RFM & Bill Reel Just DESTROYED the 2 Cumorah Hill Theory Tonight

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Re: RFM & Bill Reel Just DESTROYED the 2 Cumorah Hill Theory Tonight

Post by Bought Yahoo »

sock puppet wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:50 pm
Bought Yahoo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:10 pm

Have you seen my paper analyzing the second fax? Lots of problems with it. https://bobcrockettlaw.com/wp-content/u ... graphy.pdf. I personally think it was constructed after the fact by somebody who lost the original. The most telling problems: Brent Hall has never authenticated this document when he could have easily done so, and there is no fax strip.

Also I call into question the use of proportional fonts for a document that old.
For some reason, I think I did read that before, or at least your expression of those concepts. I think the First Presidency was using a computer word processing with proportional fonts in 1990. Here at least is a 1989 letter that also shows it. http://charsroots.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... etter.html
That is very helpful; I'll adjust my paper. Thanks.
sock puppet
High Priest

Post by sock puppet »

Apparently the COB was using some pretty advanced technology for the time. In my office, I didn't have a word processor that could do right justification (which requires proportional spacing) until about 1992 or 1993.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:12 pm
sock puppet wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:50 pm

For some reason, I think I did read that before, or at least your expression of those concepts. I think the First Presidency was using a computer word processing with proportional fonts in 1990. Here at least is a 1989 letter that also shows it. http://charsroots.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... etter.html
That is very helpful; I'll adjust my paper. Thanks.
I just finished up my second read of your paper. I’m surprised you haven’t been a target of Mopologetic hate and rage; perhaps it’s because your paper hasn’t gotten widespread attention like the CES letter, I don’t know. I’m also surprised you somehow regained your faith in the Brighamite sect of the Mormon faith. Anyway. After reading your paper again I’m reminded of the sheer absurdity of the claim that it’s historical in the literal sense.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

sock puppet wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:20 pm
Apparently the COB was using some pretty advanced technology for the time. In my office, I didn't have a word processor that could do right justification (which requires proportional spacing) until about 1992 or 1993.
WordPerfect for DOS, which they almost certainly were using, had proportional fonts in the mid 1980s.
cinepro
CTR B

Post by cinepro »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:20 pm
WordPerfect for DOS, which they almost certainly were using, had proportional fonts in the mid 1980s.

That was my first thought too. How could they not use Wordperfect?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_C._Ashton
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

cinepro wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:13 pm
Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:20 pm

Interesting (from the wiki entry):
The California Proposition 8 campaign announced that a $1 million donation to support Proposition 8 was given by Ashton. The donation was reported by the Proposition 8 campaign on October 28, 2008. Ashton's former business partner Bastian gave $1 million to oppose Proposition 8.
Sad.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:11 am
cinepro wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:13 pm

The California Proposition 8 campaign announced that a $1 million donation to support Proposition 8 was given by Ashton. The donation was reported by the Proposition 8 campaign on October 28, 2008. Ashton's former business partner Bastian gave $1 million to oppose Proposition 8.
Sad.

- Doc
Imaging hating gays so much that you spend $1 million to oppose them, just in time for God to allow them to marry nationally a few years later.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:41 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:11 am

Sad.

- Doc
Imaging hating gays so much that you spend $1 million to oppose them, just in time for God to allow them to marry nationally a few years later.
Maybe Hinckley was running a 2-for-1 deal on tithing at that time. Or maybe he was able to get a second anointing as an inducement.

"Step right up, step right up! I'll guarantee your eternal salvation for the low, low price of $1 million to a hate campaign! Do I have a deal?"
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:04 pm
Folks, the Hill Cumorah in which Smith's story took place was in New York and the Book of Mormon landing took place down on the peninsula called Delmarva. I know it! Joseph Smith knows it! And God knows it!
There is an overwhelming need for somebody to bear their testimony of Delmarva over at Mormonism Live with Bill Reel and RFM. Someone who knows the details and could expound on them with strength in the navel. Someone who could nourish and strengthen the mind of all listeners who partake of the podcast. Stand forth and bear witness!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:31 am
Shulem wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:04 pm
Folks, the Hill Cumorah in which Smith's story took place was in New York and the Book of Mormon landing took place down on the peninsula called Delmarva. I know it! Joseph Smith knows it! And God knows it!
There is an overwhelming need for somebody to bear their testimony of Delmarva over at Mormonism Live with Bill Reel and RFM. Someone who knows the details and could expound on them with strength in the navel. Someone who could nourish and strengthen the mind of all listeners who partake of the podcast. Stand forth and bear witness!

You got that right, what a disappointment. All that RFM talk about Cumorah and 1st & 2nd letters from a Church Presidency and nothing about the land of Nephi at Delmarva. Not a word was spoken. Not even the Backyard Professor has caught the vision, yet. And Crockett can't seem to understand how I explained a simple map as given by Joseph Smith through his Nephite writers. (Sigh) The only person who has got on board with eyes opened is Simon Southernton who is smart enough to connect the dots and see that I've put the Nephite puzzle together and Delmarva is the real picture in which Smith was looking. A wonderful gift was given to this board by Joseph Smith through me and few can see it. It's sad.

:(