RFM & Bill Reel Just DESTROYED the 2 Cumorah Hill Theory Tonight

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: RFM & Bill Reel Just DESTROYED the 2 Cumorah Hill Theory Tonight

Post by consiglieri »

A prophet is not without honor…
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

consiglieri wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:07 pm
A prophet is not without honor…
In France.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:26 pm
Moksha wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:31 am

There is an overwhelming need for somebody to bear their testimony of Delmarva over at Mormonism Live with Bill Reel and RFM. Someone who knows the details and could expound on them with strength in the navel. Someone who could nourish and strengthen the mind of all listeners who partake of the podcast. Stand forth and bear witness!

You got that right, what a disappointment. All that RFM talk about Cumorah and 1st & 2nd letters from a Church Presidency and nothing about the land of Nephi at Delmarva. Not a word was spoken. Not even the Backyard Professor has caught the vision, yet. And Crockett can't seem to understand how I explained a simple map as given by Joseph Smith through his Nephite writers. (Sigh) The only person who has got on board with eyes opened is Simon Southernton who is smart enough to connect the dots and see that I've put the Nephite puzzle together and Delmarva is the real picture in which Smith was looking. A wonderful gift was given to this board by Joseph Smith through me and few can see it. It's sad.

:(
Are you looking at Bill's Facebook thread? - https://www.Facebook.com/bill.reel.7/po ... %2CO%2CP-R

I just made a comment to confirm that he was aware of the Delmava peninsula geography.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

malkie wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:02 pm
Are you looking at Bill's Facebook thread? - https://www.Facebook.com/bill.reel.7/po ... %2CO%2CP-R

I just made a comment to confirm that he was aware of the Delmava peninsula geography.

Well, thanks for that. Maybe Reel will catch wind of it and want to know more. Or maybe he already knows about it, I don't know. Frankly, the bit about the apologists and their stupid lost letter is hardly relevant or of little consequence compared to nailing down Joseph Smith's land of Nephi and using a model that actually works within the framework of what Smith knew and understood about his world around him when he dictated the story beginning with Martin Harris. Cumorah was in Smith's own backyard and the land of Nephi was not too far south. Why the hell can't critics wake up and smell the fresh roasted coffee that Shulem has provided them, compliments of Joe Smith my new friend on the other end? lol

It's the bomb of bombs when it comes to dropping them on Mormonism and people around here are too slow or distracted to realize it. My God, what do I have to do? Yell? Scream? Repeat it for 15 years before people wakeup and realize Shulem nailed it?
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:42 pm
malkie wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:02 pm

Well, thanks for that. Maybe Reel will catch wind of it and want to know more. Or maybe he already knows about it, I don't know. Frankly, the bit about the apologists and their stupid lost letter is hardly relevant or of little consequence compared to nailing down Joseph Smith's land of Nephi and using a model that actually works within the framework of what Smith knew and understood about his world around him when he dictated the story beginning with Martin Harris. Cumorah was in Smith's own backyard and the land of Nephi was not too far south. Why the hell can't critics wake up and smell the fresh roasted coffee that Shulem has provided them, compliments of Joe Smith my new friend on the other end? lol

It's the bomb of bombs when it comes to dropping them on Mormonism and people around here are too slow or distracted to realize it. My God, what do I have to do? Yell? Scream? Repeat it for 15 years before people wakeup and realize Shulem nailed it?
In one sense I agree with you - the impact of Delmarva vs upper NY/ lower Canada is probably greater when it comes to explaining how a putative Book of Mormon geography could be constructed from a real piece of North America. OTOH, the name coincidences in the upper NY/ lower Canada model are compelling.

However, the Watson Letter fiasco is a horse of a different colour. Superficially it deals a Book of Mormon geography issue, but at its root is an apologetic effort that looks fake and clumsy - a comedy of errors.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

malkie wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:14 pm
In one sense I agree with you - the impact of Delmarva vs upper NY/ lower Canada is probably greater when it comes to explaining how a putative Book of Mormon geography could be constructed from a real piece of North America. OTOH, the name coincidences in the upper NY/ lower Canada model are compelling.

However, the Watson Letter fiasco is a horse of a different colour. Superficially it deals a Book of Mormon geography issue, but at its root is an apologetic effort that looks fake and clumsy - a comedy of errors.

I believe Smith borrowed names from upper NY/lower Canada maps and used them for his novel. He looked around and gleaned what he felt he needed to make his story seem real and legitimate.

Yeah, the Watson comedy is really not very consequential and only carries so much mileage. Lehi's landing at the bottom of Delmarva is absolutely the worst fears the apologists can possibly imagine. The apologists are not going to want to consider it but the world most certainly will because it makes absolute sense given all the explaining I did in my Delmarva thread.

I'm glad you see the value in it. Thanks.
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

I'm willing to consider your Delmonico's theory but I don't see it. Did Lehi land in Maryland?
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

2 Cumorah's
2 Watson letters
Which duo next?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:49 am
2 Cumorah's
2 Watson letters
Which duo next?
The 2 Mormon prophets who die in Jerusalem and lay in the streets for 3 days before coming back to life in the last days...
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:52 am
I'm willing to consider your Delmonico's theory but I don't see it. Did Lehi land in Maryland?

Don’t bother. I have nothing to say to you ever again. I’m done with you. Say whatever you want and whenever. I will not respond to you ever again. I mean that. You don’t exist. You are going on ignore!