"The Book of Mormon surpasses all known pseudo-archaic writings in breadth and depth of archaism"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: "The Book of Mormon surpasses all known pseudo-archaic writings in breadth and depth of archaism"

Post by drumdude »

I suppose I should mention my bona-fides as a card carrying Jesus University Gadianton Scholar, earned through the This Is The Show correspondence degree program.
Hagoth
Nursery

Re: "The Book of Mormon surpasses all known pseudo-archaic writings in breadth and depth of archaism"

Post by Hagoth »

Wake me up when there's a peer reviewed paper about Book of Mormon archaeology.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:24 pm
Haven’t you heard? The only scholars who can peer review Book of Mormon scholarship are Book of Mormon sChOlArs. I’ll let you guess which smooth brained apologist crapped that little nugget out.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:53 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:24 pm
Haven’t you heard? The only scholars who can peer review Book of Mormon scholarship are Book of Mormon sChOlArs. I’ll let you guess which smooth brained apologist crapped that little nugget out.

- Doc

"Hey Dan!"

"Yeah Bill?"

"Come review my latest paper with a childish hidden acrostic!"

"Looks good to me, Bill! Perfect scholarship, as usual! Peer review passed! Lets go grab a beer!"
PseudoPaul
Star B

Post by PseudoPaul »

Still banging this drum? Why doesn't he take his findings to an academic journal, already?
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:15 pm
I've been saying for months that this forum needs to set up its own Journal. We can just upload posts verbatim from here to there and we'll be in the running to compete with Interpreter.
You might be on to something. Billy Shears and his destruction of Rasmussen's Bayesian 69 accompanied by the death spiral would and could make an interesting journal.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

We could call the new journal Exterpreter.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

consiglieri wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:56 pm
Waiting patiently for the joke to land …
Wow, I am thick ain't I? :lol:
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

It may be that the author of the Book of Mormon had a fondness for various uses of that and wrote that that appears more often than that does in the words of people not so enamored with that.

Yes the article is about the use of that in a time context which gives it a sort of flourish my sentence lacks.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

they misspelled "anachronism".