Peterson the historical skeptic

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Peterson the historical skeptic

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:38 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:20 pm
… I’ve looked at other possibilities, one being pious fraud. For a number of reasons as I looked at this alternative I found that it didn’t fit what I could see from the historical record and also looking from a bird’s eye view of what occurred as a result.
:roll:

You wanna know how I know MG hasn’t read No Man Knows My History? ^

“Joseph could with a certain honesty inveigh against adultery in the same week that he slept with another man's wife, or indeed several men's wives, because he had interposed a very special marriage ceremony. And who was to say him nay, since in the gentile world the simple pronouncement of a few time-word phrases by any justice of peace was all that was necessary to transform fornication into blessed matrimony. The spoken word stood between him and his own guilt. And with Joseph the word was God.” (Pg. 308)

The level of B.S. coming out of MG’s fingertips is massive, continuous, and will never stop. It’s not even psychologically fascinating any more because it’s pathological. I think it’s safe to say MG and Joseph Smith are cut from the same cloth, which isn’t at all a compliment.

- Doc
What doubtingthomas said.

And again, yes, I read No Man Knows My History. Probably years before you did.

And no, I didn’t think much of Nibley’s response. It was rather lacking in my opinion.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Re: Peterson the historical skeptic

Post by MG 2.0 »

malkie wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:43 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:20 pm
I’ve enjoyed the last couple days discussion. With you mainly. The other stuff has been more or less static and noise. I enjoyed the input of a few other posters also. A few that I hadn’t interacted with before. Malkie, I enjoyed our back and forth also. 🙂

Off for now.

Regards,
MG
Unfortunately, MG, I didn't enjoy it - not much at all. I'm much less likely to interact with you in the future.

But that's just me.
I’m sorry to hear that.

Regards,
MG