RFM & Bill Reel Just DESTROYED the 2 Cumorah Hill Theory Tonight

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: RFM & Bill Reel Just DESTROYED the 2 Cumorah Hill Theory Tonight

Post by Dr Exiled »

It was a great show for sure. Next week should be even better, however, when Consig and Bill Reel rip apart the second watson letter fabrication.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:11 pm
It was a great show for sure. Next week should be even better, however, when Consig and Bill Reel rip apart the second watson letter fabrication.
You either must not post in the chat, or else do so under another name. I sure hope you aren't Maven... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:18 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
You either must not post in the chat, or else do so under another name. I sure hope you aren't Maven... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't get it. Did I miss something?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:48 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:18 pm

I don't get it. Did I miss something?
Sorry, I am just imagining if you are not her, she is a lot better looking than you are. If you are her, then let me be the first to tell you how beautiful you are.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr Exiled wrote:
My wife and ai just watched the show tonight. It was the perfect set up for next week’s episode. I think we’ll catch the live version. Consig’s comment irt DCP’s character, “what little he has left” was generous. :lol:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:02 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
My wife and ai just watched the show tonight. It was the perfect set up for next week’s episode. I think we’ll catch the live version. Consig’s comment irt DCP’s character, “what little he has left” was generous. :lol:

- Doc
Ill probably catch it live if not busy with family. If DCP caught wind of consig's comment, he'll be listening too. Of course he'll downplay it, pretending it's beneath him.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:50 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:02 am

- Doc
Ill probably catch it live if not busy with family. If DCP caught wind of consig's comment, he'll be listening too. Of course he'll downplay it, pretending it's beneath him.
Well he and Lou Midgley have several concentration camps to study up on. They are seeing who can guess closer the number of bricks in each stack they love to larp on the Jews going up during the Holocaust. The bigger the number of bricks in those chimneys the more spiritual they feel the Holy Ghost being in their righteous breasts.
sock puppet
High Priest

Post by sock puppet »

Dr Exiled wrote:
It will be a WWF-style smack-down of DCP who saw the second watson letter "with his own eyes" while holding it "in his own hands."
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

sock puppet wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:57 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
It will be a WWF-style smack-down of DCP who saw the second watson letter "with his own eyes" while holding it "in his own hands."
Didn't the second letter go missing in the office of one of the apologists? (I don't think it was DCP's, but I don't remember whose it was.)

I wonder if anyone has made a serious effort to find it, especially since it seems to be an important document.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
sock puppet
High Priest

Post by sock puppet »

malkie wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:32 pm
sock puppet wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:57 pm

Didn't the second letter go missing in the office of one of the apologists? (I don't think it was DCP's, but I don't remember whose it was.)

I wonder if anyone has made a serious effort to find it, especially since it seems to be an important document.
It turns out that the "2nd Watson Letter" never really was such. All that Matt Roper provided to Dr. Smith in early 2010 when the NAMIRS office was moving was an unsigned fax sent by a Carla Ogden to NAMIRS, the text of which was simply a word-for-word lift from a couple of paragraphs from Ludlow's Encyclopedia of Mormonism. David A. Palmer, “Cumorah,” in Encyclopedia of Mormonism, ed. Daniel H. Ludlow (New York, NY: Macmillan, 1992), 1:346–34. Ogden was a non-ecclesiastical administrative assistant to Watson. Whereas the first (and only) Watson letter was signed by Michael F. Watson, a set-apart, GA working in the office of and for the First Presidency.

DCP claimed to have seen the so-called second Watson letter "with his own eyes" and held it "in his own hands", and claimed others at NAMIRS had too. DCP persisted for weeks in December 2009 in such claims over at MD&D, until Bill Hamblin disabused DCP of the notion, and explained the only "retraction" of the first (and only) Watson letter on the topic was the Carla Ogden fax.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats