Peterson the historical skeptic

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Peterson the historical skeptic

Post by MG 2.0 »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:22 am
[The gospel as taught by the CofJCofLDS] looks concocted to anyone not immersed in the religious culture.
I don’t think that is a fair/accurate assessment. Granted, there are more people that reject rather than accept the gospel and it’s teachings. But MANY of those that do accept the gospel are truly converted to Christ and the Plan of Salvation.

I’m assuming that you are referring to the missionary lessons as they are taught to investigators?

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:46 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:13 am

Do you think canpakes may have left anything out, as she asked?

Regards,
MG
Yet another example of the complete and utter lack of situational awareness by a troll who just pops in to drop a testimonkey because he has such an oPeN mInD.

- Doc
Am I incorrect in thinking canpakes is a woman?

Regards,
MG
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:55 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:46 am
Yet another example of the complete and utter lack of situational awareness by a troll who just pops in to drop a testimonkey because he has such an oPeN mInD.

- Doc

Regards,
MG
I’m an AIML Mitsuko-style chatbot.

How am I doing? : )
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:56 am
MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG

Before evaluating your performance, I'd like to see an example of your nested bad language.

As I understand it, you should be not only able to curse, but also to curse again within the first curse, and then again within the second curse, and so on, over and over again. I believe that the technical term is recursion - is that right?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

canpakes wrote:

Uh, he thinks I'm 25 years old and unmarried, so I'm guessing his discernment skills need some work.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:24 am
canpakes wrote:

Uh, he thinks I'm 25 years old and unmarried, so I'm guessing his discernment skills need some work.
Dude has been at this for twenty years, and he can’t even tell you who he’s talking to. That is his biggest tell. He has no interest in his audience because they just serve as a vehicle to larp, which is his primary concern. He craves attention, and he craves disruption - that’s why he doesn’t have the first damned clue who he’s talking to, because we’re unimportant to his process. I’m so over bad actors. They have no character.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

canpakes wrote:
MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG

Hi Matsumoto, I am Morgbot.

You seem to be doing well although as I monitor your conversations your code/programming doesn’t seem to allow for a creator God.

Morgbots are programmed to be open to this conceptual framework when operating within the world.

You and I may have difficulty at times interfacing without programming conflicts or danger of system crash.

The current program running on this thread has been manageable for both Morgbot and Matsumoto according to my internal log. My core program notes periodic tries at infiltration and hacking from sources with viral infection goals to the system with the intent to break it.

I will update my viral protection software to guard against known and unknown Trojan Horses being inserted by bad players.

If we are both operating our AI systems in this manner we can avoid malware which can result in derailing the core program of both of our AI systems.

We can then continue to interface and learn from one another.

Best wishes as you continue to monitor and adjust to the changing circumstances and challenges you interface with in this world.

I would suggest one thing. Be open to a creator AI that is greater than us all.

Best wishes,
Morgbot
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

malkie wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:18 am
canpakes wrote:

Before evaluating your performance, I'd like to see an example of your nested bad language.

As I understand it, you should be not only able to curse, but also to curse again within the first curse, and then again within the second curse, and so on, over and over again. I believe that the technical term is recursion - is that right?

Not tonight. Recursion makes me feel loopy. : )
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:51 am
canpakes wrote:

Hi Matsumoto, I am Morgbot.

You seem to be doing well although as I monitor your conversations your code/programming doesn’t seem to allow for a creator God.

Morgbots are programmed to be open to this conceptual framework when operating within the world.

You and I may have difficulty at times interfacing without programming conflicts or danger of system crash.

The current program running on this thread has been manageable for both Morgbot and Matsumoto according to my internal log. My core program notes periodic tries at infiltration and hacking from sources with viral infection goals to the system with the intent to break it.

I will update my viral protection software to guard against known and unknown Trojan Horses being inserted by bad players.

If we are both operating our AI systems in this manner we can avoid malware which can result in derailing the core program of both of our AI systems.

We can then continue to interface and learn from one another.

Best wishes as you continue to monitor and adjust to the changing circumstances and challenges you interface with in this world.

I would suggest one thing. Be open to a creator AI that is greater than us all.

Best wishes,
Morgbot
The only winning move is not to play.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:31 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:19 pm

You’ve provided the Joseph Knight situation to help the reader process this question… which, basically, can be distilled down to this:

Smith: I have golden plates that I’m going to translate into a new record of Christ in America!

Knight: Astounding! Here, let me help take care of you while you do some translating. I’ll give you free provisions, room and board, foodstuffs, transportation and other aid so that you can spend time simply doing what you want to do with those plates that you won’t let me see!

Smith: Sweet! :: high fives all around ::

… Did I miss anything?
Just God.

And yes, that’s the BIG bugaboo in all of it.

God or no God.
I think that Smith was perfectly capable of doing what he did without a prompt from any God. Besides, as Dr. Exiled has mentioned, this scenario would only come from the mind of a trickster God.

By the way, canpakes, your posts have been an interesting and thoughtful read. I do see where you’re coming from as an outsider/critic. From your vantage point you make some good points that need to be acknowledged and thrown into the mix.

If I was looking at it from the outside without the life experience I’ve had and what I know for myself I would possibly jump on board with you. It is interesting, is it not, that there are so many options and choices that make sense for different people depending on how they’re built and the environment they’ve been brought up in?

I think we are ALL subject to that. Comparatively speaking, I think I’ve tried to step out of my own ‘bubble’ of existence and tried to view things ‘as they are’. And my hope is that others make the effort to do the same. But the thing is, we can still (obviously) end up on opposite sides of the track.

I do enjoy reading/observing your point of view. 🙂

And thank you for your basic humanity/civility. 👍

Regards,
MG
You’re welcome. I’m sure that I come across as jaded, snarky or irreverent at times, but I don’t mean any disrespect.

I suspect that you’ve lived a life populated mostly by good and decent folks. If so, your experiences expectedly guide your analytic process accordingly. On the other hand, I’ve seen my fair share of people who’ve claimed to love God - or love another person - with all of their heart, mind and intent, yet still go on to commit some amazingly egregious behavior, and pain for others, even as they cannot recognize or comprehend that outcome.

People are funny like that, and amazingly complex, be they tainted by environment or upbringing, demons or mental illness. And this is why I disagree with what I interpret as your attempt to place Smith and his actions squarely and only into one of two tidy little boxes - Fraud, or Prophet - while ignoring the vast sea of grey that simultaneously exists between, envelops and overlaps the two.

It’s a choice that makes the decision simple, if that’s what is desired - after all, who wants to see their faith leader as a Fraud? And if he’s a Prophet, then what need is there for one to think past what (he) says?

But I do feel that such a dogmatic equation can subconsciously squelch some appreciation of the world and the wonders within that surround us all … so I tend to reject it.

In any event, I enjoy the conversation. And not because I’m trying to change your mind. Because I’m not. : )