence is found here:
Louis Midgley > The Last Danite
8 days ago

See my remarks about Pacific Islanders, above. The problem is that with the food that had been available before they were colonized, they had a fat season and a slim season. Then came those delicious pigs and it was always a fat season. The Church is currently making a serious effort to teach a bit of WofW about shoveling food in by Pacific Islanders. There are two problems: (1) the food is really good, and (2) eating it is often a family/community affair.
The lds church is currently engaged in the effort to 'teach' pacific islanders not to 'shovel food in'?
Louis Midgley > Sam LeFevre
8 days ago

Wow! The Brethren have been working hard to get Pacific Islanders to cut back a lot on eating. Sam understands the serious problem. Get that fat pig ready for the umu.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5662773559
I am very curious why the lds church considers that they have a right to dictate what the Māori eating habits should be.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

All entirely consistent with a man who, according to a first hand account shared with me, gleefully enjoyed slapping young women in the ward on the back so hard as to cause pain, or squeezing too hard in handshakes until the girls would yell "ouch." Those young women are now adults who remember, and they talk with one another, and they talk with others too. The man left an impression and it was absolutely, 100% not healthy or positive, to say nothing of a Christlike example towards women.

I was recently sent a photo by one of those women, who visited her family for the holidays (near the home ward where Louis still lives). She snapped a photo of Midgley's "pale green mold" colored home and texted it to me with a message: "Behold, the house of Lou Midgley: it still scares me. He is still a caricature of the grumpy old man, that jackass."

There's a wake of pain and recollection of violent superiority in Lou Midgley's prideful walk through Mormonism. He ought to consider using his latter years to find ways of making amends.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Louis Midgley wrote:I wrote my PhD on Paul Tillich....
Oh good Lord, not again! Of all the people with Phds I'm aware of in the world posting online, his is the only one I know the topic of because he talks about it nonstop, and it was forever ago. He probably got it before DCP was even born. I almost feel like I was there when he wrote it.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:13 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:51 pm
Another piece of evidence is found here:

The lds church is currently engaged in the effort to 'teach' pacific islanders not to 'shovel food in'?
Louis Midgley > Sam LeFevre
8 days ago

Wow! The Brethren have been working hard to get Pacific Islanders to cut back a lot on eating. Sam understands the serious problem. Get that fat pig ready for the umu.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5662773559
I am very curious why the lds church considers that they have a right to dictate what the Māori eating habits should be.
The same reasoning for being able to tell Louis Midgley where to keep his little penis and where not to put it.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:53 pm
Louis Midgley wrote:I wrote my PhD on Paul Tillich....
Oh good Lord, not again! Of all the people with Phds I'm aware of in the world posting online, his is the only one I know the topic of because he talks about it nonstop, and it was forever ago. He probably got it before DCP was even born. I almost feel like I was there when he wrote it.
It would be vastly superb and superior if we could find out how many have even bothered looking at it, let alone reading it, utilizing it for improving their own lives and intellects, and so on and so forth. You are right though, Midgley brings this up constantly, perhaps because he knows no one at all, anywhere, whether in Provo, Utah or Frankfort, the capitol of Kentucky, Perth Australia or Dusseldorf Germany, let alone Starosiedle, Poland where Tillich was born, gives a rat's ass about what Lou Midgley wrote, and it is in such obscurity that he hopes by constantly harping on it, perhaps someone out of the billions of us alive may perhaps someday when we are bored off our ass, might read it.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:37 pm
All entirely consistent with a man who, according to a first hand account shared with me, gleefully enjoyed slapping young women in the ward on the back so hard as to cause pain, or squeezing too hard in handshakes until the girls would yell "ouch." Those young women are now adults who remember, and they talk with one another, and they talk with others too. The man left an impression and it was absolutely, 100% not healthy or positive, to say nothing of a Christlike example towards women.

I was recently sent a photo by one of those women, who visited her family for the holidays (near the home ward where Louis still lives). She snapped a photo of Midgley's "pale green mold" colored home and texted it to me with a message: "Behold, the house of Lou Midgley: it still scares me. He is still a caricature of the grumpy old man, that jackass."

There's a wake of pain and recollection of violent superiority in Lou Midgley's prideful walk through Mormonism. He ought to consider using his latter years to find ways of making amends.
It would be better if he just konked off and became dirt. Die already and fart dust you stupid, arrogant old buzzard, your doing no good alive for anyone. Your wife is tapping her foot in hell waiting for you so she can make you do the dishes now as your eternal reward for being a prick all your life.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:02 pm
Marcus wrote:

An insensitive asshole upvoting a brutal Mormon pig... that's about par for the course over there.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:01 pm
At a minimum, does anyone think there is any way to get this Mormon, this lds church member, this emeritus BYU professor, to STOP describing Jews killed during the Holocaust as those who "went up the stack" ??????
It could be that Dr. Midgley speaks in such a horrendous manner about Holocaust victims in order to boost his LDS apologist bona fides.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace